New Strips?

Christmas Tree

The Premier League is one of the biggest shop windows on the planet, it makes no sense to 'hold off' for a better deal. A better deal will come if you stay in the league, a better deal will come if your perform well on this global stage. Not having a shirt sponsor is like pitching up without your kit and having to borrow from the lost and found. It looks amateur. 

• Like 2

Either you do a proper retro shirt or you don't. The club once did a retro shirt based on the 74 shirt but put the current crest on it instead instantly dooming it as I can't recall seeing anyone ever wearing it. I think the club are massively missing a trick not expanding the retro range with either score draw or toffs. 

• Like 3

A lot will depend on who gets the shirt deal after castore get binned but if it was Adidas or Nike, who I believe own umbro, then there's no reason they couldn't release some absolute NUFC classics complete with logo. They'd absolutely sell. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Either you do a proper retro shirt or you don't. The club once did a retro shirt based on the 74 shirt but put the current crest on it instead instantly dooming it as I can't recall seeing anyone ever wearing it. I think the club are massively missing a trick not expanding the retro range with either score draw or toffs. 

I think Toffs have lost the licence (which I think you may have mentioned before) but the the two 70s ones they did (pre/post 74 I think) looked absolutely class 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

A lot will depend on who gets the shirt deal after castore get binned but if it was Adidas or Nike, who I believe own umbro, then there's no reason they couldn't release some absolute NUFC classics complete with logo. They'd absolutely sell. 

You see loads of the grandad collar ones (home/away) without the adidas badge as it is 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tom said:

Aye, my cousin got me then Saudi kit for my birthday and I love the top it's 10/10 but there was a wolves tag on it :lol: 

The tags were fine on my jacket, just not the jacket itself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Tom said:

I like it. Very Keegan/ASICS. 

I won't be buying it like :lol: 

The only sporting goods I buy now are golf related. Which I am shit at.

Over the years I've noticed a direct correlation between my confidence and ability in a chosen sport based off the level of associated equipment and gear purchased for said sport. That quickly metamorphises into an inverse detrimental impact once I take to the field/course/court/track through 'friends', teammates, opposition, members of the public and myself.

Before: "These news boots as soft and comfortable without being worn in, really looking forward to my first game in them"

Teammate/friend: "oooh new boots, do they make them for men?"

After: "I shanked that shot due to these new boots".

Members of the public: "a bit late in life for this guy to pick up a new sport"

Opposition: *magically drawn to studding new boots*

• Haha 3

Score draw selling NUFC stuff again, some older shirts back in stock. Need some new 'old' shirts available. The barcode is back again I just wish they'd do the blue star version. (Not the club blacked out greenall with a blue star on top of it version). :D

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Need to get a few of the later choices available, I say. Do a replica of the 96/97 (?) blue away top and I’ll buy that 

I've still got that one minus the blue star which fell off.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That’s nice. It’s even nicer though to have the original.

Still, at least the cheap knock offs lets the bandwagon jumpers feel that they’ve bought some level of authenticity.

I had the original in 1995. But I was 13 then and I'm 40 now so it's a bit snug 

• Haha 1