Peterloo massacre 1819

siege of DroghedaBachelors walk massacre 1914

North King Street massacre 1916

Croke Park massacre 1920

Bloody Sunday 1972

Miami showband 1975

2nd Iraq war

Invasion of Afghanistan.

anyone who waves a union jack is actively complicit in these and other atrocities. These are just a small portion of the ones committed on British soil.

Agreed Kev. I’d especially avoid doing something as utterly fuckin ridiculous such as joining the British Army to make sure being associated with any of these is completely avoided :cuppa:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

As much as I want to join the rejection of media sentiment on this, my stomach turned when I saw that strip. Yes we've been bought to sportswash, yes the journos and fans piling in on this don't actually give a fuck about the people they're claiming we all endorse the killing of, but I do. And while I can handle SA owning the club and basking in some reflected glory as an inevitability of the regime, I do not like that strip and what it says about the club.

It's apparently the 3rd strip? :lol: how many colours have our away shirts, (there's usually two of them!) had these last few years? It's not as if we've been stuck with a standard away colour is it? There's only so many changes they can make, honestly, it's a mountain out of a molehill and says more about the people dying to stick the knife in NUFC, and just as much, you and me as they are the owners. I absolutely abhor half the cunts trying to be clever and having a dig at the fanbase, they know sweet fuck all about anyone on this board for a start and we're all NUFC fans, (Well most are :lol:) and we're just a tiny, microscopic percentage of the fanbase which includes everyone from wraith to CT and everything in between. Sick of saying it but there's a mixture of regional prejudice/not their team/clicks very much thanks about most of it. 100% Fuck'em. I hope their balls fester and their arses seize up. :good:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's apparently the 3rd strip? :lol: how many colours have our away shirts, (there's usually two of them!) had these last few years? It's not as if we've been stuck with a standard away colour is it? There's only so many changes they can make, honestly, it's a mountain out of a molehill and says more about the people dying to stick the knife in NUFC, and just as much, you and me as they are the owners. I absolutely abhor half the cunts trying to be clever and having a dig at the fanbase, they know sweet fuck all about anyone on this board for a start and we're all NUFC fans, (Well most are :lol:) and we're just a tiny, microscopic percentage of the fanbase which includes everyone from wraith to CT and everything in between. Sick of saying it but there's a mixture of regional prejudice/not their team/clicks very much thanks about most of it. 100% Fuck'em. I hope their balls fester and their arses seize up. :good:

I agree with every word of that, genuinely. I feel the regional prejudice too and I am fiercely proud of Newcastle and of being from here - moreso than I am of being British by far - and I argue and twist on with plenty of these people on various platforms, calling them out for the hypocrites they are. All I'm saying though is that Newcastle should not be, for me at least, an institution you can paint your colours over as plainly and overtly as this. We are not City, or PSG, or Man Utd. I find it offensive.

I'm not making a grand statement, I'm not rejecting the owners, and I couldn't give a fuck about the empty opinions of the media and wider fanbases. It's just how I feel about this one thing. I fully appreciate it's what we signed up for and the modern reality - but my heart dropped when I saw it. That's all it is.

• Like 3

All the points aside, it is a pretty canny shirt mind. I know Rayvin, and I’m sure many others, aren’t keen due to the reasoning behind it but as much as Castore have received flak over quality at least the shirt designs look pretty good - especially compared to the fucking annual nightmares produced by Puma. On the bright side we also never had that horrible kit where it just said the club name in large font across it and instead of having a badge the whole shirt was covered in the club crest in a slightly different shade of the shirt colour. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

I agree with every word of that, genuinely. I feel the regional prejudice too and I am fiercely proud of Newcastle and of being from here - moreso than I am of being British by far - and I argue and twist on with plenty of these people on various platforms, calling them out for the hypocrites they are. All I'm saying though is that Newcastle should not be, for me at least, an institution you can paint your colours over as plainly and overtly as this. We are not City, or PSG, or Man Utd. I find it offensive.

I'm not making a grand statement, I'm not rejecting the owners, and I couldn't give a fuck about the empty opinions of the media and wider fanbases. It's just how I feel about this one thing. I fully appreciate it's what we signed up for and the modern reality - but my heart dropped when I saw it. That's all it is.

I felt precisely the same. Not sure where the line is or what it will be for me (am pretty sure at some point bone saw dude or one of his goons will do something indefensible and that will be it for me) a strip modelled on the Saudi flag isn’t it though… It is a fuckin shit idea , fuck knows if anyone in a decision making role at the club raised any doubts about it. It looks canny as fuck though, so I think we should have a crowdfunder to buy an official TT NUFC/Saudi shirt, and as @Howmanheyman suggests get “McCreery 4” printed on the back of it :D

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Aye fucking stupid 16 year olds.

Was round a mates last night & he said his 15 year old fancied joining up…..he was promptly told by his old man to forget all about doing the bidding of politicians who would never pick a rifle up in anger for their country or send their own kids to do so either…

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Has it even been confirmed that this shirt is genuine?

Nope :lol:. The real power move now would be to release a completely different shirt in a week or so without any mention or reference of this one. 

• Haha 8

If that shirt was plain, i.e. no sponsor, plus the club crest was in it's proper colours then I'd probably buy it and I haven't bought a 'new' NUFC shirt since around 2003? :lol: 

But it's Saudi-ish? Like I said, to me it's Ireland/Northern Ireland away and looks smart. It all depends on what you're looking for in it? I couldn't tell you if Saudi Arabia played in a green shirt or a white shirt because ultimately I couldn't give a fuck about that country as I've no links to it whatsoever*. :lol:

"Unlike some journalists getting a hard on about another easy dig at a 'regional backwater' where they can probably incorrectly link it in to brexit and other such 'red wall' shit.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Howay said:

Nope :lol:. The real power move now would be to release a completely different shirt in a week or so without any mention or reference of this one. 

At face value I'd agree with you, but you just know the cunts in the MSM will claim their outrage has made the club change their mind - they'd take it as a moral victory.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Fish said:

For me it's inexorably linking Newcastle United with KSA. Whenever Newcastle take to the field in that strip, they might as well be taking to the field in the Saudi national strip. When that's normalised, the sportswashing is working. 

Exactly like that season we had the Brazil national strip and look, years later how we now have Brazilian players all over the team. Everyone got so confused whenever we took to the field that the intrinsic link was burnt into their brains.

After wearing our third kit in two or three games in the upcoming season it will only be a matter of time before we have Al-Sharani and Al-Dawsari in the team and folks arriving at Newcastle International wondering where the Deerah Souq is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Was round a mates last night & he said his 15 year old fancied joining up…..he was promptly told by his old man to forget all about doing the bidding of politicians who would never pick a rifle up in anger for their country or send their own kids to do so either…

I would say the exact same thing 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Given how tight the shirts are worn, an embroidered badge would probably give their upper tit some mild chafing, wouldn’t it? 

Yeah but they tend to be embroidered onto a badge and then stitched onto the shirt these days, rather than stitched directly onto the shirt material. It's a shame. Cost cutting shit like this was Ashley's MO

14 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Agree with everything you say pretty much. Although I am intrigued about this fan base scale which places Wraith and CT at opposite ends. I feel like the metrics involved could form the basis of a dissertation, if not a book 

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, OTF said:

Exactly like that season we had the Brazil national strip and look, years later how we now have Brazilian players all over the team. Everyone got so confused whenever we took to the field that the intrinsic link was burnt into their brains.

After wearing our third kit in two or three games in the upcoming season it will only be a matter of time before we have Al-Sharani and Al-Dawsari in the team and folks arriving at Newcastle International wondering where the Deerah Souq is.

It's strange but I've seen some of our players this last few years and thought Waddha Fuq? 

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Agree with everything you say pretty much. Although I am intrigued about this fan base scale which places Wraith and CT at opposite ends. I feel like the metrics involved could form the basis of a dissertation, if not a book 

First two names that came into my head! :lol:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's strange but I've seen some of our players this last few years and thought Waddha Fuq? 

First two names that came into my head! :lol:

I'm not comparing the two, obviously. One's a fucking egotistical maniac who has to be involved in everything and whose very appearance draws ridicule, the other's Wraith. ;)

• Haha 7

How often have we worn this seasons 3rd kit out of interest? 

I just see it as a nod to our new owners and an attempt to drum up some new fans and shirt sales in the Middle East. We will probably wear it 3 times and never see it again. Sports hacks just look for any old shit to fill the back pages. It will be forgotten about in a week 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

How often have we worn this seasons 3rd kit out of interest? 

I just see it as a nod to our new owners and an attempt to drum up some new fans and shirt sales in the Middle East. We will probably wear it 3 times and never see it again. Sports hacks just look for any old shit to fill the back pages. It will be forgotten about in a week 

possibly not with the likes of holt, delaney and glendenning.

it'll rot, fester and continue to eat away at the very fibre of their soul. hope it brings on palpitations.