Cabaye and Sissoko

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You haven't got a clue man. It was Fergie who would turn us into Brazil 6 months ago according to you. It was Pardew who should be managing England. Do yourself a favour and stick to getting bummed in the politics thread and let the lads who actually enjoy football talk about the game

Funny that, I talked about playing Sissoko deeper last week and was told I didn't understand then. I've also talked about Cabaye playing further forward numerous times this season. You keep kidding yourself that you know it all though :)

Sissoko is one assist off Marveaux in 11 less appearances...

trequartista! :banana:

(in the interest of fairness, Sissoko has two more goals)

As I said weeks ago ;) Sissoko should play with Cabaye with Marv in Sisokos current role.

That would leave Cabaye or Sissoko as great threats going forward and leave Marv as the perfect link between wings and attack.

Pardew will never realise the potential of this team sadly. Maybe that's just his defensive nature and he seems to prefer counter attacking. Fine when it comes off but so often it doesn't.

Keegan 1 would have this lot playing like the Harlem globetrotters never mind the entertainers.

Marveaux isn't good enough for that.

Ben Arfa is five times the player Marveaux is. Marveaux is just another Routledge. Skilled in one area, limited in all others.

And CT is like Routledge but without that one skill.

Some of the stick that Marveaux gets here all because CT loves him is astounding. Yes, he is a luxury player. Yes, he can be a lazy tw@t at times. Still, he's the only real creative outlet we have and even though he doesn't do it on a regular basis during matches, he still creates a couple of golden chances every game, something that noone else in our team is capable of doing.

Pardew needs to give him a bit of a kick up his @rse to work harder and to be honest, he has been putting in better shifts of late, compared to the start of the season. With Cabaye playing in a deep role and Sissoko, Jonas & Gouffran playing further forward, I can't really see where the chances will come from, unless we're on the break.

See my post about Sissoko - less frills - more output. More creative.

Fair enough, but I still feel we don't create too many chances with Jonas and Gouffran out wide. A lot of clear chances we've created off late have been on the break. We struggle to carve open defences, and Marv has the ability to do so, even if he does it only a few times in a game.

Cabaye also has the ability to do so, as does Sissoko, Ben Arfa... Goufrann hasn't really produced a great deal despite promising signs but I don't think he was brought in to create. I think we'll have to rely on Marveaux certain times towards the end of the season but I really wouldn't care if we moved him on after that,.

He can create the odd chance - imagine would he would do if he actually gave a fuck and turned up for a game?

Regarding CT - he has this fetish where he attaches himself to an average player and wanks himself daft Lua Lua, Shane Ferguson, Marveaux, Meatloaf..

Where's the rest of us have probably seen players like this before scores of times and instead appreciate genuine class. ;)

Good post Indian Mag. It's not about who is better as no one is arguing Marveaux is more skilful, it's about who will create goals and keep us up.

Anyone who thinks we have a better chance of creating goals in the run in without Marveaux not playing is simply clueless or a WUM.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Cabaye also has the ability to do so, as does Sissoko, Ben Arfa... Goufrann hasn't really produced a great deal despite promising signs but I don't think he was brought in to create. I think we'll have to rely on Marveaux certain times towards the end of the season but I really wouldn't care if we moved him on after that,.

He can create the odd chance - imagine would he would do if he actually gave a fuck and turned up for a game?

Absolutely. I don't think Marv is the long-term answer by any stretch of the imagination. I just feel given our current resources, he can do a good job for us.

Cabaye unfortunately sits too deep these days to have much of an impact in the final third. I think Gouffran can play the Gutierrez role well, which is why I'd expect Pards to start only one of them next season onwards.

I don't think anyone would argue without Marveaux. Perhaps replaced by a better player but that's about the most self serving argument ever.

''The tea would be better if we had a better tea lady''

Absolutely. I don't think Marv is the long-term answer by any stretch of the imagination. I just feel given our current resources, he can do a good job for us.

Cabaye unfortunately sits too deep these days to have much of an impact in the final third. I think Gouffran can play the Gutierrez role well, which is why I'd expect Pards to start only one of them next season onwards.

I think Cabaye will naturally push forwards when he gets support of Tiote. Till then he might be a bit deeper but performance wise It's only really been a problem in this last few games - he's gone missing a bit but I don't think it's due to where he's deployed or where he's fell - sometimes it's just a bad run of form.

Regards Jonas - we need him on the weakest wing - left or right because nobody offers the solidarity and commitment he does and things can fall apart without it. Plus I don't think his attacking game is completely shot - he was giving the Benfica full back a tough night & he found Cisse perfectly for what should have been 2-0.

I tell ya, I wouldn't mind Pards dipping in for one or two of the creative players at Benfica. Some talent there to be had that would help us create chances. He'd need a war chest though

• 2 weeks later...

What's happened to Cabaye? Is it just me or does he look disinterested?

Some of his performances of late have been too poor for a player of his caliber.

I don't know what the reason is. Is it because he is playing in a deep playmaker role? Is it because he is just knackered after a long season? Is it because he just is not interested?

Somehow he always looks like a completely different player for France. For a player of his reputation, he really has to start putting in some more consistent performances for us.

Some of his performances of late have been too poor for a player of his caliber.

I don't know what the reason is. Is it because he is playing in a deep playmaker role? Is it because he is just knackered after a long season? Is it because he just is not interested?

Somehow he always looks like a completely different player for France. For a player of his reputation, he really has to start putting in some more consistent performances for us.

I think it's like J69 has mentioned a lot of it is down to the deep position he's been given. He plays further up the field for France and that's his best position, I'm also worried that he's getting sulky and wants off mind rumours of bids coming from Man utd for him and he was given captaincy when Jonas was vice captain smacks of an attempt to placate him. I understand he's a better choice for captain than Jonas probably is but it just seems odd that he leapfrogged the vice captain.

Maybe his depression is coming back?

http://www.chronicle...wcastle-1408444

“The first time I met Alan Pardew I asked him ‘How do you want to play? What is the style?’,” Cabaye told the Sunday Sun.

“He said ‘With you, it will change’. I told him I want to have the ball at my feet, I want to pass the ball, pass again.

“It reassured me a lot to hear that the first time I met him. It was my first move since Lille and not to another French club so it was more difficult.

“I was pleased and relieved for him to say that. My mind was calmer because of that. I was reassured and I felt good.”

I bet he feels fucking cheated like the rest of us do.