New Strips?

Christmas Tree

I absolutely love something I've just bought today. Nearly 50 quid, but the last football shirt I will ever buy. It feels a lot like nylon because it's so tough but it's some kind of cotton. A really good buy, remembering our genuinely last golden spell in football. So long ago me dad who's just died was only 9 when we got the third FA Cup in 4 years.

CEVZ4-NW0AAn1ac.jpg

I had that in the nineties, Stevie, think it was one of the first shirts toffs did when they started up. Always found it hard to wear to be honest. Maybe Pards was ahead of his time with his 'heavy shirt' comment? :lol:

I absolutely love something I've just bought today. Nearly 50 quid, but the last football shirt I will ever buy. It feels a lot like nylon because it's so tough but it's some kind of cotton. A really good buy, remembering our genuinely last golden spell in football. So long ago me dad who's just died was only 9 when we got the third FA Cup in 4 years.

CEVZ4-NW0AAn1ac.jpg

Nice. I like the round-neck Supermac era one anarl.

I'll get hammered by Stevie but I've bought this on offer with a white number ten hand stitched on the back of a small black square.

0013265_juventus-1984-1985-home-retro-fo

Got a snide version in Italy when I was a teenager and didn't know any better as you couldn't really get them in Newcastle at the time.

I'll get hammered by Stevie but I've bought this on offer with a white number ten hand stitched on the back of a small black square.

Got a snide version in Italy when I was a teenager and didn't know any better as you couldn't really get them in Newcastle at the time.

Is that based on the Platini era one that Kappa made?

Is that based on the Platini era one that Kappa made?

Aye, I've mentioned it before, but my late Granparents took me and my Sis on holiday in '87 to Lido di Jesolo as my folks could never have afforded it back then. My folks did give us some spending money which I saved till the last couple of days and bought the Platini Juventus strip which went down well on my return playing football in the summer with my pals jealous as fuck as foreign shirts were very rare back then. (round our way, anyway.) :D

Edited by Howmanheyman

Aye, I've mentioned it before, but my late Granparents took me and my Sis on holiday in '87 to Lido di Jesolo as my folks could never have afforded it back then. My folks did give us some spending money which I saved till the last couple of days and bought the Platini Juventus strip which went down well on my return playing football in the summer with my pals jealous as fuck as foreign shirts were very rare back then. (round our way, anyway.) :D

I've been there on me hols once as it happened. Used to always have similar experiences to the above when going to Spain. Returning from Benidorm with various snide Valencia, Barca and Real Madrid tops as a nipper. I was there in '82 when just after the Falklands. A canny few Argies were there because they had some group games in Alicante. What a player Platini was back then. Him and Zico.

I've been there on me hols once as it happened. Used to always have similar experiences to the above when going to Spain. Returning from Benidorm with various snide Valencia, Barca and Real Madrid tops as a nipper. I was there in '82 when just after the Falklands. A canny few Argies were there because they had some group games in Alicante. What a player Platini was back then. Him and Zico.

I never knew it was snide and luckily neither did my pals! :lol:

In a way, foreign football is almost the norm now, coverage wise. Back then it seemed so distant and cool as fuck with the limited footage on sportsnight, the highlights with commentary over a crackling telephone line etc. :)

I never knew it was snide and luckily neither did my pals! :lol:

In a way, foreign football is almost the norm now, coverage wise. Back then it seemed so distant and cool as fuck with the limited footage on sportsnight, the highlights with commentary over a crackling telephone line etc. :)

Used to get a copy of World Soccer at the airport on the way out too. As you say it was 'exotic'.

Remember when strippers were called 'exotic dancers' btw? :lol:

Used to get a copy of World Soccer at the airport on the way out too. As you say it was 'exotic'.

Remember when strippers were called 'exotic dancers' btw? :lol:

The only strippers I've ever seen weren't 'exotic'.

The ship in the hole- Wallsend. Horrific.

The Blue Bell, Shields Road, ditto horrific.

Gosforth Rugby club, so-so. ;)

Never felt comfortable at any time surrounded by middle-aged drooling CT look-a-likes or young lads trying to take the piss out of a bored, skint, pissed off, average looking housewife getting her fanny out 'for the lads'.

:lol:

FFS That was Ian Rush's very shirt, he was number 10 too. Mind when he signed back at Liverpool he said, "the thing I hated about living over there is that it was like living in a foreign country."

Nice. I like the round-neck Supermac era one anarl.

Nee good for the moobs on me at the minute though. Nice though I agree the 74 one.

I never did get my Dukla Prague away kit.

They're actually selling them now, in their little office in Team Valley. Fuckin murder to find the place though.

Nee good for the moobs on me at the minute though. Nice though I agree the 74 one.

Had the short sleeved bukta one with the number nine stitched on the back. Was superb. :good:

0014098_newcastle-united-1974-75-bukta-r

P.S. Rush wasn't playing for them when I originally got the shirt and there was no numbers on the shirts they sold then. ;)

Big thanks to @@Alex for sending me these match worn shirts along. :up:

I'm working on getting them framed :D

346s3ms.jpg

315o41g.jpg

Buzzing to have Pedro sign my top

Class talk in too :D