Newcastle v Sunderland

Christmas Tree

I bet Di Canio's team talk was a hell of a lot more uplifting than Pardew's cliched bollocks

True.

He's going to need to put a rocket up his own arse or he'll become a dead man walking.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not a leftback. He might have had a few good outings as a makeshift left back, but if Haidara is fit, he should play especially againt someone with the abilities of Johnson.

I'm just playing devil's advocate and hypothesising why Pardew might have started him.

Like I said - he's been abysmal. He should never ever play in that position again. Pardew might say he played there for Argentina but he looked bad playing LB for them too.

The whole team have been absolutely shocking. The atmosphere has got to them from the off.

Funny how whenever we see a chance to steer clear of the bottom half of the table, this team's arse drops out. We need a leader on the pitch which we've lacked today.

As horrifying as this is, it's just because it's a derby. They aren't suddenly amazing and we aren't suddenly terrible (no more so than before). Suck it up and move on, we've got winnable games ahead and neither Sunderland or us is going to go down.

The whole concept that all of the blame for this is attributable to Pardew is utter nonsense. Half the team hasn't showed up. It might be a hangover from Thursday, or just one of those days, but it's not all the manager's responsibility.

Do we practice set pieces at all?

I have zero sense of anticipation before one unless it's a free kick within scoring range. Just pathetic - we have the players you'd think with the ability to put good balls in the mixer, and tall, strong players to get on the end of good service.

When you look at it...poor season, very few actual good performances. Lingering just above relegation and now getting fuckin humped at home to this lot.

I would not be surprised if Pardew gets the sack ya know.

Just to clarify I don't think he should. But I would not be surprised.

The whole concept that all of the blame for this is attributable to Pardew is utter nonsense. Half the team hasn't showed up. It might be a hangover from Thursday, or just one of those days, but it's not all the manager's responsibility.

This. Pardew is doubtless culpable, but frankly that team should be good enough to beat anyone.

As horrifying as this is, it's just because it's a derby. They aren't suddenly amazing and we aren't suddenly terrible (no more so than before). Suck it up and move on, we've got winnable games ahead and neither Sunderland or us is going to go down.

I agree, derby games are weird and we've been beaten by Benfica.

In themselves not reason to sack a manager but Pardew is going to have to deal with the fact that we need to generate some forward momentum which Sunderland now have. Spirits are low. We do need to sort out Cabaye and get some leaders on the pitch.

You could really see the difference that Di Canio made to them today.

We know how bad we are when we are pressed so they done that to us all game and we couldn't cope with it. They also had a really high tempo when doing it to us too.

Whereas under O'Neill they would have just sat back and capitulated under any pressure.

Can one of the mods disable CT's account for the rest of the day btw? He's gonna be at his absolute worst today, cos he's gonna be gloating about how right he is in the aftermath of a howking off the tramps. I predict he's gonna be VERY unpopular on here over the next few days.

I don't think our run in is the best to be honest. WBA, QPR and West Sham Away and Liverpool, Arse at home.

We'll be safe, but it's a shame that this is going right to the end.

Howay man, people have been saying this all season. At what point does he become culpable for our terrible league performances this season?

We don't seem to have any sort of positive game plan at all. Di Canio out foxed him today completely.

The whole concept that all of the blame for this is attributable to Pardew is utter nonsense. Half the team hasn't showed up.

Manager needs to make sure the team shows up, if he can't he's not doing his fuckin job, you numbdick.

I don't think our run in is the best to be honest. WBA, QPR and West Sham Away and Liverpool, Arse at home.

We'll be safe, but it's a shame that this is going right to the end.

I know what you mean, but QPR should be down by the time we play them so hopefully they won't be fighting for their lives.

West Brom and Ham have nothing to play for really and Liverpool can't score. We should be ok.

Spot on, Pardew was hardly to blame for Jonas' embarrassing pass attempt that led to their first, or the linesman calling a perfectly onside goal offside and an offside one onside. We've been fucked over, combination of shite play and shite officiating. Shite performance all around, Pardew included but he doesn't shoulder 100% of the blame. Now we'll never hear the end of this for the next 20 year.