Final few games

The Fish

Derbies are not about the games they are about the stomach churning days leading up to them, the spoils of war on the day, the euphoria or disillusionment at full time, and the feel good factor that lingers long after.

Are you having your own game of cliché bingo? ;)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love beating them but I honestly wouldn't give a shite if they were relegated a few times.

They might be without Graham & Gardner, I'm not sure they'll have anybody left.

Well thing is, if you look at their attendances now, who will leave etc if they go down, they could well do a portsmouth and go tits up which would also be enjoyable :D

Just don't understand this type of opinion at all.

I hate and relish the derbies in equal measure. But currently I'm filled with more of a "fuck em" feeling. We've been through the mill over the start of the Ashley regime and only recently have we started to turn things around and steady the ship. In that time they have (rightly) been pissing themselves at our expense. Now its nice to see them getting a bit tbh. PDC coming in and so on with the negative press that goes with it, the infighting over it, the party with marty the whole holier than thou circus they are becoming. Seeing them whimper just above the drop is a pleasure in itself but I think a boot on their head pushing them under would sign them off just nicely. Now if we were wearing that boot in our next game then all more pleasure. Fuck em.

Either way works for me. Their relegation would be interesting, and frankly embarrassing given their relative spend. The derbies, whilst enjoyable, are always a risk of injury for our key players. Despite the propensity for them to be terrible games of late, as CT says it's about more than the 90 minutes.

The main thing working against their survival is that if they do stay up there will be some feeling of a 'great escape' and vindication in the appointment of dicanio. When it all boils down I don't care that much either way.

I hate and relish the derbies in equal measure. But currently I'm filled with more of a "fuck em" feeling. We've been through the mill over the start of the Ashley regime and only recently have we started to turn things around and steady the ship. In that time they have (rightly) been pissing themselves at our expense. Now its nice to see them getting a bit tbh. PDC coming in and so on with the negative press that goes with it, the infighting over it, the party with marty the whole holier than thou circus they are becoming. Seeing them whimper just above the drop is a pleasure in itself but I think a boot on their head pushing them under would sign them off just nicely. Now if we were wearing that boot in our next game then all more pleasure. Fuck em.

:good:

Being a non geordie supporter the derby obviously doesn't hold as much importance for, even though the atmosphere and build up to the game is brilliant fun usually. However considering they are boring non entity of a club with pricks for supporters who who seems to spend 90% of their time obsessing about us, it would be great to see them go down and if we can push them on their way on Sunday all the better.

Certainly would prefer them or Stoke to go down before any of the others.

Being a non geordie supporter the derby obviously doesn't hold as much importance for, even though the atmosphere and build up to the game is brilliant fun usually. However considering they are boring non entity of a club with pricks for supporters who who seems to spend 90% of their time obsessing about us, it would be great to see them go down and if we can push them on their way on Sunday all the better.

Certainly would prefer them or Stoke to go down before any of the others.

See I can understand that for out of towners because they haven't grown up with rivalry effecting every day life. I'm a bit more surprised at some of the locals sacrificing two of the best football weeks of the year for a few laughs as they drop.

Don't get me wrong, I too will laugh at they go down, but what if they stay down? No more Derbys ? Horrible.

Shame Stevie doesn't post any more as I would be interested what his view was.

applause-o.gif

See I can understand that for out of towners because they haven't grown up with rivalry effecting every day life. I'm a bit more surprised at some of the locals sacrificing two of the best football weeks of the year for a few laughs as they drop.

Don't get me wrong, I too will laugh at they go down, but what if they stay down? No more Derbys ? Horrible.

I'd get plenty of joy at their relegation and watching them struggle tbh. But I do sort of agree in that I wouldn't really want them to stay in a different division for long. The derby games while nerve wracking are something that has no comparisson in any other game and are a big miss when they don't happen.

mqdefault.jpg

article-1188028-051391BB000005DC-530_468x244.jpg

They've bucked the yo-yo trend for a few years but it really is time to get back to type, more than time. I hope we hammer one their relegation nails in their coffin. (Couldn't find the pic of them crying and hugging each other when we went down).

mqdefault.jpg

article-1188028-051391BB000005DC-530_468x244.jpg

They've bucked the yo-yo trend for a few years but it really is time to get back to type, more than time. I hope we hammer one their relegation nails in their coffin. (Couldn't find the pic of them crying and hugging each other when we went down).

Hope there's some canny banners on Sunday from our lot! "Send the Fascists in the same direction as Sunderland - DOWN!"