New Strips?

Christmas Tree

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

I found a “cutting” from a yellow 1990 away kit in my grandas garage which he’d been using as an oil rag :lol: 

Before the days where I wasn't supplied workwear from graft I'd just use old shirts instead or if I was grafting in the house/garden etc. (What an idiot I was, to be honest). :lol:

9 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Before the days where I wasn't supplied workwear from graft I'd just use old shirts instead or if I was grafting in the house/garden etc. (What an idiot I was, to be honest). :lol:

When I was a kid my dad played against Newcastle reserves in a pre-season friendly. They gave the club a set of kits like this. The club used it as an away kit for a couple of seasons. My dad eventually ended up owning the one he wore. He played centre-half / no. 5. Same as you he wore it for painting, creosoting the fence, mowing the lawn etc. Probably worth a fortune in decent nick

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Alex said:

I would’ve had loads of money’s worth of stuff but it all ended up In the bin in the end through wearing when playing 5/7 a side etc. and it getting wrecked in the end. Some of the adidas training gear was lush. I have however got just the top (fuck knows what happened to the bottoms) of a Juve, mid-90s Kappa CL warm up suit. Rather than being shell suit it’s jogging bottoms type material. Amazingly it’s still in good nick. Even more amazingly it still fits. I spotted one on classic football shirts .com (I think) a couple of years ago. £400 just for the top

Same :lol: 

From about 13 y/o I was in men’s sizes but ended up sending all my old gear to my cousins in Ireland when I got new gear. 

Gutted. 

Although I saved them from supporting Man U which might be nice on the next few years 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

When I was a kid my dad played against Newcastle reserves in a pre-season friendly. They gave the club a set of kits like this. The club used it as an away kit for a couple of seasons. My dad eventually ended up owning the one he wore. He played centre-half / no. 5. Same as you he wore it for painting, creosoting the fence, mowing the lawn etc. Probably worth a fortune in decent nick

You don't realise at the time. :lol:

• Haha 1

Well, yeah. :lol: I gave Tom a couple of match worn shirts ages ago. A Pedro one (the denim blue adidas away one - which he still has, or so he claims ;) ). And a David Batty one (the adidas home kit that followed that with the round neck). He (again reckons he) donated the latter to an auction for the Newcastle food bank (Tom I am kidding btw :lol: ). Something similar on classicfootballshirts.co.uk would set you back £600. EACH

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Anyone ever had any dealing with this company for retro shirts?

https://www.3retro.com/clubs/premier-league/newcastle-united/210_newcastle-united-1996-retro-football-shirt.html

EB9FCA28-F8E0-4026-B5D5-22BBFB632552.jpeg

Aye, they're legit, basically selling score draw shirts for them. (Sometimes slightly cheaper). 👍

On the topic of score draw.....our shirts are no longer listed on their website, so the likes of 3retro must be selling off stock already produced? I presume the licence has ran out and fatty/Penfold weren't taking calls before fucking off? 

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

On the topic of score draw.....our shirts are no longer listed on their website, so the likes of 3retro must be selling off stock already produced? I presume the licence has ran out and fatty/Penfold weren't taking calls before fucking off? 

It was just something I looked at back in November. It was out of stock and they’ve just sent me an email saying it’s back in.

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

They’re on NUFC.co.uk & Toffs I think

On 20/11/2021 at 10:30, Kid Dynamite said:

I see Castore have released a new limited edition strip. I quite like it! Stitched badges too

F45D1412-C464-4084-B9AF-261BC1EB0FDF.jpeg

Went and bought this for a relatives Christmas gift the yesterday and it’s belter tbh. Looks awesome with the red number on the back and no sponsors, very smart. 

Better quality than anything Puma came up with and the last few Adidas efforts.

First time I’ve bought from the club shop in ages.