New Strips?

Christmas Tree

Puma kits actually aren't that bad quality-wise if you ask me. I bought the Dortmund home shirt a short while back.

my main gripe with past Newcastle / Puma strips hasn't been the quality of the material as such (haven't bought a kit in years but check them out every season in the shops), but its the badge quality. I don't mind the sponsor logo being a print / transfer type, in fact i imagine the players love it (the home kit the year we were relegated, the NR logo must have weighed a tonne and felt like a patch of cardboard), but the actual Newcastle badge, it is cheapened so much by being the same.

I see .com have a picture of our u21's in the yellow 3rd kit.

2013-08-12reading-res-a-action-2.jpg

Is this the new way we launch kits now? in an empty stadium with no media coverage? We've done this for all the strips this season, and there is still nothing on the main website about the members kit.

I don't regularly buy them, and won't be rushing to a shop anytime soon to wear some Wonga gear, but it seems so lack-luster. I can remember a few seasons back when we used to make a massive deal of this, revealing sections of the kit for what felt like an eternity before its launch.

I'd hoped that those shirts we wore on Saturday would be something to do with it being Bobby Robson day and we'd be selling them with all the profits going to the charity. I'd have probably bought one had that been the case. But I suppose that's far too much to expect from Ashley and co!