Paolo Di Canio Hounded out by the mackems

Tooj

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to Di Canio, someone needs to do this sort of thing to at least spark the debate. It's to be expected from him so he may as well kick things off, even if he doesn't get the players 100% in line, at least they will stop an think a bit more. I'd ban the cunts from drinking during the season.

I don't think anyone would disagree but its a question of what you put up with in order to be "successful". One of LM's classic views was that Shepherd's foibles didn't bother him in the slightest in the pursuit of a winning team and I'm sure he extended that to Bellamy's behaviour.

I suppose its the usual hypocrisy of only caring about the behaviour of shit players. As someone else said would he have dropped Mignolet?

Good luck to Di Canio, someone needs to do this sort of thing to at least spark the debate. It's to be expected from him so he may as well kick things off, even if he doesn't get the players 100% in line, at least they will stop an think a bit more. I'd ban the cunts from drinking during the season.

I agree but it's a bit of a tricky one I think . Great that he's blowing the lid on a culture of arrogance and sloping off from training etc. but is it TOO engrained at the top level to really change ? Often read how from an early age they're courted and surrounded by ubiquitous 'yes men' agents and hangers-on and don't really have to answer to anyone, literally all their wishes are granted (tales of a young Rooney springs to mind and look at how many toys are left in his pram)

The whole pampering and protection these aloof goons are afforded comes with the territory and as we've seen here and on our own doorstep recently (Cabaye n co bubbling at criticism after Sunln game) once their cushy wheel gets wobbled there's all hell on .

Edited by LoveTheBobby

A few Mackems I know at work are over the moon with the way that he's approaching things. :bag_on_head:

I'd read he's putting them through a 3 day medical/assesment as of end of season and fining folk returning to pre season with a Dubai gut !

I think it's great that he's doing it, and I wish there were more trying to. But it's gonna be very difficult to do at an unsuccessful, unfashionable club, cos by definition these clubs (us included) don't attract the sort of players that display these behaviours.

These lads have already settled for a career without honours. They don't need some bloke trying to make it harder for them to be a very well paid also-ran.

It possibly is far too ingrained, especially as you say if that's all they've known since being kids. I'm just glad that the possibly doomed-from-the-outset experiment is going on down the road :lol:

Too right .

As this unfurls I see us as UN observers and Sunln as a crazed screening of Takeshi's Castle (overdubbed in 'whats-a-th-matter-you-gotta-no-respect Italian/English.)

2 players have seeken advice from the PFA.

Other players fined for lateness and sloping off from training , and laziness seemed to have just got on with life

The press seem to publish a lot of non truths and exagerations to fill column inches and sales

The way football is these days its best to get your house in order and make some strict rules from the outset

Turn up on time

Dont arrive for training pissed

Sign a few shirts/balls for charity

Tell the club doctor if you have food poisoning

Dont get fat

Give 100% in training and matches

Surely cant be that hard

Is longball a word ? or is it long ball ?

It's long ball.

Anything you're having problems with, let me know.