Newcastle v Fulham

Christmas Tree

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we really should win this - win this and beat Sunderland and I think we're set for a comfortable run in. Nothing seems guaranteed though at this point. It's been really frustrating recently (Man City aside) as we've deserved to pick up more points than we actually have.

Fulham haven't been amazing recently, and we're really overdue for taking them to the cleaners.

With a team of

Krul

Simpson Taylor Mbiwa Santon

Perch

Jonas------ Cabaye ---Gouffran

Sissoko

Cisse

Dunno if Perch is fully fit or if the knock he picked up would keep him out. I'd give him the job of marshalling Berbatov. I worry about Santon against Duff. We mustn't go long as Hangeland will eat that up all day long. Without Sidwell doing the Run-around-like-a-mental role, we've the opportunity to control the midfield.

If Tiote and Debuchy are fit enough to start I'd risk them, this is a game that could provide a real springboard. Especially this weekend when the teams around and below us could be left behind with the right permutation of results. A win for us coupled with a draw between Wigan and QPR, and losses for sunderland & West Ham could see us 13th, level on points with 12th (West Ham) with a game in hand on them.

Just wide awake club :)

But there's fuck all to do at this time of day. Thinking of going to work to pass a few hours. How sad is that.

Not sad, prudent. Although, I can't imagine there'll be many fares at this time of the morning round your way? Or at least many you'd want to pick up.

No whinging. I did ask for someone else to start it but no takers.

Team should be....

Krul

Simpson Taylor Mbwia ABS

Cabaye Sissoko

Anita Marveaux Gouffran

Cisse

But Pardew has no plan b.

I demand a win!

Pardew has no plan b but you're posting your idea of a team with "anyone but santon"

You're a child.

With a team of

Krul

Simpson Taylor Mbiwa Santon

Perch

Jonas------ Cabaye ---Gouffran

Sissoko

Cisse

Dunno if Perch is fully fit or if the knock he picked up would keep him out. I'd give him the job of marshalling Berbatov. I worry about Santon against Duff. We mustn't go long as Hangeland will eat that up all day long. Without Sidwell doing the Run-around-like-a-mental role, we've the opportunity to control the midfield.

If Tiote and Debuchy are fit enough to start I'd risk them, this is a game that could provide a real springboard. Especially this weekend when the teams around and below us could be left behind with the right permutation of results. A win for us coupled with a draw between Wigan and QPR, and losses for sunderland & West Ham could see us 13th, level on points with 12th (West Ham) with a game in hand on them.

That's the yea, I'd play, except with Jonas and santon as full backs, drop Simpson. Anita in cm

That's the yea, I'd play, except with Jonas and santon as full backs, drop Simpson. Anita in cm

Same here. Cabaye really needs to be further up the pitch, get the attacking game going on.

Hope Cisse is as up for it as he was in Thursday.

Have to say this going to be one tough game, Jol has got the better of Pardew every time, I think. If we can beat I will be feeling a very relieved man.

Only thing that's going to make a difference is someone supplying Cisse. The fact that a few of you think we have a better chance without Marveaux amazes, nay, astounds me.

If Marveaux isn't on the team sheet Ashley should dismiss Pardew on the spot and take over himself.

Keeping the ball away from Berbatov is vital, he seems to be on a mission at the moment, mebbe's playing for a move?

A win could give us some breathing space before the next two games.

A loss could make us doubt playing the first team against Benfica and put us under pressure for the derby,

Only thing that's going to make a difference is someone supplying Cisse. The fact that a few of you think we have a better chance without Marveaux amazes, nay, astounds me.

If Marveaux isn't on the team sheet Ashley should dismiss Pardew on the spot and take over himself.

You are a cretin

Was going to give you credit for being persistent, but your last sentence sadly outed you as a WUM again.

The reason I like this board above others is that, almost to a man, the posters on here have a decent knowledge of football. They have followed it since being a kid and most have played the game at some sort of basic competitive level. Even the ones that haven't enjoy watching games from Non league, European leagues and South American leagues. They watch the ACN, the Copa Libertadores, the MLS, and even though we might not all agree on tactics and manager decisions we can at least provide reasoning behind our opinions and why they may or may not work.

YOU on the other hand spout absolute clap trap with absolutely nothing to back it up. Marveaux in CM!? He doesn't tackle, loses out to headers, goes missing for large chunks of the game and has a very poor scoring record for an 'attacking' player. He would get beasted by any half decent CM in the league. It was exactly the same shite and Ferguson for a year. You try to sound knowledgeable on football by throwing in cliches like 'pressing' and 'keeping it on the floor' as if shouting these words from the side of the pitch will suddenly solve all of our problems and have us playing like Barcelona. You strike me as a bloke who probably grew up watching Rugger or Cricket with your chums in Cleadon and having packed in your real job you have now decided to follow football so you can fit in with the lads at the taxi rank. It's not working.

Fucker have to do something brand new this time to catch them with surprise. Pardew never catches anyone with surprise and that's what causing only small bursts of momentum. Marveaux should come on late as the impact player he is. If not Tiote and Debuchy're back, Simpson and Anita instead.

Krul

Debuchy Dumb Mbiwa Dumber

Sissoko Tiote Jonas

Cabaye

Cisse Gouffran

Edited by Aeris

The reason I like this board above others is that, almost to a man, the posters on here have a decent knowledge of football. They have followed it since being a kid and most have played the game at some sort of basic competitive level. Even the ones that haven't enjoy watching games from Non league, European leagues and South American leagues. They watch the ACN, the Copa Libertadores, the MLS, and even though we might not all agree on tactics and manager decisions we can at least provide reasoning behind our opinions and why they may or may not work.

YOU on the other hand spout absolute clap trap with absolutely nothing to back it up. Marveaux in CM!? He doesn't tackle, loses out to headers, goes missing for large chunks of the game and has a very poor scoring record for an 'attacking' player. He would get beasted by any half decent CM in the league. It was exactly the same shite and Ferguson for a year. You try to sound knowledgeable on football by throwing in cliches like 'pressing' and 'keeping it on the floor' as if shouting these words from the side of the pitch will suddenly solve all of our problems and have us playing like Barcelona. You strike me as a bloke who probably grew up watching Rugger or Cricket with your chums in Cleadon and having packed in your real job you have now decided to follow football so you can fit in with the lads at the taxi rank. It's not working.

Tom isn't that bad.

I'll get my coat.