Newcastle v Fulham

Christmas Tree

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking about Fulham you mong :lol:

Toothless & playing for the draw are two very different things.

Get yourself a couple of phone books & you're welcome to call me a mong to my face ;)

Feel free to give your match review :)

Thought Hangeland and Senderos were very good, but Fulham decided a point was good enough after we didn't give them a moment on the ball hardly all match. We're not Barcelona. And never have been. These players don't give up for Pardew though, he must be doing something right. Effort is always as important as inspiration, and what you do when you haven't got the ball is always as important as what you do when you do have it.That is something we do have in common with Barcelona. Here endeth the lesson :) Edited by PaddockLad

Just got in and a tad worse for wear after an early start. God help me next Sunday.

Positives

Jonas man of the match.

Marveaux looks dangerous each time he gets the ball.

Negatives

Cabaye very poor again.

Other comments

Fulham as an attacking force are one of the poorest teams Ive seen at St James this season.

While we definitely deserved the win, we were pretty lack lustre and just didnt have the desire / fight I would expect to see given our position.

Thank fuck the referee found 5 minutes from somewhere.

Its in our own hands now and a win against Sunderland should see the season put to bed.

Atmosphere was shite.

Apart from all of the times he was running into blind alleys down the right-hand side and his refusal to use his right-foot at all. ;)

Thought Hangeland and Senderos were very good, but Fulham decided a point was good enough after we didn't give them a moment on the ball hardly all match. We're not Barcelona. And never have been. These players don't give up for Pardew though, he must be doing something right. Effort is always as important as inspiration, and what you do when you haven't got the ball is always as important as what you do when you do have it.That is something we do have in common with Barcelona. Here endeth the lesson :)

Did you not watch us at Man City? ;)

Apart from all of the times he was running into blind alleys down the right-hand side and his refusal to use his right-foot at all. ;)

Times when he could have hoped for better support, but most of what he tried came off and some of those blind alleys resulted in corners.

Class footballer on the ball.

Times when he could have hoped for better support, but most of what he tried came off and some of those blind alleys resulted in corners.

Class footballer on the ball.

No doubt about it. As I said though he can't use it right-foot at all so if he's going to play down the right he needs to sort out his decision making as there's no point of him running down the line if he can't use his right-foot.

I prefer having him to not having him. I think he offers us something in an attacking support role and he has the pace to break quickly. Obviously it'd be good if he scored occasionally. Looked pretty good against Fulham for the most part.

Edited by Rayvin

What's people's thoughts on Gouffran?

One of those players that is putting a very good shift in for the team and you need players like this. He might not covet a lot of glory but he's been very important for us since signing.

Squad game ftw. \o/

What's people's thoughts on Gouffran?

Marveaux could learn a bit from him.

Works hard, is tricky, pacy and causes opposition problems. Only going to get better next season.

Showed a lot of promise on arrival. I thought he would have played as a second striker today but he was drawn to the wing.

Strange. He wasn't bad but he doesn't look much more than Obertan lite. Competent I suppose/

Did you not watch us at Man City? ;)

>Yeah...didnt think it was lack of effort though, although it can look like that when the opposiston are as inspired as they were. Saying it was is not looking at what how they played in the game, which is where CT came in when it appeared to him that Fulham were "toothless". I suppose we all see different things though. This team,actually this club, is a work in progress. Over acheiveing last season and underacheiveing this. We do have a good squad but we lack consistancy.If we are to all join Mike's happy bus, we're going to need a lot of patience and accept our limitations. Our away form needs to improve next season to say the least. Not playing in Europe will help...if we don't go and do something daft like win the Europa league...

Showed a lot of promise on arrival. I thought he would have played as a second striker today but he was drawn to the wing.

Strange. He wasn't bad but he doesn't look much more than Obertan lite. Competent I suppose/

He was put on the wing when Jonas went to LB so that wasn't really his fault