Final few games

The Fish

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that some people on here are nervious about the situation and seeing where the points are to come from, but it for the teams below to gain the points, and from looking at Wigan's and Sunderland's fixtures, i would find it hard to see either of them getting more points than us.

It may be down to the QPR game, and that's late, but i can see it being over (as in staying up) before then.

Wigan and Villa both in decent form. Might need more that 2points, as you see how quickly a team can string a few wins together even if they look dead and buried.

Southampton with 3 on the bounce and they look comfortable.

Do people want SAFC to go down?

It's funny if they do but I hate a season with no derby.

Of course I want them to go down - but not more than I want Newcastle to succeed.

Mackems can't say the same.

Think we only need another 2 points.

Piece of piss.

Be nice to get the 3 points that make us safe off the mackems.

Prem form since mid Jan is P 10 W 5 L 5

That has been against a mix of teams, the only victory against top half was the Chelsea game. On that form we should pick up at least another win and with Ben Arfa, Tiote, Debuchy, Perch coming back then possibly more.

Prem form since mid Jan is P 10 W 5 L 5

That has been against a mix of teams, the only victory against top half was the Chelsea game. On that form we should pick up at least another win and with Ben Arfa, Tiote, Debuchy, Perch coming back then possibly more.

Think we'll win our home games from here on out. Maybe West Brom too if they've given up on the season. Fulham yesterday seemed to not really be arsed about the outcome and we have a couple of games against sides in similar positions. I can't imagine Arsenal having much to play for on the last day either, QPR could be down.

I think people would genuinely miss the derby though. I assume it's the first fixtures everyone supporting either club looks for.

Reading & QPR are gone. One from Villa, Stoke, Wigan or the Mackems joining them. That's a pretty good result.

I think people would genuinely miss the derby though. I assume it's the first fixtures everyone supporting either club looks for.

Reading & QPR are gone. One from Villa, Stoke, Wigan or the Mackems joining them. That's a pretty good result.

2 relagations on Michael Owens CV would make me laugh :lol:

Absolutely spoilt for choice.

Villa = comeuppance for their fans for taking the piss when we went down.

Stoke = Michael Owen's second relegation.

Wigan = comeuppance for McManamangate

Sunderland = genuinely funny.

The only way it could be bettered would be by Reading somehow escaping and sending two of the above down.

Our game vs QPR could be interesting if a QPR win could push Sunderland over the edge...

you actually needed to ask that?

I'm genuinely interested in people's thoughts on it.

The two Derbys are my favourite games of the season. It follows that I prefer there two be derbies.

Years ago when they were out of the league for a while it was shit not having the two landmark games.

I'm quite genuinely surprised at some of the people who would prefer not to have those two games.

I'll laugh at them if they drop, but I would rather play them again next season.

I'm genuinely interested in people's thoughts on it.

The two Derbys are my favourite games of the season. It follows that I prefer there two be derbies.

Years ago when they were out of the league for a while it was shit not having the two landmark games.

I'm quite genuinely surprised at some of the people who would prefer not to have those two games.

I'll laugh at them if they drop, but I would rather play them again next season.

i agree

It's similar for me, I love the derbies, especially in seasons where we're not challenging in Europe or whatever. However I'd crease up if they were to go down.

I guess the way I'd say it; is that I'd be happy if they went down, but completely apathetic if they didn't. If there was a way for Stoke,Villa, QPR, Wigan and sunderland to go down, I'd take that.

As footballing spectacles generally the derbies - 8 out of 10 times are utterly shit. I ike beating them but I could go without it for a couple of years - the best games normally take me by surprise - but they've been in short supply this season.

Given that we got relegated not long ago I think it fitting that they go through it now. It's been four years or something for them hasn't it? Surely overdue. They yo-yo back up regularly enough anyway, they'd be back.

As footballing spectacles generally the derbies - 8 out of 10 times are utterly shit. I ike beating them but I could go without it for a couple of years - the best games normally take me by surprise - but they've been in short supply this season.

In recent seasons the derbies have been poor, we scraped a point at home last year after a pretty dismal performance. We did control the 2nd half though and probably deserved a point.

In recent seasons the derbies have been poor, we scraped a point at home last year after a pretty dismal performance. We did control the 2nd half though and probably deserved a point.

We deserved the win off the back of the 2nd half performance.