Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is, but the only way that players like Bigi and Haidara are going to improve is through playing games at the top level so it's quite a conundrum.

Those two to me have both looked capable when they have played. Haidara particularly interests me in that he's got a strong left foot which none of our other fullbacks have. This makes him more likely to take on his man out wide when overlapping - something that Santon or Jonas rarely do.

Bigi seems to be well disciplined in his passing - kind of how Tiote was when he first joined.

There is, but the only way that players like Bigi and Haidara are going to improve is through playing games at the top level so it's quite a conundrum.

Those two to me have both looked capable when they have played. Haidara particularly interests me in that he's got a strong left foot which none of our other fullbacks have. This makes him more likely to take on his man out wide when overlapping - something that Santon or Jonas rarely do.

Bigi seems to be well disciplined in his passing - kind of how Tiote was when he first joined.

Haidara is going to be a really good left back. I'd be more than happy to let him have a dozen starts this season.

Haidara is going to be a really good left back. I'd be more than happy to let him have a dozen starts this season.

Agree. He has the attributes to be very good. I wouldn't want us to bring in another fullback if it meant starving him of playing opportunities. Especially whilst we have many other positions that require more strengthening.

Not much over 2 weeks until our first game of the season and we've bought no one. They'll obviously have a great chance of settling in with the team should anyone arrive...

It's all very familiar isn't it though? We have such low hopes for the club to meet and it can't even manage those, simply faffing around pretending to sign people until transfer deadline day when we'll launch a £12m bid for someone who's already agreed terms with another club, and leave ourselves short changed for another season.

I do miss Llambias, I really do. He wasn't batshit crazy.

As a successful business man Ashley must know you have to speculate to accumulate, and that being so, how can he be so complacent with Kinnear's import-export activities. Ashley invested mucho dinero in NUFC but 'five out - zero in' is hardly good business in starting a new season.

Why do I have this feeling that there will be NO summer signings.

Kinnear is plainly struggling as we predicted. I'm not surprised by bent as I think we were only interested in getting him at a bargain price due to his situation at his age we won't recoup a transfer fee so he'll go to fulham. However jfk is such a clueless fucker there will be no plan b if gomis and remy don't come off.

I've stopped taking an interest in rumours now.

Fuck them all.

On page 90 of a thread for signings when we've signed noone :lol:

OTF, I agree with you, but the problem is we don't have deph, so we are goint to burn this young players, using them like starters supporter. We have to be patienc, unless they are Messi's and Ronaldo's, who can fit in the team directly. And what about Williamson, Obertan, Shola....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10217045/Loic-Remys-loan-move-to-Newcastle-in-jeopardy-as-Queens-Park-Rangers-only-want-to-sell-French-striker.html

Sounds like 'arry was just blowing off to give his pet journos a story.....he doesnt have the shout on this one as he's "only" the coach,his boss and the one who will have the final say Tony Fernanades sounds a lot more realistic about Remy's situation.