New Strips?

Christmas Tree

5 minutes ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

I still maintain to this day that the mackems copied our badge design btw. I first wrote a scathing letter about this in the Pink decades ago and John Gibson replied "Meow!" the senile fuck. 

If you're reading this Gibbo, you know fine well they did. 

I felt they tried to totally reinvent themselves around that time, changed their socks to black, changed their club crest which I agree was similar-ish to ours and went with the daft stadium name, (I actually think they could've made a better and easier understood tribute to the colliery and miners who worked on the site). Hard to call Gibbo when you you see what you've got now. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Can we all agree that this isn’t black and white stripes though? 

It’s a black strip on a white shirt front. 

There should be a minimum of three black and four white stripes. 

Sorted :good:

1ThxYa.jpg

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I felt they tried to totally reinvent themselves around that time, changed their socks to black, changed their club crest which I agree was similar-ish to ours and went with the daft stadium name, (I actually think they could've made a better and easier understood tribute to the colliery and miners who worked on the site). Hard to call Gibbo when you you see what you've got now. :lol:

:lol: Aye, I actually miss Gibson,  he was never afraid to upset a few people at the club if he thought it was warranted. 

^ That shirt that Supermac is wearing is lush btw. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

:lol: Aye, I actually miss Gibson,  he was never afraid to upset a few people at the club if he thought it was warranted. 

^ That shirt that Supermac is wearing is lush btw. 

Toffs do a nice replica of that top

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

There’s some canny “Black Friday” deals on the official store website if anyone is interested in that kind of thing.

Ive been looking at various tops all week but keep remembering people on here saying folks over 30 shouldn’t wear them :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Ive been looking at various tops all week but keep remembering people on here saying folks over 30 shouldn’t wear them :lol: 

Like a fleece or a sweatshirt or something, you can just about get away with. Buying a strip is an absolute no-no. 

And it should go without saying that a dress shirt with the club badge on it is unacceptable at any lifestage, including post mortem. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

You need one of these in your life mate...

https://www.sportsdirect.com/castore-newcastle-united-anthem-jacket-2021-2022-mens-374236

PS.... the Castore brand in my mind undoubtedly has Mike Ashley behind it. The fact that Newcastle and Rangers are their two flagship brands is just too much of a fuckin coincidence :cuppa:

Is the Newcastle stuff being sold anywhere apart from the club shop.and SD? 🤔

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Tbh I’ve been fancying a training shirt for the gym but there wasn’t one I was keen on. 

Id maybe wear a retro shirt tbh, but nothing sponsored. 

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Tbh I’ve been fancying a training shirt for the gym but there wasn’t one I was keen on. 

Id maybe wear a retro shirt tbh, but nothing sponsored. 

This is the one I had that got ruined but I’ve only seen them at silly money for 2nd hand.

A51C9CD9-EE2B-4278-88C7-F8C647CCA2F9.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Like a fleece or a sweatshirt or something, you can just about get away with. Buying a strip is an absolute no-no. 

And it should go without saying that a dress shirt with the club badge on it is unacceptable at any lifestage, including post mortem. 

You’ve made that point before. Just after Renton had turned up at the Trent in a club branded polo shirt iirc

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yeh good luck with an actual retro 90s shirt :lol:

The training drill tops have been going for £400!

I would’ve had loads of money’s worth of stuff but it all ended up In the bin in the end through wearing when playing 5/7 a side etc. and it getting wrecked in the end. Some of the adidas training gear was lush. I have however got just the top (fuck knows what happened to the bottoms) of a Juve, mid-90s Kappa CL warm up suit. Rather than being shell suit it’s jogging bottoms type material. Amazingly it’s still in good nick. Even more amazingly it still fits. I spotted one on classic football shirts .com (I think) a couple of years ago. £400 just for the top

19 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

This is the one I had that got ruined but I’ve only seen them at silly money for 2nd hand.

A51C9CD9-EE2B-4278-88C7-F8C647CCA2F9.jpeg

I've got one of those in the house, CT. (Covered in paint but I've got it, that's the main thing). :lol:

• Haha 4