New Strips?

Christmas Tree

Don't think there is any FIFA directive. The Mackems, west brom n stoke have stripes on the back. I just think you can't have the same colour numbers as the stripes. Red numbers look class with black n white. Blue or gold would do just as long as we had stripes on the back again.

Can wear what I like at my work (photography studio); would it be a fashion faux pas to wear a football top there?

It's more a 'being a grown man' faux pas. Although the fact you asked the question means you already do wear one to work

It's more a 'being a grown man' faux pas. Although the fact you asked the question means you already do wear one to work

Guess I'm not a grown man then. And tbh, fuck it, they're pretty comfortable and just something to throw on quickly before work when I'm not too bothered about how my clothes portray me.

yeah I only assumed it, was trying to think of other jerseys

fucking woeful decision if by choice

We've had a blank patch for years now sadly, think the last one to have full stripes was 06/07? And every year the fans complain, and every following year we get a patch.

Encourages name/number sales I guess, as it just looks stupid without them.

Aye matches, in the pub for matches or playing football/some other physical activity is really they only time they should be worn outside the house.

Nowt wrong with wearing shirts on holiday or the like is there? As long as its tasteful of course. Not talking the full kit wankers in full Liverpool kits (and towel) in Benidorm, probably with a Liver Bird shaved into their back hair or anything.

article-1315322834747-0DBC92AC00000578-9

'Oooh LTB I love the way you work that away shirt.'

T'was a hell of a job tucking me stones into those shorts mind .

Something the Scouse sexbomb seemingly won't have a problem with there .

Edited by LoveTheBobby

We've had a blank patch for years now sadly, think the last one to have full stripes was 06/07? And every year the fans complain, and every following year we get a patch.

Encourages name/number sales I guess, as it just looks stupid without them.

yeah it's terrible, I can't even remember the last one without

looks like it may be a lazy solution to this:

6.3 Based on the principle of light and dark contrast of used Colours and
irrespective of the prevailing conditions, such as weather and light, the Colour
used for any number appearing on Playing Equipment must be clearly legible
and distinguishable from a distance for all Players, Match Offi cials, spectators
and media from the Colours used for the respective Playing Equipment item.
This distinction may be achieved by displaying the numbers on a singlecoloured patch. The number may be surrounded by a border or shadow
outline. A Number Zone must be created on the back of the shirt unless, in
FIFA’s discretion, the number appearing is clearly legible and distinguishable
from a distance by all Players, the Match Offi cials, spectators and media, from
the Colours used for the respective Playing Equipment item. A Number Zone
may be created on the front of the shirt.

A bit off topic but felt this belonged here as starting a new topic would be stupid.

I'm looking to buy our third kit from two seasons ago - that lovely black one from the 2011/12 season. I've looked online but can't seem to find it anywhere -- most sites only carry last season's or retro kits that are much older than what I'm looking for.

Anyone have any ideas?

I don't believe so - and that kit is Adidas, the one I'm talking about is Puma from 11/12. And having trawled through ebay's 'Newcastle jersey' listings I couldn't find it at all!

Correction - found some but they're long-sleeved with name and numbers on the back, and cost £50. I'll keep looking for a cheaper option!