Newcastle v Sunderland

Christmas Tree

Just want this season over and done with man. Will worry about outgoings and Pardew in the summer.

Losing to that lot when we've got little to play for is bad enough, but we - and they - had plenty to play for today.

Honestly, the momentum is now with them. Another bad weekend next round of fixtures and we're the ones looking relegation in the face, not them.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a load of overconfidence about this match from the fans imo. Everyone on here was dead bullish about it, everyone who spoke about it at work. The number of times this week I've heard "I just can't see a scenario where they beat us." One bloke eventually piped up on Friday that he really wasn't at all confident and it was noticeable how jarring it was for people to have to listen to it.

And today, the team played like they had the same ideas in their head - I think it was Rayvin said "we played like a team who thought we were better than the opposition, and they played like it was a local derby."

Probably the most embarrassed I've ever been after a game. I won't hear the end of this for 5 years

Anyone says anything to you, just ride away doing a wheelie. There's nothing anyone can do in the face of a wheelie.

The only players who ability wise could have hurt us today were Sess and Johnson, who have had really poor seasons. Di Canio seems to have really fired them up. Sess especially looked like the Sess of last season. Graham had a decent game as well.

Am I the only one getting increasingly p!ssed at Cabaye? Ability wise, he is world class, but for some reason he just doesn't show up enough for the big games. I'm not blaming him for today. It's just that you'd expect your best players to come out and show what they are made off in games like these.

because they just had a new manager in, have been playing shite and missing key players, whereas we had an insanely strong setup and were at home, of course people were more positive than usual about it!

And it's turned out to be a big mistake, hasn't it.

There's a fine line between confidence and complacency and I think it was crossed today.

Aye, this is what I'm getting at. Normally people are posting about butterflies and dreading the match. There was none of that this week, and it looks like the players have taken the same approach.

what nonsense so you should never feel confident about your team going into any game then when the odds are way in your favour....ya know just in case it backfires?

The odds are never way in your favour for a derby ffs. Which is EXACTLY why it was misplaced confidence.

Have to say, out of all the loses that one is the hardest to take. Fucking Jonas was useless today. Totally gutted over this, I really thought we were going to walk this one in. Credit to Sunderland they played like it was a derby.

Aye, this is what I'm getting at. Normally people are posting about butterflies and dreading the match. There was none of that this week, and it looks like the players have taken the same approach.

There were masses of posts on here about nerves pre-match.

Feels so good ,yet very easy , beating a heartless bunch

Probably the truest thing you've ever typed. Our lot showed no heart, after a week of hearing about how up for this all the players were we looked like we were playing a friendly.

Has anyone heard anything about Krul yet? I'm fearing a fracture of a break, it didn't look good the way he was holding it when he went off.