New Strips?

Christmas Tree

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Why is the crest a different colour to the other appointments on the shirt?

In this picture it looks orange while the rest are gold, in the other picture its all washed out from the light and the rest still looks the same gold as in this photo.

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I bet you lads walk around in track bs and a scruffy t shirt all the time, but show you a Newcastle shirt and you turn into Prince planning his tour outfits. 

I don't know what track bs are.

needless to say you are comfortably wide of the mark for me on that one.

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I bet you lads walk around in track bs and a scruffy t shirt all the time, but show you a Newcastle shirt and you turn into Prince planning his tour outfits. 

But who is who?

Fashion Flashback: A Brief History of Prince's Briefs (and Other Articles  of Clothing)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Because the PL have decided that we can't wear stripes (obviously) and that with Brighton's colours being blue and white, both the other kits clash too. 

All joking aside, some consideration to who is in the same division as is shouldn't go amiss when selecting our change kits. This is the warm up shirt by all accounts? 

Reminds me of the hastily arranged blue kit we work at Luton in 1987.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Probably a good job we don't get to wear the Saudi kit, the confected outrage would have been deafening

Save it for the Man City game? :lol:

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Craig said:

Save it for the Man City game? :lol:

Sorry, I should of course have referred to it as the 'Oil Clasico'

Saw this on IG . Forget El Clasico, we got Oil Clasico. : r/theOfficialFNG

Thanks to Castore being a bunch of useless doyles the women have been playing their pre season games in their training gear as there's been no kits provided yet. 

I thought we couldn't do worse than puma, alas we have. :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Sorry, I should of course have referred to it as the 'Oil Clasico'

Saw this on IG . Forget El Clasico, we got Oil Clasico. : r/theOfficialFNG

Going to be the title decider in 5 years so they can call it that with all the lubrication that will be required :spinwank:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Thanks to Castore being a bunch of useless doyles the women have been playing their pre season games in their training gear as there's been no kits provided yet. 

I thought we couldn't do worse than puma, alas we have. :lol: 

I think that’s more to do with global supply chain issues. Getting hold of any kit manufactured in the Far East is proving challenging. Nike are particularly shit.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed that NUFC retro shirts have disappeared recently? I know Toffs had licensing issues but a lot of other mainstream places including the club shop don't seem to have them. 

It may be the club trying to maximise revenue & releasing official retro shirts rather than selling score draw replicas.

Not until you mentioned it. I notice both Villa & Wolves still have offerings on Score Draw so I doubt it's a Castore decision. That said, they do like to do their own individual take on a retro shirt. See our effort from last season with the striped collar and the one they did for Rangers a couple of years ago.

58 minutes ago, Tom said:

Has anyone noticed that NUFC retro shirts have disappeared recently? I know Toffs had licensing issues but a lot of other mainstream places including the club shop don't seem to have them. 

It may be the club trying to maximise revenue & releasing official retro shirts rather than selling score draw replicas.

I did say a while back that score draw had stopped putting us on their website, 3retro still sell the NUFC score draw shirts but I don't think they have much stock. Toffs have obviously lost the license too. I was hoping to add to my collection as well and only just got a couple from toffs before they finished. I honestly think the club are missing a trick as there's a few shirts that haven't been done or could do with being released again that would go down well in my opinion, especially with the current feel good factor, you only have to look around you at the game or search on eBay to see our retro stuff seems to be in demand. 

I'm guessing the retro shirts are suffering delays just like the current shirts. But given that there is a much shorter window to sell the current shirts then they probably take priority.

Yeh I was with my mate @JonTheMagwho hasn't posted on here in an awful long time and he was looking  to get a retro shirt. They had nothing in the club shop at all & the only ones in back page were genuine retro and cost about £200. 

He ended up with a home shirt, which is proper smart in fairness.

Just seemed strange the only NUFC shirt you could buy was Castore but if I ordered one online they wouldn't deliver it for 7 weeks or something. 

I really hope the club make some effort on the retro front, the idea of having FUN 88 & Noon in the same shirt doesn't suit me and I'd rather have a shirt without a sponsor on at all!

23 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yeh I was with my mate @JonTheMagwho hasn't posted on here in an awful long time and he was looking  to get a retro shirt. They had nothing in the club shop at all & the only ones in back page were genuine retro and cost about £200. 

He ended up with a home shirt, which is proper smart in fairness.

Just seemed strange the only NUFC shirt you could buy was Castore but if I ordered one online they wouldn't deliver it for 7 weeks or something. 

I really hope the club make some effort on the retro front, the idea of having FUN 88 & Noon in the same shirt doesn't suit me and I'd rather have a shirt without a sponsor on at all!

I agree although I did get the current one minus the fun88.