Newcastle v Sunderland

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutierrez has far more experience of this sort of game than a 20 year old from France who has played a handful of games and been on the receiving end of a very dangerous tackle.

Not that it's done him much good today,

Gutierrez has far more experience of this sort of game than a 20 year old from France who has played a handful of games and been on the receiving end of a very dangerous tackle.

He's not a leftback. He might have had a few good outings as a makeshift left back, but if Haidara is fit, he should play especially againt someone with the abilities of Johnson.

He's not a leftback. He might have had a few good outings as a makeshift left back, but if Haidara is fit, he should play especially againt someone with the abilities of Johnson.

I'm just playing devil's advocate and hypothesising why Pardew might have started him.

Like I said - he's been abysmal. He should never ever play in that position again. Pardew might say he played there for Argentina but he looked bad playing LB for them too.

The whole team have been absolutely shocking. The atmosphere has got to them from the off.

Funny how whenever we see a chance to steer clear of the bottom half of the table, this team's arse drops out. We need a leader on the pitch which we've lacked today.

As horrifying as this is, it's just because it's a derby. They aren't suddenly amazing and we aren't suddenly terrible (no more so than before). Suck it up and move on, we've got winnable games ahead and neither Sunderland or us is going to go down.

The whole concept that all of the blame for this is attributable to Pardew is utter nonsense. Half the team hasn't showed up. It might be a hangover from Thursday, or just one of those days, but it's not all the manager's responsibility.

When you look at it...poor season, very few actual good performances. Lingering just above relegation and now getting fuckin humped at home to this lot.

I would not be surprised if Pardew gets the sack ya know.

Just to clarify I don't think he should. But I would not be surprised.

The whole concept that all of the blame for this is attributable to Pardew is utter nonsense. Half the team hasn't showed up. It might be a hangover from Thursday, or just one of those days, but it's not all the manager's responsibility.

This. Pardew is doubtless culpable, but frankly that team should be good enough to beat anyone.

As horrifying as this is, it's just because it's a derby. They aren't suddenly amazing and we aren't suddenly terrible (no more so than before). Suck it up and move on, we've got winnable games ahead and neither Sunderland or us is going to go down.

I agree, derby games are weird and we've been beaten by Benfica.

In themselves not reason to sack a manager but Pardew is going to have to deal with the fact that we need to generate some forward momentum which Sunderland now have. Spirits are low. We do need to sort out Cabaye and get some leaders on the pitch.