Paolo Di Canio Hounded out by the mackems

Tooj

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2013/march/club-statement

The club has parted company with manager Martin O'Neill.

Sunderland AFC has announced that it has parted company with manager Martin O’Neill this evening.

The club would like to place on record its thanks to Martin and wishes him well for the future.

An announcement will be made in the coming days regarding a successor.

:(

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They must be due a good'un.

Just like us, there's no-one out there who is all that exciting. The bookies have the likes of Di Matteo, Di Canio, Mark Hughes etc down as favourites. One of their fanzine editors was on SSN saying Peter Reid should get it till the summer.

Didn't expect this yet, to be fair it's a bit harsh what with them playing Man Utd today and only losing to a Bramble own goal. I hope it's just enough to tip them in to oblivion and out of the league, though I quite enjoy our derbies.

The timing is a pisser as they were heding down until this. Even someone as shit as Hughes will probably get enough of a reaction to keep them up.

It's funny that after the "mag twat" that getting someone who supposedly "supported" them seemed ideal especially given his so called pedigree. I've always said I admired O'Neill for how he coped with his wife's illness but apart from that I've always thought he was a limited manager and a football murderer. I think times have moved on and the funniest part was how similar his reign was to his time at Villa which their fans warned the mackems about but were roundly ignored.