Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you like him?

Why not?

Twitter for me is a bit like a forum. I like a good mixture that includes the factuals, the serious boys, the stats man, the funny guys and the bizarre.

This forum would be dull as dishwater without the random characters.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Newcastle United are closely monitoring Jay Spearing's potential availability at Liverpool and considering bidding for the midfielder as long as the slump that has taken Alan Pardew's team to one place above the relegation zone does not get any worse and sends them into the Championship.

Spearing has spent this season on loan at Bolton Wanderers, where he has already won player of the year awards from two different supporters' groups. He has a year remaining on his contract at Liverpool and may have to leave Anfield on a permanent basis if he wants to carry on getting regular first-team football.

The 24-year-old has become an integral part of the Bolton side that Dougie Freedman has taken to sixth in the Championship, with the opportunity to confirm a play-off spot by beating Blackpool at home on Saturday.

A broken toe has ruled out Spearing but he still has a chance of figuring in the play-off final, should Bolton get there, and is due for talks with the Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers, to establish his future.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/01/newcastle-jay-spearing-liverpool-bolton?CMP=twt_gu

Why not?

Twitter for me is a bit like a forum. I like a good mixture that includes the factuals, the serious boys, the stats man, the funny guys and the bizarre.

This forum would be dull as dishwater without the random characters.

You still haven't said why you like him. :lol:

We need 3 things this summer

1. LEADERSHIP- That's at all levels. Mike Ashley need to get behind his team and allow us to spend i'm not talking about Bale money but a decent amount. He should look at it like an investment you got to spend money to make money. Alan Pardew needs to go i'm sorry but that's my opinion he lost the locker room and has too many questionable decisions its time to bring someone that can bring out the most out of our players. someone that the players want to play for. The players need to step up and get hungry they totally gave up against Liverpool and that's disgraceful have pride in what you do and Cabaye needs to take this team and make it his. Finally the fans we need to stop all this non-sense of fighting and going crazy after losses what kinda of non sense is this we need to get behind our team and show the Epl, Europe and the World that we are a world class club with world class fans.

2. FiITNESS- This is huge need my goodness no type of stamina its ridiculous. We either play really hard the first half and die out the second half or play soft the first half and then play hard in the second half. I want to see this team out run teams for 90 min. Dortmund is what we should model ourselves after. They are always running always attacking always defending its a beautiful thing to see if we could play at a high level constantly we could win some games on that alone. It also helps prevent injuries and help players recover from injuries quicker.

3. EXPAND- Time to expand the Newcastle United brand. Need to open up the market worldwide. Not just Europe especially just France. There are players from all around the world that would help bring this team to higher levels and my first choice is Jefferson Montero great tenacity fitness level and heart. He plays in a stadium that its 2 miles high that's thin air and plays at a high level. We need players that play hard from all around i would love some home grown players as well.

My sales pitch to players would be this is a club with history and passion. It might not have the history of some of the giants such as Real Madrid, Manchester United, Bayer Munich but every story begins somewhere. You can be the beginning of a legacy that lasts hundreds of years. One day fans can look back and say it all began in 2013 with this amazing team that started the foundation for greatness.

NEWCASTLE UNITED FOR LIFE!!!!!

You still haven't said why you like him. :lol:

I just do.

Like tonight, he has a tweet volley that Steve McClaren has been lined up to replace Pardew.

Sometimes it's mad stories, sometimes just normal stuff and occasionally due to the high number of "players" he follows, the odd titbit.