New Strips?

Christmas Tree

24 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yeh I was with my mate @JonTheMagwho hasn't posted on here in an awful long time and he was looking  to get a retro shirt. They had nothing in the club shop at all & the only ones in back page were genuine retro and cost about £200. 

He ended up with a home shirt, which is proper smart in fairness.

Just seemed strange the only NUFC shirt you could buy was Castore but if I ordered one online they wouldn't deliver it for 7 weeks or something. 

I really hope the club make some effort on the retro front, the idea of having FUN 88 & Noon in the same shirt doesn't suit me and I'd rather have a shirt without a sponsor on at all!

I think the current home shirt is the nearest any supplier has come to replicating this tremendous Adidas Originals effort which was around 12 years or so ago

I totally agree with you about FUN88 / Noon. When I was a kid I used to be gutted that the replica Umbro kit wasn't sold with the sponsors logo - either Newcastle Breweries or Greenalls. These days it's the other way - I'd prefer the shirt without them.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tom said:

Has anyone noticed that NUFC retro shirts have disappeared recently? I know Toffs had licensing issues but a lot of other mainstream places including the club shop don't seem to have them. 

It may be the club trying to maximise revenue & releasing official retro shirts rather than selling score draw replicas.

https://www.3retro.com/clubs/premier-league/newcastle-united/

These maybe?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I got one of the NUFC training zip ups for my birthday. £70 I think. It's genuinely the same quality as the £9.99 tracky top I used to wear for my Sunday League team. Full of clicks already. 

The sooner we bin off Castore the better 

For the shirts themselves I find the Castore to be better than the Puma ones, though granted I only have the limited classic Castore adult shirt and my kids have a couple. Don't have any other Castore stuff.

From getting stuff for the kids I think the Castore stuff is probably an improvement but that’s not saying a lot because the Puma gear was terrible quality. I think (fanks, Mike) it was the dearest kit in the league too. Wasn’t it something like £65 for an adult shirt? 

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Germany 2022 World Cup Home Kit Released - Footy Headlines

If that stripe had been a tad fatter, or slimmer, that would have looked rather canny.

Bollocks. As with all national strips, it should be simple. For Germany it should always be plain white with nothing else but the emblem of the DFB. Away shirts should be green.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Bollocks. As with all national strips, it should be simple. For Germany it should always be plain white with nothing else but the emblem of the DFB. Away shirts should be green.

Well no, I didn’t mean it was canny as a Germany shirt, just meant it was reasonable as a shirt.

It beats the original I think.

1771664502_00000001D.jpg.12b0fa574d881ba38cf7162db42351a8.jpg

Anyway I thought you lads had a penchant for black on yer shirts :wink:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Totally agree although I thought both the home and away Germany shirts at Italia 90 were absolutely class. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Craig said:

Totally agree although I thought both the home and away Germany shirts at Italia 90 were absolutely class. 

They were but their shirts in '86 were also superb and as classics go seem to fly under the radar. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dougle said:

Well no, I didn’t mean it was canny as a Germany shirt, just meant it was reasonable as a shirt.

It beats the original I think.

1771664502_00000001D.jpg.12b0fa574d881ba38cf7162db42351a8.jpg

Anyway I thought you lads had a penchant for black on yer shirts :wink:

Yes, to cover the blood stains. But that got thankfully cancelled.