Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair that Yaya Sonago has played so few times for Auxerre that he hardly counts either.

Funnily enough Arsenal fans aren't too happy with this business so far this window either, especially given how Gazidis went on about how much money they've got to spend.

I've seen a couple of cynical voices say the Suarez bids are just to keep the fans happy and thinking they're willing to spend that amount of cash, they don't actually expect to buy him.

edit; and Arsenal and Man Utd already have very strong squads compared to us.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Really don't get all this hype over Gomis, He isn't any better than Cisse in my opinion.

Can't say they'd hope around him but we desperately need competition up front.

Can't believe it, haven't had the internet for a month. Still, not a sign of one player coming into the club. Kinky Kinnear is just going surprise us all and leave it to the last week and just flood us with three or four star players.

Pards getting tough with Ashley about getting some players 'over the line'.

please-sir-i-want-some-more-o.gif

"Please, Mike, can we have some more?"

In the space of 5 mins SkySportsNews has said we have made a bid of 6.9mil for Gomis and a season long loan deal for Remy.

Presuming the latter will be due to the rape charge. Imagine a permanent deal would be in the deal should he be cleared.

Gomis alledged to be on 300K (euro) p/w and want more to move. Also we are meant to have offered 5-6M and they want 10M + 2M bonuses. If true, that deal aint gonna happen then!

€300k per week?! There are only a few players in the entire world on that kind of money!

Is there anybody else out there other than Gomis and Remy who tick the proverbial boxes (decent age, less than £10m, goalscorers etc)?

I said Vydra the other day and read that Udinese want £15m for him this morning. So wo won't be going for him.

Imagine though, all this TV money and if the Sky Sports claim comes to fruition, we'll have spent less than £7m (assuming that's our business done) :lol:

naw he said he mistyped it's per month

Thank heavens for that. Seems I jumped the gun. Those wages would put an end to the whole affair so I'm still not sure that's quite right. My concern re. Remy is that we're just making another audacious bid that QPR won't even consider. Reminds me of the Carroll saga last summer.

Is there anybody else out there other than Gomis and Remy who tick the proverbial boxes (decent age, less than £10m, goalscorers etc)?

I said Vydra the other day and read that Udinese want £15m for him this morning. So wo won't be going for him.

Imagine though, all this TV money and if the Sky Sports claim comes to fruition, we'll have spent less than £7m (assuming that's our business done) :lol:

And thats before we've sold Cabaye. Ashley could have his money back by the end of next season at this rate though :)

Its just silly, and something we've discussed time and time again. We just need a bit of a push to be competing for top 5. Its not like Ashley has to provide it out of his own pocket either considering the TV money etc. If we would just go out and spend 10-12M on a proven defender or something like that in addition to the strikers. Not asking much considering the above situation. But the fat man just wont budge. So given that I'd be absolutely bloody delighted if we got both Gomis and Remy. Its what we need, anything apart from that would be showing ambition which is just not be expected here any more.