Man City -v- NUFC

Barney

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything points to a scudding I'm afraid. I'd take a narrow defeat and more importantly no injuries and get this out of the way for some important winnable games. Defeatist? Probably, but given the choice it'd make more sense to rest/protect players in this game rather than, oooh, let's say Brighton for example.

Playing Simpson will allow us to catch them by surprise early on as they struggle to contain their fits of giggles. If we can score 4 before they manage to compose themselves, we have an outside chance of a draw.

I reckon we'll see:

Elliott

Simpson, Mapou, Taylor, Jonas

Cabaye, Anita

Marveaux, Sissoko, Gouffran

Cisse

I've got us down for a 3-0 or 3-1 win. If Cabaye or Cisse score first and 3-1 happens, I'll be a grand richer by 5pm. Everyone has written us off in this, 9/1 for a win says it all. So I think we could cause an upset today.

Obertan. :(

Can see why Pardew wants to play him away to these due to his pace on the counter but he's had far too many chances for me now.

#NUFC substitutes v #MCFC: Harper, Good, Perch, Bigirimana, Gosling, Marveaux, Campbell. #BPL #newcastle

That shows the injury problems we have. Weak bench. Hopefully means we can see a few back against Benfica on Thursday then.

Definitely an attacking if also experimental starting 11 just not much in the way of options off the bench in the second half. Unless of course we are in a good position at 60 mins and we can let Marveaux or Campbell have a go.

1-1 Cabaye

OUT: Krul, Coloccini, Santon, Debuchy, Tiote and Ben Arfa. Six 1st team players. Haidara, Shola, Raylor and Gosling also.

Of course Dzeko starts & Aguero's on the bench. I'd put acca on Aguero, Ba, Chamberlain & Bale to score at anytime... of whom, only 1 is starting. Cock!