New Strips?

Christmas Tree

:lol:

Speaks volumes they don't announce details of the deal.

No-one on here, Twitter or NO has explained to me how the new kit deals have had so little effect on commercial income. You can see on that chart, the Wonga deal starts and our income increases £3m.

How can it go down in the year you start a new kit deal as a team in Europe?

I was joking about SD seeing the benefit rather than NUFC, but I'm struggling to come up with any other logical reason.

I'm sure someone like Toonpack or Phil on here explained that the 'Newcastle-Direct' the club have going on down in Nottingham alongside a Sports-Direct main warehouse is just a way of keeping the clubs costs down by sharing facilities with the sports company? Maybe the commercial revenue lost comes from elsewhere? Also, no idea of sales but as we're now an irrelevance of a club especially as the media are getting more and more comfortable just concentrating on the bigger brand clubs, I'd expect our revenue to drop as we're surely a more toxic brand especially in a recession where companies can be more choosey who they build partnerships with.

I'm sure someone like Toonpack or Phil on here explained that the 'Newcastle-Direct' the club have going on down in Nottingham alongside a Sports-Direct main warehouse is just a way of keeping the clubs costs down by sharing facilities with the sports company? Maybe the commercial revenue lost comes from elsewhere? Also, no idea of sales but as we're now an irrelevance of a club especially as the media are getting more and more comfortable just concentrating on the bigger brand clubs, I'd expect our revenue to drop as we're surely a more toxic brand especially in a recession where companies can be more choosey who they build partnerships with.

Whey the Wonga deal saw the commercial income bumped up so it would be a strange coincidence if after the drop in income we saw from relegation we then saw two subsequent unexplained drops that lined up perfectly with the 2 kit deals signed in that period.

Whey the Wonga deal saw the commercial income bumped up so it would be a strange coincidence if after the drop in income we saw from relegation we then saw two subsequent unexplained drops that lined up perfectly with the 2 kit deals signed in that period.

Well what is a good deal for NUFC and what a is a good deal for our owner might not quite be the same thing. Are there any strings attached to a deal between the club, any kit suppliers and a certain sports company? Would any linked company to NUFC get favourable terms in return for a lower sponsorship fee paid to the club? Who has brokered any kit deal? Have they undervalued the club and sold us short? Were they competent enough to negotiate such a deal? Did we take what was offered by Puma and were just grateful?

I'm pretty over the grey kit (looks like a training kit), but what's the deal with the blue and green abomination? It's in direct opposition to the principle rule of fashion. Blue and green should not be seen without a colour in between.

I think the blue/green one is class. The grey kit is dogshit, can't even tell which player is who when we're wearing it. Reminds me of SAF telling his players to change at halftime away to Sarfampton, it's that bad and boring.

I'm pretty over the grey kit (looks like a training kit), but what's the deal with the blue and green abomination? It's in direct opposition to the principle rule of fashion. Blue and green should not be seen without a colour in between.

Sacrilege!

newcastle-united-third-football-shirt-19

The 97-98 away shirt (green / orange stripe on navy blue) takes some beating for hideous Toon tops. Also, I've got a 'match issued' top worn by David Batty. It's the round neck one with the crest on the back and the centred badge. I've see other ones (grandad collar) for about 200 quid on Classic Football shirts. Might flog it as I think I've worn it about once. Got another away one Pedro wore from the 96-97 season (denim blue job). Wouldn't really want to sell that though.

The 97-98 away shirt (green / orange stripe on navy blue) takes some beating for hideous Toon tops. Also, I've got a 'match issued' top worn by David Batty. It's the round neck one with the crest on the back and the centred badge. I've see other ones (grandad collar) for about 200 quid on Classic Football shirts. Might flog it as I think I've worn it about once. Got another away one Pedro wore from the 96-97 season (denim blue job). Wouldn't really want to sell that though.

I've got David Kelly's match worn shirt from around 1992-93, I can't sell it and wouldn't want to but I did want to see how much it worth so I e-mailed classic sshirts and they offered me £100 for it. :lol: You could do worse than get in touch with 'The Back Page' as they sell some player shirts and a similar one to mine was going for about £800-£900 last time I looked and that was a subs shirt, mine was number nine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:lol: That's class. I wish more clubs would completely take the piss like us, just to see how many divvies still buy it. "AV GORRA HAVE A TOP, MAN"

:lol: Protest raging outside, "aaahl have one of them third kits there wor kid" "daa get a deeks of my new team poster, it's a mint pic of obertan and his shiny napper". People will as well.

When the job is done and Pardew is gone the folks behind sackpardew.com should use their impressive organisation and penetration to get Puma to make us a decent kit.