Newcastle v Sunderland

Christmas Tree

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got to wonder whether Di Canio can afford to play for a draw or whether they are good enough to play for a win.

We've been lucky enough that they've had some injuries & that I just can't see Graham being up for it either way. Sesengnon is a danger & they have players who have their moments but given their injuries/suspensions I'd expect us to get the win.

We just have to hope we come out of Benfica fit.

The makem echo this Monday `We were unlucky.Howard Webb gave us nowt all game.It was never a pen.The red cards were harsh.The mags will still go down.Next season we will finish top 6 '

Bew! Bew! Bew! Bew! Bew! Bew!

Btw, had a quick browse on the SMB and noticed they are ridiculously optimistic about this match, truly believing after one match they lost to a piss poor Chelsea they will beat us. To me this defies all common sense. And before anyone says 'anything can happen in a Derby' I'd say that's bull shit, they generally go to the better teams, our record proves that. Sure, PDC might inject some passion, but that can be counter-productive and it's something we don't lack anyway. Haven't checked the bookies odds yet, but they'll know the score.

I can't beleive you're surprised at their delusion. Surely you're old enough to have experienced this for many a year now!

The only chance I see them scoring from is either a free kick around the box from Larson, or a pen. They're a woeful team going forward, the delusion from them never surprises me I remember after the 5-1 they were saying they'd win the next one 6-0 "because the mags won 5-1" not really sound logic.

Edited by Howay

To be fair Pardew seems a canny passionate manager, his reaction to the winner against Fulham showed that. Without their spoilers like Gardener and Cattermole to drag the game down to a kicking match I think they'll struggle massively with us.

The Mackems seem to be absolutely sure they are going to win this because Paolo is passionate.

I can't tell if I am nervous they may be right or just pissing myself at how much of a fall they are setting themselves up for.

His passion didn't do him much good at Swindon where he lost all three of the derbies his team played.

What 1-1 to the sword?

Do fuck off you queen.

Such a fucking Drama Llama. Benfica are one of the best teams in Europe, let alone the Europa league. Do you even know their form? Unbeaten in 35 (Thirty Five) games. The only teams to beat them this season? Barcelona and Spartak Moscow. In the Champions League.

The way you carry on, you'd think we'd failed to beat Accrington over two legs.