Man City -v- NUFC

Barney

It was a bad day at the office with a weakened side against a side and players who have the absolute beating of us. They're the one team I'd hope to avoid in a cup game. It's hard to take and watch but it happens. We were still shit and should've done better. Move on and up.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely you can't dodge the question with childish insults.

You're posting the names of first team players then saying they're not first team players.

Total drivel.

:lol:

OK I'll write it in crayon for you. If you were to name our 1st team, the majority who started against Man City wouldn't be amongst them.

Our 1st team would be something like

Krul

Debuchy Mbwia Colo Santon

Tiote

Sissoko Cabaye

HBA -----------------Gouffran

Cisse

Those in green were missing against Man City. Amongst tghem our 1st choice 'keeper, our captain, both our 1st choice fullbacks, our 1st choice defensive midfielder and the player who is most likely to change a game on his own. Do you now understand my simple point?

Your point seems to be that; if a player has at some point featured in the 1st team, he's therefore a fist team player. Which is frankly bonkers.

OK I'll write it in crayon for you. If you were to name our 1st team, the majority who started against Man City wouldn't be amongst them.

Krul

Tiote

Sissoko Cabaye

Cisse

Those in green were missing against Man City. Amongst tghem our 1st choice 'keeper, our captain, both our 1st choice fullbacks, our 1st choice defensive midfielder and the player who is most likely to change a game on his own. Do you now understand my simple point?

Your point seems to be that; if a player has at some point featured in the 1st team, he's therefore a fist team player. Which is frankly bonkers.

So Stephen Taylor's not a first team player????

Silly argument. It's about a squad not favourite 11 as that rarely happens.

So Stephen Taylor's not a first team player????

Silly argument. It's about a squad not favourite 11 as that rarely happens.

I'd have Mbiwa ahead of Taylor, definitely.

The argument was meant to be simple, but apparently it's a fucking chinese finger trap. The reason we've had a shit season is because the squad is weak and the luck we had with injuries (or lack thereof) last season has soured and we've not only had a normal amount of injured players, but we've been unlucky with injuries and because Ashley failed to strengthen in June our tiny squad has been stretched to it's limit by the league and the Europa competition. The reason ambition was set to one side against Man City in favour of pragmatism is because the team we could name wasn't just missing one or two key players; it was down to the bare bones.

If those players had gone gung-ho against the Man City that turned up yesterday we'd have lost by a cricket score.

It's your "Genius" Mike Ashley's fault more than it is Pardew's.

We got stuffed off the champions, 4-0.

FOUR-fucking-NIL!!!!!!

I'd hate to see some of you after Southend stuffed us 4-0 or Exeter, Wolves, Derby etc, etc. (Provided you have one iota of the games I'm talking about).

This time last year (y'know when we finished 5th) we were beaten 4-0 by Wigan when we fielded a team missing only Steven Taylor.

Really have no issue getting beat yesterday. Half strength side against one of the best teams in the league away from home.

I dont think anyone is complaining about the result against City.

They are complaining about the defeatist attitude that Pardew sends the team out with on a regular basis.

Thank fuck you're not a Sat Nav, you change direction so often nobody would get anywhere.

FOUR-fucking-NIL!!!!!!

I'd hate to see some of you after Southend stuffed us 4-0 or Exeter, Wolves, Derby etc, etc. (Provided you have one iota of the games I'm talking about).

:lol: And then turn up at every game for the rest of the season too, possibly ending in relegation..... I honestly fail to understand how some people think nowadays. Perspective is sadly lacking. Maybe am just getting older and the fire is dimming a bit, but if that were completely the case I'd have lost interest by now.....14-18 degrees in Lisbon last week and superbock for a couple of euros a throw....if that's what is involved in following NUFC in 2013 as well as shitty results as yesterday then I'm definetly in :)

FOUR-fucking-NIL!!!!!!

I was at Southend NYD 1992 and we did actually lose 4-0. 14 year old, getting the Armstrong Galley at 3am ffs, and I take your point but....we have a better class of player now, and that show yesterday was just cowardly. Man City didn't even need to play well. Obertan should ring his agent today and ask the club if they'd consider cancelling his contract. A complete disgrace.

I dont think anyone is complaining about the result against City.

They are complaining about the defeatist attitude that Pardew sends the team out with on a regular basis.

I won't go into the semantics but why do you think Pardew has this attitude & since he has had his squad boost in January - how has it hindered him & where has it been displayed?

Draw particular attention to games such as Stoke, Southampton & Chelsea at home & the Anzhi & Metalist ties.

As a fanbase - a lot of us can't take losing two games in a row without going on like children.

I would have gone with ..........

Elliot

Anita - Saylor - Mbiwa - Perch

Jonas - Cabaye - Sissoko - Gouffran

Cisse

You're the second person to suggest we should have started against Citeh with 10 men!! are you for real you clown??

Anita can and has played right back and is as much dogshit as Simpson/Wilson.

Didn't Perch come to us as a full-back? and where did he play today when he came on?

It is my considered opinion that had Pardieu started the line-up I proposed we would have done better than the 10 men he did start(Obertan never started)

but YOUR proposed line up WAS 10 men!!

I am enjoying the level of discomfort on NO with their realisation that CT is firmly in their camp :lol:

I sacked the game off yesterday, didn't plan to watch it which took our lass by surprise. I said at the time you've got to admire the fans who traveled down yesterday and in a way you could argue that the club owes it to them to try to win every game. Except it doesn't.

I was not exactly happy with the side we put out, I'd have fielded weaker and saved Cabaye but then again he might need games. There are 3 massive objectives still left for us this season, that's a lot going on and I do not want us pissing about trying to scrape a draw (and I'd say with little chance of success) against the champions at their place at full strength when we have survival in the premiership, the mackems and Benfica coming up.

Slogging our guts out to possibly but not likely get a point at City is about as stupid a preparation for our upcoming games as you could possibly make. The effort required to get a point is too risky in the current situation with the games coming up and would still have been a long shot. Without doubt Pardew would have looked at it in exactly this way. Which is why I admire those who traveled down, was never going to be any different. Great time to play us basically (or conversely a great time to have a game that you can write off).

A Tory and a "wait and see policy" before wanking over Ben Arfa was too much for them.

Shame really as the majority of them seem to have the same sensible football views as me.

The obvious difference being that they weren't calling Pardew the Messiah and calling for him to be made England manager just over 7 months ago.

Krul

Tiote

Sissoko Cabaye

Cisse

Totally idiotic and pompous as well .......... just because you prefer a certain player in a certain position, when Pardew picks someone else, doesn't mean he's not a first team player.

Taylor IIRC was first choice, in the first match, before the injuries & suspensions kicked in. So was Simpson, I reckon, and Gutierrez has been played in yesterday's position before.

You seem to have some fantasy that your preferred players ARE the first team and not what the club puts out.

If you truly believe that NUFC only had 4 first team players on the pitch you're either deluded or stupid. I'll go for plan B.

A Tory and a "wait and see policy" before wanking over Ben Arfa was too much for them.

Shame really as the majority of them seem to have the same sensible football views as me.

I've never met anbody - who follows the game - who understands it less. I doubt you could get through a conversation with proper football people.