New Strips?

Christmas Tree

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You’d be surprised who’s queuing up to give NUFC a kicking :lol:

He'd fucking love them if they weren't brown :lol:

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Craig said:

'Match' version. That crest looks like an iron-on, and shit!

It’s been that way for a very long time tbh! Players haven’t played with embroidered badges for ages, it’s uncomfortable. 

More often than not matchworn shirts will have iron on logos.

17F29C3F-0F85-4702-AFB6-9676EA440BCB.jpeg

• Like 1

I’d be careful what you say about the Freemasons on here.  

Unless you want wearside to experience an unprecedented economic boom…

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Given how tight the shirts are worn, an embroidered badge would probably give their upper tit some mild chafing, wouldn’t it? 

The supporter and match worn shirts are different. Personally I enjoy a good nipple chafe so I'll be disappointed if it's a Puma style iron on.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Oh wise Nige, what did we sell in order to get the banana chair strip, a visa to a foreigner?

22 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’d be careful what you say about the Freemasons on here.  

Unless you want wearside to experience an unprecedented economic boom…

If a man can’t meet friends, have dinner, wear an apron, roll up one trouser leg and expose one moob to the sword point held by a fellow diner, whilst plotting to keep an area of mutants medieval, then I don’t know what is right anymore. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, OTF said:

The supporter and match worn shirts are different. Personally I enjoy a good nipple chafe so I'll be disappointed if it's a Puma style iron on.

That’s the point I was making, in reply to Craig saying it was the Match shirt. 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

That odious cunt can go fuck himself. Shame the plane crash didn't kill him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom said:

It’s been that way for a very long time tbh! Players haven’t played with embroidered badges for ages, it’s uncomfortable. 

More often than not matchworn shirts will have iron on logos.

17F29C3F-0F85-4702-AFB6-9676EA440BCB.jpeg

Gary Speed with his cuffs scissored off :lol:

Edited by Craig
  • Haha 2

I don't think it is a good idea and certainly not to leak it now. 

If they'd released it over the summer when big signings are being made by elite clubs, or whatever they could have snuck it in under the RADAR. As it is, this will be a story, Howe will be asked about it (as if he's got a say) and it will impact the view of Newcastle's performance this season since the takeover. 

If they'd waited it would have been "Howe's done a great job, the new signings have been largely a success and that Bruno is mint!", now it'll be "The Saudi blood money paid for Newcastle's survival and they'll be celebrating that by spending more blood money and playing in the Saudi national strip next season."

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

Might buy it with McCreery and number 4 on the back and insist with a straight face my Irish tribute shirt story to any mackem I encounter. :good:

"It's a fucking Saudi shirt, Marra, Irish my fucking arse!!! Thu having you on, marra, yewse jawdees are fick as fuck! It's fucking sports washing! "

"No my good fellow, catch yourself on, I'm afraid it's you who is mistaken, it's quite clearly a tribute to yer men, the Irish Newcastle United players of the past and the Tyneside Irish diaspora in general." :cuppa:

One of the few successful diasporas in the uk where they were welcomed and settled with little opposition. 

• Like 1

Mr Bore steamrolling in again. While I’m sure there are some “defending” it from what I’ve seen most are just saying they’re indifferent to it or “what did you all expect” type responses. No shock that this poisonous prick is chomping at the bit to make a sly implication about our fan base before he backs away saying it’s not what he meant.

His posts have been acting like this kit is some veiled move by SA that people are missing :lol: it’s blatantly fucking obvious, it’s just the fact of the matter is it’s not really worth getting wound up about is it?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I don't think it is a good idea and certainly not to leak it now. 

If they'd released it over the summer when big signings are being made by elite clubs, or whatever they could have snuck it in under the RADAR. As it is, this will be a story, Howe will be asked about it (as if he's got a say) and it will impact the view of Newcastle's performance this season since the takeover. 

If they'd waited it would have been "Howe's done a great job, the new signings have been largely a success and that Bruno is mint!", now it'll be "The Saudi blood money paid for Newcastle's survival and they'll be celebrating that by spending more blood money and playing in the Saudi national strip next season."

This is where I think the journalists that scream sportswashing at everything the club have done are playing into SA hands.

Their outrage is so predictable now that SA has preempted it. I saw someone on Twitter questioning why they’d do this now since we are poor so won’t get full advantage since people abroad would only care when we are a top side, but they’re getting this outrage out the way now. They’ll make this type of kit a staple and by the time we are a top side no one will give a shit. 

• Like 1

Perhaps, I still think that if they'd kept their powder dry a while longer, they could have buried this news and dodged the kind of scrutiny they're getting now. It's the 3rd kit, announce Nunez and this shit gets lumped in with that story about Saudis buying success, or ignored entirely. 

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Perhaps, I still think that if they'd kept their powder dry a while longer, they could have buried this news and dodged the kind of scrutiny they're getting now. It's the 3rd kit, announce Nunez and this shit gets lumped in with that story about Saudis buying success, or ignored entirely. 

Who announced what exactly?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Howay said:

Mr Bore steamrolling in again. While I’m sure there are some “defending” it from what I’ve seen most are just saying they’re indifferent to it or “what did you all expect” type responses. No shock that this poisonous prick is chomping at the bit to make a sly implication about our fan base before he backs away saying it’s not what he meant.

His posts have been acting like this kit is some veiled move by SA that people are missing :lol: it’s blatantly fucking obvious, it’s just the fact of the matter is it’s not really worth getting wound up about is it?

Indeed, and furthermore it's not going to sell shirts to supporters outside of SA who will suddenly start supporting the SA football team or country. If it's true then it's a move to sell more shirts in SA which frankly has nothing to do with sportswashing and everything to do with generating as much profit and interest as possible.

It is amusing how wound up over this everyone is, like our third strip is on the national heritage register.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Could go either way I guess. I don’t think they’d have ever let it go mind, which is why I think it’s more a long term plan to make the changes and take the outrage now rather than 3-5 years time. 

The other side to this, if we want to launch into the whole sportswashing debate, is the journalists fuming over EVERYTHING like this also aids SA’s sportswashing agenda (or whatever the journalists will call it). If they’re going to attack every single thing the club does while the club go about their business in a professional manner that leans into/creates connections with the fans, it quickly creates this us v them mentality which we are already starting to see. I’m not saying avoid talking about it but they have to be reasonable, fair and targeted with their discussion - going after every single thing the club does and then also screaming “you show sportswashing works” at every single Newcastle fan that says they’re not bothered by this, or that it makes sense that this happened, isn’t helping “defend” sportswashing, as I say it’s just pushing people more into it. 

• Like 2

If we become successful 99% of journalists will tow the line because they want their hospitality & access. Just like Delaney in Qatar & Holt in Saudi Arabia. One rule for the rich journalist, another for the pleb on the street. 

Even the mackems who scream sportswashing every time a magpie farts seem oblivious  to Manchester City being owned by MURDEROUS BLOOD STAINED HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSERS & I never heard them say anything about Chelsea until the oligarch was kicked out. 

I’m not sure sportswashing works or does it? I really like that away kit and western values. What do I do Mam? :( 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Howay said:

Could go either way I guess. I don’t think they’d have ever let it go mind, which is why I think it’s more a long term plan to make the changes and take the outrage now rather than 3-5 years time. 

The other side to this, if we want to launch into the whole sportswashing debate, is the journalists fuming over EVERYTHING like this also aids SA’s sportswashing agenda (or whatever the journalists will call it). If they’re going to attack every single thing the club does while the club go about their business in a professional manner that leans into/creates connections with the fans, it quickly creates this us v them mentality which we are already starting to see. I’m not saying avoid talking about it but they have to be reasonable, fair and targeted with their discussion - going after every single thing the club does and then also screaming “you show sportswashing works” at every single Newcastle fan that says they’re not bothered by this, or that it makes sense that this happened, isn’t helping “defend” sportswashing, as I say it’s just pushing people more into it. 

I'm with you on this. I'd go so far as to say it's a bit of a 'fuck you' from those running the club towards those who opposed the takeover, or have been critical of it since. 

It's a subtle "we'll do what we want" whilst remaining within the parameters of what is acceptable. 

The other point to consider of course is, had the takeover not happened and this shirt appeared, no-one would say a thing. The MSM are looking for any tenuous links that they think they can bring the club down on. 

• Like 2