Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised the bid was rejected. The owner is publicly insisting he leaves the club this summer for the club to move into the new lower wage model. The price quoted seems fair for a lad with only 1 season left on his contract.

Wenger must be properly desperate to get something into his trophy cabinet like for them to be going for a lad with his reputation.

Im surprised they've lost out on Higuain. Much more stable option than Suarez, cheaper, and will probably score more goals. I get it that Suarez has more flair and that ability to make something out of nothing but its a proven goalscorer that Arsenal really need.

Its all very subjective, something that Andrew was trying to say above.

They had the money from the Cavani sale. If he can get them 20-25 goals they'll be happy and consider the money well spent.

Didnt Wenger lose out on Mata because he was unwilling to spend the extra 2M that Chelsea were?

Haven't been reading up on summer transfers much due to a long vacation but, fuck, teams like Norwich, Swansea and Mackems are signing potential world class players atm. Even Villa has signed some almost guaranteed big hits. What have we done???

Arguing about the price of two low-fee strikers, old but not particularly proven, who is more likely to be flops than anything else.

And why cant we just get the fuck out of France... ?

Cant support a club being run like this anymore. Cant support a joke.

Edited by Aeris

Haven't been reading up on summer transfers much due to a long vacation but, fuck, teams like Norwich, Swansea and Mackems are signing potential world class players atm. Even Villa has signed some almost guaranteed big hits. What have we done???

Arguing about the price of two low-fee strikers, old but not particularly proven, who is more likely to be flops than anything else.

And why cant we just get the fuck out of France... ?

Cant support a club being run like this anymore. Cant support a joke.

:whiteflag:

:bye:

“Like Moussa Sissoko, Mapou ­Yanga-Mbiwa, Hatem Ben Arfa and Yohan Cabaye. All excellent. And we have Sammy ­Ameobi, Shola’s brother. I have spoken with Fabricio Coloccini and I am confident he is staying and Steven ­Taylor — well, he is a rock

How many times do you think he had to practice that?

Like Miles Sissoko, Mapou ­Mumba-Jumba, Hatem Ben Afree and Yohan Kebab. All excellent. And we have Sammy ­Ameebi, Sheila’s brother. I have spoken with Fabricio Bolagnese and I am confident he is staying and Steven ­Sailor — well, he is a rock

I wonder how much of the prevarication with transfers is brinkmanship plus the usual trick of saving wages in pre season. it's likely to backfire if that's what we're up to.

I wonder how much of the prevarication with transfers is brinkmanship plus the usual trick of saving wages in pre season. it's likely to backfire if that's what we're up to.

Another possible explanation is that Ashley gave Pardew money to spend in January and since it did not improve results much overall he wont give him any more until he has shown he can get more out of the current lot. Personally i think we would have gone down without the spend in Jan but results-wise, not sure there was much of a difference.

Maybe we arent signing anyone because if things dont improve before Christmas, Pardew is sacked.

Another possible explanation is that Ashley gave Pardew money to spend in January and since it did not improve results much overall he wont give him any more until he has shown he can get more out of the current lot. Personally i think we would have gone down without the spend in Jan but results-wise, not sure there was much of a difference.

Maybe we arent signing anyone because if things dont improve before Christmas, Pardew is sacked.

:lol: and who's favourite to be appointed the next manager of NUFC?