Paolo Di Canio Hounded out by the mackems

Tooj

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed & I suppose when Di Marzio says 'English' he probably means 'British'.

They've got a couple of decent players & ambitious kids - there's stuff to work with but the management from the top has been suicidal. Paulo was always going to look like a league two manager and his methods were never going to work - anyone with an ounce of sense could see that.

Disappointed. Thought he'd offer it's much more mackem-based entertainment this season before their probable relegation.

Who the fuck will they get now though. They've already employed and sacked half the usual suspects. Di Mattio, just why would he go? So that leaves Pulis, a scruff that will fill the void nicely, and give the mackems the football they truly deserve. :D

Louise Taylor, the thinking mackem's crumpet:

Di Canio can count himself unlucky after being asked to incorporate 14 summer signings made by Roberto De Fanti, the club's director of football. Of those recruits 13 were foreign and only five had previous Premier League experience.

Their failure to communicate properly forfeited a series of goals – and points – at set pieces, with the former Swindon manager's willingness to highlight players' errors in public drawing widespread criticism.

Di Canio was adamant that, given time, his bold attacking game plans – 4-2-4 was the favoured formation – would pay dividends and his strict new disciplinary regime would transform Sunderland's fortunes.

Short disagreed but how the Italian must rue his board's failure to bow to repeated requests to sign Tom Huddlestone from Tottenham last month. Instead the powerful midfielder is shining at Hull.

Di Canio's successor faces a considerable challenge as he endeavours to repair shattered morale and steer Sunderland clear of relegation waters.

Louise Taylor, the thinking mackem's crumpet:

Di Canio can count himself unlucky after being asked to incorporate 14 summer signings made by Roberto De Fanti, the club's director of football. Of those recruits 13 were foreign and only five had previous Premier League experience.

Their failure to communicate properly forfeited a series of goals – and points – at set pieces, with the former Swindon manager's willingness to highlight players' errors in public drawing widespread criticism.

Di Canio was adamant that, given time, his bold attacking game plans – 4-2-4 was the favoured formation – would pay dividends and his strict new disciplinary regime would transform Sunderland's fortunes.

Short disagreed but how the Italian must rue his board's failure to bow to repeated requests to sign Tom Huddlestone from Tottenham last month. Instead the powerful midfielder is shining at Hull.

Di Canio's successor faces a considerable challenge as he endeavours to repair shattered morale and steer Sunderland clear of relegation waters.

So Di Canio didn't want a complete overhaul and had no say in who was brought into the club? That seems to fit well with what we know about him. :rolleyes:

So they would have won the league if Huddlestone had signed

Yes, that is precisely what she said. I mean that's the logical progression of her argument isn't it.

So Di Canio didn't want a complete overhaul and had no say in who was brought into the club? That seems to fit well with what we know about him. :rolleyes:

Weelll....a lot of "managers" are in reality just the coach of a bunch of players recruited by someone else nowadays. See Alan Pardew at NUFC ;)

It rings half true to me, look at Commoli at Spurs...his big mistake was appointing a coach who couldnt speak English,but the players he bought in were all at least decent, and in some cases brilliant. All it takes is the right coach...

Best player on the park for an hour on Satuarday iyam.

Perhaps (I thought Robbie Brady was causing us all kinds of problems), my point was that L.Taylor was saying that sunderland lack that kind of player, not, as essembee asserts, that signing him would lead to a title push.

Perhaps (I thought Robbie Brady was causing us all kinds of problems), my point was that L.Taylor was saying that sunderland lack that kind of player, not, as essembee asserts, that signing him would lead to a title push.

Yes, he was rather stretching the point. Not like him :lol: