Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so this is where you begin to lose credibility. Most of what you said is simply untrue. CT aside, there is no one on here who defends Ashley to the hilt. Take a look at a couple of opinion polls that were carried out on here: http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/31945-mike-ashley-approval-rating/ http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/29824-ashley-in-a-click/ Also, bear in mind that these polls were created when we were sitting in 4th and 6th (just one point off 4th) respectively. I think it's clear that there's no great love for him. You also make the point that the Sports Direct naming of SJP was a tax dodge, could you please elaborate and explain how that deal in any way had a tangible effect on Ashley's tax bill? I just can't see it. I think you'll find that many on here share your pessimism regarding our prospects under Ashley, it's just that most of us have been around long enough that it's getting harder and harder for us to be surprised by what goes on at the club. I made that point yesterday that your claim that we had brought in more in transfer revenue than we had bought in the last two years was untrue because it was untrue, it was factually incorrect. Just as your above claim that the SD branding is a ploy to reduce Ashley's tax bill, again it is untrue. There are more than enough sticks with which to beat Ashley, there's no need to be making things up.

This is exactly what im talking about and it is defensive.

I never mentioned 2 years, you did, to debunk that more money comes in than out in transfer revenue

Nufc charge sports direct for the advertising, thus reducing the proftability of sports direct and saving 20% due on that profit, which would have been subject to tax, while Newcastle "breaks even" as Ashley takes out his loan repayments.

Its been media covered all year about linked companies offsetting profit this way, a la Starbuck etc.

Ant responds with "nonsense".

Opinion polls on here aren't worth much either, I voted keep pards on his thread and its been doctored totally hasn't it?

That, for me is defensive.

Edited by scoobos

Getting Remy in was a good thing for Joe Kinnear.

In view of the fact that Joe Kinnear got rape-charged, injured Remy across the line on loan, I think he is worthy of a medal for something ........ but I know not what unless it's for being a first rate wanker.

“But he has opted for Fulham and I think perhaps that is a safer option. Were the Sunderland links a factor? Possibly yes, and maybe the profile of this club as well. It is bigger than Fulham's, that's just a fact.”

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/read_article/10618707._/

Maybe he just didnt want to work for a bunch of fuckin clowns Alan?..

I never mentioned 2 years, you did, to debunk that more money comes in than out in transfer revenue

Nufc charge sports direct for the advertising, thus reducing the proftability of sports direct and saving 20% due on that profit, which would have been subject to tax, while Newcastle "breaks even" as Ashley takes out his loan repayments.

Its been media covered all year about linked companies offsetting profit this way, a la Starbuck etc.

Opinion polls on here aren't worth much either, I voted keep pards on his thread and its been doctored totally hasn't it?

You're a fucking idiot without the faintest grasp of tax law or arrangements. I tried to be civil but you're just going to continue making problems up in your head.

You should stop talking about tax planning....you plainly don't understand it. Incidentally iirc nufc have never charged sports direct a penny for advertising, which is the opposite of what you claim.

I think it's a bit unfair to complain about a lack of made up stories.

They kept us entertained at least :lol: What is there but hope?

Anyway there was truth in some of them wasnt there? Abumeyang, Bent etc? Dont know whether we went in for them with everything but at least something seemed to be going on.

Media's busier now that the season's starting so arent making up that many stories. Im sure Kinnear's working his arse off to get that striker 'over the line'.

I could argue all day on this one, but its born of frustration really. It is funny though that we have so called accountants saying that if you cross charge across sister companies that it doesn't save tax.. I got my founding though, from a newspaper article saying it was a 1.8 mil deal in the guardian; so only this next year return will really show anything. Just because there was no charge in last years, doesn't mean he cant charge 2 mil for a weeks advertising if he likes, he controls the payment plan after all.

anyhoo, I do know that its not very wise to take frustrations out on an internet forum, it just riled me with the "2 years" comment being thrown in by you, ewerk, not me. Then we've got MT fully expecting 2 more signings, and I've only ever heard anything positive about Wonga from toon fans since we got sponsored by them. its madness imo.

Back on topic, is there any article anywhere that says why the guys think they didn't get bent? It seems a bit scary that we can't get him, given where hes gone on loan.

hahaahah, really, where did that rumor come from?

All I really hope for, is that Anita, Sissoko, Arfa , Colo , Krul all have good seasons, settle together and don't get injured. That will keep us up and you know, we could challenge for Europe again with an injury free season, its just a big ask. Surely that would be enough for Ashley to get enough money out the club to sell up and fook off.

hahaahah, really, where did that rumor come from?

All I really hope for, is that Anita, Sissoko, Arfa , Colo , Krul all have good seasons, settle together and don't get injured. That will keep us up and you know, we could challenge for Europe again with an injury free season, its just a big ask. Surely that would be enough for Ashley to get enough money out the club to sell up and fook off.

Anita, Sissoko, oooo I wanna take you to Ben Arfa and Colo, come on pretty Yohan.

Im sure Kinnear's working his arse off to get that striker 'over the line'.

:lol:

And I'm sure there's an alien base on the dark side of the moon.

Edited by trophyshy

Anita, Sissoko, oooo I wanna take you to Ben Arfa and Colo, come on pretty Yohan.

I need the tune, can't work it out. Cabaye's already gone mentally imo. Hasn't been here for half a season now really.

anyhoo, I do know that its not very wise to take frustrations out on an internet forum, it just riled me with the "2 years" comment being thrown in by you, ewerk, not me.

Sure we've bought in the last two years, but we've always been decreasing the value of the squad (e.g total spend is always less than income from transfers).

FFS, how can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you can't even remember what you said yourself?

Give that man a toupee!

I'll give you a small surprise, like an anaemic kitten sneezing, which would overload your weak and stricken heart.

Then I'd stand over your dying body and just wee on you for a bit.