Newcastle v Sunderland

Christmas Tree

We deserved that - we underestimated them and arrogance had crept in to pretty much every fan or person linked with our club. They wanted it more and now I feel physically fucking sickened. People just assumed it'd be 3 points in the bag and a continued embarrassment of the mackems, making us the usual top team in the North East. We've been humbled. I'm sure some will say the ref was against us, the linesmen were against us, we've only just had a European game, etc, but it's just excuses used to make feel us better in this case, we simply weren't there and now the Mackems have beaten us at St James... 3-0.

One thing to note was how much people have ridiculed Di Canio, I myself didn't think anything would come of it but looking at it it seems that sometimes passion is all you need - thinking about it that's pretty much all Keegan ever had in his bag and look where it got us. I said Di Canio was dangerous and for that I was right.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can one of the mods disable CT's account for the rest of the day btw? He's gonna be at his absolute worst today, cos he's gonna be gloating about how right he is in the aftermath of a howking off the tramps. I predict he's gonna be VERY unpopular on here over the next few days.

I have nothing whatsoever to add, however you seem to be taking on all comers. ;)

We deserved that - we underestimated them and arrogance had crept in to pretty much every fan or person linked with our club. They wanted it more and now I feel physically fucking sickened. People just assumed it'd be 3 points in the bag and a continued embarrassment of the mackems, making us the usual top team in the North East. We've been humbled. I'm sure some will say the ref was against us, the linesmen were against us, we've only just had a European game, etc, but it's just excuses used to make feel us better in this case, we simply weren't there and now the Mackems have beaten us at St James... 3-0.

One thing to note was how much people have ridiculed Di Canio, I myself didn't think anything would come of it but looking at it it seems that sometimes passion is all you need - thinking about it that's pretty much all Keegan ever had in his bag and look where it got us. I said Di Canio was dangerous and for that I was right.

It isn't only passion. He seems to have made them more organised at the back and confident on the ball. He's making them play better and more positive football. Also, Fletcher being out seems to be a bit of a blessing in disguise as Graham and Fletch together looked c@ck. Both of them are much better off leading the line by themselves.

There's a fine line between confidence and complacency and I think it was crossed today.

This. I think I sort of warned about it yesterday, though fell fir it myself. Fair play to the mackems like. They wanted it more, and got their rewards. Honestly though, I want Pardew replacing in the summer. Let us down big time today on the back of a nightmare season. Enough's enough.

Would have gone 11th with a win today, and from that you'd say we'd be one win or two draws away from safety. We were in good form, upcoming fixtures all somewhat winnable. Now that positive feeling will have been eroded

5 games left, you'd think that's enough to get out of trouble but a run of negative results together and it really isn't.

Wigan are currently 5 points off us, but have 2 games in hand.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Jonas should had made a professional foul instead of pulling off for their first.

Agreed, he epitomized our lot today in that instance. A pathetic pass attempt and then jogging back rather than busting a gut to get back, then half thinking about bringing him down before bottling it.

It's not all Pardew's fault, of course, but I can't get my head over a team with the (on paper) quality of ours looking so inept and clueless in the final third (save for a couple of Cisse chances and the 'offside' goal).

When have we been ever good in the final third? Last season? I'm going to tell you what last season was in a nutshell. Demba Ba the first half of the season, then Cisse and HBA in the second half of the season. That is it!

Our only play in the final third is over the top to Cisse. We have never, under Pardew, played nice little one-two's or nice triangles in and around the box. Never. I dare anyone here to say otherwise.

Edited by LooneyToony

We were set up how you've been screaming out for weren't we?

Exactly my thoughts upon seeing the team sheet. Immediately thought Pardew had got it wrong as well marveaux was shit starting today.

The Johnson one, I couldn't believe the time he was given.

Aye it was clear as day exactly what he was doing, if we'd closed them like they closed us it wouldn't have been a problem.