Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

I said he doesn't play as a winger any more which I stand by. At best he plays as a wide defensive minded midfielder, that's not the same as a winger.

And I never said that Obertan wasn't a winger. Being shite is enough of a reason to discount him so would it not have been enough if I labeled Jonas the same?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we pulled out of the Gomis deal over £0.5m?

It would appear so. Ashley prefers deadline a deadline day farce, placing the beginning of the season in jeopardy. Is there a single person on this board who thinks we will be ready to face Manchester City?

It would appear so. Ashley prefers deadline a deadline day farce, placing the beginning of the season in jeopardy. Is there a single person on this board who thinks we will be ready to face Manchester City?

Wouldn't surprise me if we've effectively already written that one off and are treating the 24th as the start of the season.

I said he doesn't play as a winger any more which I stand by. At best he plays as a wide defensive minded midfielder, that's not the same as a winger.

And I never said that Obertan wasn't a winger. Being shite is enough of a reason to discount him so would it not have been enough if I labeled Jonas the same?

Aahh!...a wingback??!! :lol:

Mental as it may be, I'm putting my faith in Adam Campbell , if he can just break through and be the next Rooney for us, we will avoid relegation.

If, without significant signings we survive this, it will be a miracle. It beggars belief that anyone thinks we're going to sign anyone decent , given that we NEVER have re-invested, it's all just been small fractions of previous sales.

I might have whinged all summer, but once it kicks off I'll go into stupidly optimistic mode again.

Aahh!...a wingback??!! :lol:

Nah that's something else entirely.

Basically jonas plays like a fullback but from midfield and santon plays like a winger but from defence

I think...

Nah that's something else entirely.

Basically jonas plays like a fullback but from midfield and santon plays like a winger but from defence

I think...

As I've said before, Stuart Pearce for Forest did both without breaking sweat, so did John Beresford for us. Both were fullbacks. But lets not open that can of worms again...:lol:

Wouldn't surprise me if we've effectively already written that one off and are treating the 24th as the start of the season.

I understand that Ashley is a businessman and losing a million could potentially cost a million on the next deal and so on but how much is to be lost languishing at the bottom end of the table continuosly. It's false economy, puts fans off attending puts players off joining and costs us in the long run.

As I've said before, Stuart Pearce for Forest did both without breaking sweat, so did John Beresford for us. Both were fullbacks. But lets not open that can of worms again... :lol:

Unfortunately Santon isn't as good as either of those players you mention. Also I don't know about Pearce at Forest but Bez had the likes of Sellars and Ginola ahead of him when he was here. Both of which were much greater attacking threats than Jonas.

You can argue the intricacies all you want. Jonas is a winger

It's not intricacies at all. He doesn't play in that position anymore.

Either that's Pardews choice or it's him adjusting his game for one reason or another. If it's Pardews then he must have no faith in him there so that still comes back to fact that we need a winger.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 2m
Confirmed: West Ham and Lille have agreed a fee (€3.5m) for Kalou. Now for the player to decide (reports reliable @mohamedbouhafsi) #WHUFC

We should be in ffs.

We have cisse gouffran ameobi and campbell. I doubt we're in the market for more thanks one striker sadly.

fancy betting on at least one striker in before the window closes?