Man City -v- NUFC

Barney

CT -

Apart from Wigan & Man City today we've generally been fine since the squad became almost sufficient.

Name a manager that would get a win today with the squad on offer - not many would get a point but it's easy to blame Pardew - if we push up they'll counter us & probably put six past us - if we sit back it's backs to the wall. It probably wasn't the best decision with only one first team defender on the pitch but managers make mistakes. Damned if he does damned if he doesn't because man for man -Man City are a far superior team to us.

On Sissoko he's naturally box to box but I prefer him in an attacking position as he's more piercing & a lot more consistent than Marv. ''He's a number 10 now, I never saw him as that but his perfomances at Newcastle have made that choice for him'' - Deschamps.

Regards the next level - I'm quite happy with Pardew - providing he's backed properly. Obviously a better manager is a better manager but I don't think they'll get one. The mistakes this season have been from head to toe - it's very foolish to lay the blame only on Pardew & it's clear you're working on several vendettas. It's pretty sad.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not watched the game yet but seen a lot of over the top opinions. Will comment again when I've seen the performance but some people need to chill out, playing Man City and losing 4-0 isn't good, but it's hardly a bloody disaster.

Not watched the game yet but seen a lot of over the top opinions.

What 'over the top opinions' ........... we were terrible and came out waving white flags.

Elliot was time-wasting during the warm up and we had 1 shot on target.

I think people have been quite calm considering we're 3 points off a relegation place.

We're also 3 points of 10th but I suppose it's hard to look up the table when you get beat - even if you're patchwork squad gets beat off a £400m team.

I don't doubt it was a terrible performance, from hearing about it it sounds so. But playing against one of the best sides in the world and coming out with negative tactics is hardly surprising. It works more often than playing a similar team and going gung ho. Many wrote this game off anyway, it wasn't as if it was a MASSIVE (and no, not all are massive) game or anything

Negative tactics can sometimes be called pragmatism or sensibleness - dependning on the result & it did us a lot of favours last year.

It's quite obvious why Pardew favours it anyway - well obvious to some.

I don't doubt it was a terrible performance, from hearing about it it sounds so. But playing against one of the best sides in the world and coming out with negative tactics is hardly surprising. It works more often than playing a similar team and going gung ho. Many wrote this game off anyway, it wasn't as if it was a MASSIVE (and no, not all are massive) game or anything

Sometimes going defensive doesn't have to be negative though that's the problem. Today was stood off them and showed them far too much respect and came out with the attitude of if we get a point it would be amazing but if we don't get anything then they wouldn't be too disappointed.

Our off the ball pressing and work rate was awful today, it was almost like Pardew said we won't get anything so don't get injured for Thursday. We also had no idea what to do at all when we got the ball back. There's no way you can spend the full match away at Manchester City sitting deep and allowing them that much time and space on the ball, that was what really disappointed me today, I'm a big believer in pressing the ball but with us there seems like it's pointless because even if we did so we wouldn't know what to do with the ball.

CT -

Apart from Wigan & Man City today we've generally been fine since the squad became almost sufficient.

Name a manager that would get a win today with the squad on offer - not many would get a point but it's easy to blame Pardew - if we push up they'll counter us & probably put six past us - if we sit back it's backs to the wall. It probably wasn't the best decision with only one first team defender on the pitch but managers make mistakes. Damned if he does damned if he doesn't because man for man -Man City are a far superior team to us.

On Sissoko he's naturally box to box but I prefer him in an attacking position as he's more piercing & a lot more consistent than Marv. ''He's a number 10 now, I never saw him as that but his perfomances at Newcastle have made that choice for him'' - Deschamps.

Regards the next level - I'm quite happy with Pardew - providing he's backed properly. Obviously a better manager is a better manager but I don't think they'll get one. The mistakes this season have been from head to toe - it's very foolish to lay the blame only on Pardew & it's clear you're working on several vendettas. It's pretty sad.

Im sure you are bright enough to know that Im not the only Newcastle Fan who thinks a lot of our misfortune is down to Pardew. Ask Johnny want the view is on Newcastle Online?

As for Vendettas :unsure2:

How many of the 'patchwork non-first team players' who played today we're bought by a manager who some wish to excuse?

According to others the likes of Taylor and Gutierrez aren't actually first team players despite being picked for the first game of the season.

How does that work then?

(Borrowed from elsewhere)

We're 20 points behind this stage last season, 6 points behind the year before (when we changed managers halfway through) and only 4 points ahead of the relegation season. After 31 games; 80% of the way through.

Even accounting for all of the things that have been against Pardew this season, that's not nearly good enough.

We're 20 points behind this stage last season, 6 points behind the year before (when we changed managers halfway through) and only 4 points ahead of the relegation season. After 31 games; 80% of the way through.

Even accounting for all of the things that have been against Pardew this season, that's not nearly good enough.

Aye.

Who was it on here touting him for England again?

You're comparing how poor Pardew is this season compared to how good he was last season as proof Pardew isn't good enough now? Is this some kind of bizarre circular reasoning?

Amazing how some people go out of their way to defend or make excuses.

The players Pardew has had at his disposal this season should have been good enough to not be in this league position.

Constantly going on about squad depth or injuries does not excuse where we are and just papers over the cracks.

Most of the season we have failed to link midfield and attack in any convincing way and Pardew seems totally incapable of being able to mould a team out of this group of players.

Had we gone out with the same vigour that we started the second half with who knows what could have happened.

He also seems unable to jiggle things around utilise different personnel to the benefit of the team.

It's not just about today, it's been a similar story all season.

Thank god for the luck we have had in the last few minutes of games this season or we would already be in the bottom 3.

I would love to see Sissoko taking over from Tiote and then having Marveaux or a similar player there who can hold the ball and take the attack on.

I really hope we survive and Ashley realises that to take us on to the next level we need a better manager and we should pay the right money for the right person.

Pathetic little fat man

No one's bloody laughing

The clown that no one laughs at

They all just wish he'd die

So Anita (a central midfielder) who is dogshit at fullback and Perch (A defensive midfielder) who is worse?

Come on Noelie, you're better than this.

Anita can and has played right back and is as much dogshit as Simpson/Wilson.

Didn't Perch come to us as a full-back? and where did he play today when he came on?

It is my considered opinion that had Pardieu started the line-up I proposed we would have done better than the 10 men he did start(Obertan never started)

Anita can and has played right back and is as much dogshit as Simpson/Wilson.

Didn't Perch come to us as a full-back? and where did he play today when he came on?

It is my considered opinion that had Pardieu started the line-up I proposed we would have done better than the 10 men he did start(Obertan never started)

I know it's easy and popular to have a go at Simpson, but he's not as bad as people make out. He's certainly not worse than Anita at right back, also he's got more fight in him than Wor Vurn.

Perch has only played sufficiently well to be considered for a starting role, when he's been used in the defensive midfield position.

What you've done is looked at a poor performance by a patchwork side against the £400m Champions and picked out the 2 easiest targets.

The starting 11 based on appearances

Krul

Simpson

Coloccini

Williamson

Santon

Perch

Anita

Marveaux

Cabaye

Gutierez

Cisse

The red ones are either not good enough, or were part of the previously relegated team, so not 'above' being relegated.

The jury is still out on the amber ones.

I've been generous on the number of greens, because most people have said Cisse would be the first to go in a clear out.

Spot on and unsurprisingly ignored by some.

Lets remind ourselves that Ashley installed Pardew, Ashley bought and sold the average players weve had to rely upon and Ashley failed to strengthen in the summer.

Pardew isn't a great manager, he's tactically limited and set pieces seem to baffle him, however, this season's failings have more to do with the players he's had available to him, than they have him.

I know it's easy and popular to have a go at Simpson, but he's not as bad as people make out. He's certainly not worse than Anita at right back, also he's got more fight in him than Wor Vurn.

Perch has only played sufficiently well to be considered for a starting role, when he's been used in the defensive midfield position.

What you've done is looked at a poor performance by a patchwork side against the £400m Champions and picked out the 2 easiest targets.

Spot on and unsurprisingly ignored by some.

So how can you say there were only 4 first team players on the pitch today, absolute nonsense.

Edited by Banshee

So how can you say there were only 4 first team players on the pitch today, absolute nonsense.

Surely you can't be that dense.

Surely you can't be that dense.

Surely you can't dodge the question with childish insults.

You're posting the names of first team players then saying they're not first team players.

Total drivel.