Newcastle v Sunderland

Christmas Tree

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krul injury killed it.

At that point he would probably of been looking to bring on an actual defender/someone in place of jonas.

having to replace krul left him with the option of shoring up the back line or bringning on someone to try and nick the goals for the win - he went for the latter and they did what theyd done the entire game - outmarked our players that ventured up on the counter.

Feel that injury and the disallowed equalizer were the turning points. More than anything the team played lacklustre today, but as per usual the injuries and officiating cost us vital points, against possibly the worst opposition to lose them to.

Bad day overall and it keeps well in the dog fight, gotta rely on pardew managing to at least muster up a win and a draw in the remaining 5 to keep us up - because as this season has shown, relying on the teams below you being worse only gets you so far.

It's not just about something as objective as a team selection, man. It's about living amongst a philosophy, an attitude, a dynamic. We look beaten before kick off most of the time.

That was certainly the case today, we just totally underestimated their chances - they blew up our Death Star with an X-Wing

This. I think I sort of warned about it yesterday, though fell fir it myself. Fair play to the mackems like. They wanted it more, and got their rewards. Honestly though, I want Pardew replacing in the summer. Let us down big time today on the back of a nightmare season. Enough's enough.

Genuine question here Renton. What's made you change your mind on Pardew compared to a couple of weeks ago?

Genuine question here Renton. What's made you change your mind on Pardew compared to a couple of weeks ago?

I have to say I'm coming around to the same thinking, Pards shows nothing new of late and seems to just go through the motions.

Well today's performance and result really. A must win game a home where we were humiliated with the worst result in living memory. Also going out of Europe. For a long time I've given Pardew benefit f the doubt. I like him. But we need better with this team.

He played Jonas LB because he didn't expect them to attack - massive mistake - as was playing Marveaux in a derby.

They got the breaks regarding the offsides but overall it reminded me of the first few games under Reid - they wanted it more and deserved it which always hurts.

I still fear for us as we could quit easily lose the three away games and both home games are dodgy.

He played Jonas LB because he didn't expect them to attack - massive mistake - as was playing Marveaux in a derby.

They got the breaks regarding the offsides but overall it reminded me of the first few games under Reid - they wanted it more and deserved it which always hurts.

I still fear for us as we could quit easily lose the three away games and both home games are dodgy.

Marv looked like one of our best attacking players though. But yes, a motivated Johnson was always going to fancy his chances against Jonas and Marv on that wing.

Well today's performance and result really. A must win game a home where we were humiliated with the worst result in living memory. Also going out of Europe. For a long time I've given Pardew benefit f the doubt. I like him. But we need better with this team.

Knee jerk reaction to a humiliating result, then. You'll be back on an even keel by this time next week. :razz:

Embarrassing, sick to the stomach. Cant even imagine what people in the city must be feeling like.

Seen some pretty half hearted performances from us this season and this was right up there. Noone but Cisse really seems to want it in these last few games.

And Jonas and Cabaye can especially fuck right off. For some reason feeling especially pissed at those two.

Tired of all the excuses by now, Ive been with those defending Pardew but its getting pretty old now. Just hasnt been good enough. You would think we would be up for it today, but no.

Cant say much more, a big FUCK YOU to Pardew and the lads for today. :angry2:

Pretty similar myself, I don't think he deserves all the blame today as the players definitely have to take some flak themselves. I'm just getting tired of never looking like a good side given the players we have. We've barely put in a good 90 minute performance all season (Can't really think of many at the moment anyway), it's like someone mentioned before we've never been good going forward under Pardew and this season it's really shown. We basically rely on Sissoko or HBA to pull off some magic or Cisse to score a ridiculous finish. He was outdone by Paolo Di Canio today, at home, with better players it's embarrasing. Again he's not solely to blame like I say I think if our goal had stood we could have went on to win it as the momentum was in our favour and heads definitely dropped after that and the Krul injury, which in itself is odd given that in recent weeks we've not been giving up on games.

I struggle to remember a Newcastle team look so uninterested in a derby match tbh. Another thing with Pardew is at times he seems to play into peoples hands, starting Marvaeux a player who everyone knows struggles with teams that close down quick against a team we all knew would close us down all day was odd. We can argue all day about how he's been left out to dry after we didn't re-invest much in the summer but regardless we had better players in every position than they did today, we were at home and we got humiliated. Like I've said I've defended the bloke for a long time but I'm growing tired of it.

This season can't end soon enough.

Our remaining games are awful, two home games we are likely to lose (Liverpool, Arsenal) and we never look great away.

If we go in to the last game of the season needing something we are fucked.

I can't even bring myself to talk about today and I'm never going to congratulate them either

They thought they had a better team and better players than us not too long ago. The likes of Ryan Taylor and Nolan just got stuck in and we had their beating. I think the reverse has just happened.

They thought they had a better team and better players than us not too long ago. The likes of Ryan Taylor and Nolan just got stuck in and we had their beating. I think the reverse has just happened.

Totally agree.

Pardew isn't good enough but replacing him will always be a risk because there's so few options to replace him.

That's about the crux of it. Especially for the wage Pardew is supposedly on.

That's about the crux of it. Especially for the wage Pardew is supposedly on.

Yet look at how we have increased the wage bill with some of our recent signings. I think they've actually evolved a bit on the footballing front (despite the shite summer transfer window) and would know they'd have to pay better than what Pardew is on to attract somebody decent. Although I wonder what he's on after signing that 8 year contract?