Paolo Di Canio Hounded out by the mackems

Tooj

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back to Lauren Laverne, she's alright in my book as I'm sure I read an interview with her where she said she hated football. So definitely no SAFC sympathiser. Plus, I loved Kenicke.

'Doyoureckon?'

Just now listening to some kenickie on spotify to get the old nostalgic juices flowing

Don't recognise or remember a single track though, pile of shit ;)

Their crowning glory. :boogie:

The people on here claiming to have been into Kenickie in the 90s :lol: they had one song in the charts iirc and even that was shite

If you're saying people are making it up to look "cool", that's a rather bizarre statement - they were a pretty big name in their scene for a while. If you're saying they shouldn't have been into them in the first place because they were shite, then of course you're absolutely right. ;)

If you're saying people are making it up to look "cool", that's a rather bizarre statement - they were a pretty big name in their scene for a while. If you're saying they shouldn't have been into them in the first place because they were shite, then of course you're absolutely right. ;)

I'm saying I would bet most people didnt have a clue who they were in the 90s. I was into the punk/alternative scene in the 90s and Kenickie really weren't a 'pretty big name in the scene'

I'm saying I would bet most people didnt have a clue who they were in the 90s. I was into the punk/alternative scene in the 90s and Kenickie really weren't a 'pretty big name in the scene'

Yet they were fairly well known in the brit pop/pop punk scene.

It's not all about you sweetcheeks. ;)

I wasn't into the punk/alternative scene in the nineties that I know of, but I'd heard of them.

It's all about what you see and hear I suppose - they were rarely out of NME for a couple of years, for a start. I do think you've been distracted by the "hey, other people on the internet are trying to be cool, I must burst their bubble" thing yet again, though.

It's all about what you see and hear I suppose - they were rarely out of NME for a couple of years, for a start. I do think you've been distracted by the "hey, other people on the internet are trying to be cool, I must burst their bubble" thing yet again, though.

:lol:

Thank fuck for this argument about who was and who was not legitimately into Kenickie in the 90s, this place has been crying out for a shot in the arm.

I thought they were gash when I eventually heard about them in 2013.

Edited by trophyshy

Thank fuck for this argument about who was and who was not legitimately into Kenickie in the 90s, this place has been crying out for a shot in the arm.

I thought they were gash when I eventually heard about them in 2013.

Admit it you utter shambles of a shithead of a man, Kenickie were an eclectic 90's combo piece with a mysterious* blonde from Sunderland who had an 'edge' about them.

*The mystery was how long she went on you before you shot your bolt.

Admit it you utter shambles of a shithead of a man, Kenickie were an eclectic 90's combo piece with a mysterious* blonde from Sunderland who had an 'edge' about them.

*The mystery was how long she went on you before you shot your bolt.

I'll freely confess to shambles and even take shithead on the chin tonight, but that mamp queen is about as edgy as a satsuma.