New Strips?

Christmas Tree

45 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

They were but their shirts in '86 were also superb and as classics go seem to fly under the radar. 

To be fair all the shirts at Mexico '86 were utter classics. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Craig said:

It's crazy to think that Italy used exactly the same kit at Italia '90 as they did for Mexico '86. Brazil's was almost identical as well.

Up to a point (early 2000s iirc) Italy weren’t allowed to have the kit manufacturer on the kit. So the version you bought in the shops had Diadora / Nike / Kappa / whatever on but the ones the players wore didn’t. I think there might’ve been a pattern on the material (the Italian fa badge maybe) on the 1990 kits. Irrespective the 86 and 90 kits were almost identical. Same goes for 82 too I think 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Up to a point (early 2000s iirc) Italy weren’t allowed to have the kit manufacturer on the kit. So the version you bought in the shops had Diadora / Nike / Kappa / whatever on but the ones the players wore didn’t. I think there might’ve been a pattern on the material (the Italian fa badge maybe) on the 1990 kits. Irrespective the 86 and 90 kits were almost identical. Same goes for 82 too I think 

86 v 90

733 Italy World Cup 1986 Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Don't wake me up, let me enjoy the dream': The eternal sadness of Toto  Schillaci

• Like 1

In that 86 pic that’s Scirea in the back row next to Bergami. Scirea was so good he kept a young Baresi out of the team (Baresi actually made the 82 squad too so he’d been on the international scene a while). In fact he was so good that, unlike most Italian defenders of his era he didn’t even resort to the ‘dark arts’ and was generally a very fair player. By the time of the 1990 photo he was dead. Having died in a car crash in Poland the year before. He was retired then but in a scouting trip for Juve 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I can't believe Scotland didn't use the same shorts in 1990 as in 1986. They were delightful.

13 minutes ago, Craig said:

I'd forgotten about them :lol:

Charlie Nicholas Scotland v Uruguay World Cup Finals Mexico 1986 Images |  Football Posters

These were de rigeur for my very first “lads” holiday that summer… following the Radio 1 roadshow round Devon & Cornwall  :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Bollocks. As with all national strips, it should be simple. For Germany it should always be plain white with nothing else but the emblem of the DFB. Away shirts should be green.

were you not a fan of this classic?

793C8FE6-C163-4E2A-8A98-CC9D6658AF8E.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...