Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

Absolutely nothing wrong with Marveaux, Bigiramana or Haidara. Completely missing out MYM :unsure2:

I'm not sure he did, if colo and taylor are both injured, 4th choice plays along side mym.

I would argue that marveux out of those 3, has no right to be in a premiership team.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OL president tweeting tonight that he is happy with the 8 million euros we've offered fir Gomis and that it's agent fees that is holding the deal up.

Although ridiculous, it sounds like a deal is close. Getting him and Remy on loan could be done and dusted this week.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Marveaux, Bigiramana or Haidara. Completely missing out MYM :unsure2:

Dont want to get started on the Marveaux debate again, but there's something definitely wrong when a player cant be involved in a game for more than a total of 10 minutes. Cant see him being anything more than an impact sub. Hope he proves me wrong.

Dont know about Remy...theres the err "allegations" hanging over him for a start, and turning us down in January does sort of indicate what his motivation is. How motivated will he be for us is what I'd question. His QPR contract is his "golden goose"; the biggy of his career and should set him up for life. He's not with them next season though, will he actually give a flying one for a club he turned down because they wouldnt pay him what he and his agents wanted?... unknowable, but you do know what you're getting with Darren Bent. And seeing as its widely accepted that Bent was Pardew's choice, its another chip away at the blokes standing at the club. Whoever represented the club when the 2million offer was made must have a fuckin great poker face. I wouldnt have been able to stop smirking. Why bother taking the piss?...wonder where that attitude to recruitment comes from?...

I'd be delighted with Remy based purely on the one goal I saw him score for QPR and the fact he's a Graham Carr special.

I think however if it isn't tied up by Friday it isn't going to happen. (I have a sneaky feeling it will go through today based purely on dreams).

Dont know about Remy...theres the err "allegations" hanging over him for a start, and turning us down in January does sort of indicate what his motivation is. How motivated will he be for us is what I'd question. His QPR contract is his "golden goose"; the biggy of his career and should set him up for life. He's not with them next season though, will he actually give a flying one for a club he turned down because they wouldnt pay him what he and his agents wanted?... unknowable, but you do know what you're getting with Darren Bent. And seeing as its widely accepted that Bent was Pardew's choice, its another chip away at the blokes standing at the club. Whoever represented the club when the 2million offer was made must have a fuckin great poker face. I wouldnt have been able to stop smirking. Why bother taking the piss?...wonder where that attitude to recruitment comes from?...

If I remember rightly Obertan was Pardew's choice and it has tainted certain peoples views on his choosing ability.

If I remember rightly Obertan was Pardew's choice and it has tainted certain peoples views on his choosing ability.

Am not making any great claims for Bent but hes being forced out of Villa because of mioney, Lerner's pulled the plug and his wages are high. Look at the make up of their squad and you'll realise the direction theyre going in. Theres also the payment to Spurs on his completion of 50 appearances, I think that was resolved but there has been a general reluctance from Villa to pick him purely for financial reasons. Also:

Also:

2001–2005 Ipswich Town 122 (48) 2005–2007 Charlton Athletic 68 (31) 2007–2009 Tottenham Hotspur 60 (18) 2009–2011 Sunderland 58 (32) 2011– Aston Villa

4 in 11 for England.

Am not saying Bent is a better player than Remy, but he is less of a risk.

ya what? he's a 26 year old french international who played for a couple of the biggest teams in france, including in the champions league.

Graham Carr special.... you're such a mong when it comes to anyone outside of (i was going say newcastle but you're as lost with half of our players too) :lol:

Listen I know your a world football master mind but some of us are just plain and simple Newcastle fans and pay no attention to other teams.

Just because a player has played for decent teams in a foreign country doesn't necessarily mean they are right for us. Graham Carr has said this numerous times.

By being a GC special Im referring to the fact he's done all his homework on him and considers him a perfect fit for us.

As Harry said when QPR stole him in January.

""Newcastle United wanted him and Graham Carr (chief scout) doesn't make too many mistakes. Graham's got good judgement."

I might well be a Ming but you sir are the very definition of Internet warrior. ;)

You really should either cut the coffee out it drink some calming tea.

No need for the racism CT!

A proud part of me says no to Remy, but the rest of me says yes please. He is a bit of a crock though, so with our luck we'll sign him and he'll get injured in a pre-season friendly.

I'm on lemon and ginger tea at the minute. Great stuff, although its nicer made with just sliced lemon and fresh ginger in a teapot.

Thats sounds quite nice. Might give that a go today. Id ask for a recipe but would know doubt get mocked :(

Can call me whatever you like but the fact is you weigh in with opinions you can't actually put your considerable weight behind because you haven't a baldy what you're talking about half the time and then have a huff when someone points out your revelations aren't exactly what you think they are.

I think my only opinion that you took offence too was stating that I trust Graham Carrs opinion. :lol:

Sigh.

Thats sounds quite nice. Might give that a go today. Id ask for a recipe but would know doubt get mocked :(

Loads of cut ginger, slices of lemon semi-squeezed into the pot, bit of grated lemon peel and sugar to taste. Don't put boiling water in as it affects the taste, let the water cool a little (10 secs)...

Dried green mango powder 2 tsp with fizzy water (ice) and a dash of lime is very good for summer and packed with Vit C.

Aye you don't need much lemon or ginger. Just leave it to brew for a bit and try it. I don't have sugar in, but it might be nice.

Ginger has something in it that's good for weight loss. ;)

Lads, don't expect anything before the weekend, or next weekend..

There's been a new holding company set up here with a sister holding company based in Dubai with Newcastle United in the name. My best mate is a business analyst (Chelsea supporter) noticed it on a new company database. As of right now there's scant information on who it's registered to (not Mike Ashley's though)

If someone was moving large amounts of cash from the far east, that would be the way to do it.

If I find out more I'll post!