So in the hypothetical world

Tooj

We should go for Egil Olsen eh?

A merited French manager who speaks English and Spanish would be great. (Rudi Garcia speaks French, Spanish and English btw)

Edited by Aeris

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems the easy answer to say someone French but id have thought Carr has built up a nice little list of managerial targets for when relevant.

The 8 year contract was just ridiculous. Even if they sack him its more bad PR and the quotes about stability will get throw in their face. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised to wake up one day to an overnight announcement that Pardew has left and been replaced by a French bloke no one has heard of!

I don't follow much European football so not sure on any names in Ligue 1?

I don't follow much European football so not sure on any names in Ligue 1?

But you follow English football, and there's definitely none to be sure about there (who is available).

Mental.

Yeah, lets change manager when we've got owners that seem able to annoy anyone by overriding them.

Did you read the outcome of the Keegan trial?

I'm happy we've got a manager of Pardew's standard to be honest, I think we're dreaming of anyone better.

So, another for the keep him in camp - I reckon he can take the crap the board give him.

Ashley & Llambias have been genius in the sense that Pardew seems to be getting the blame for everything.

Never mind we've still only got Cisse & Ameobi up top. :banana:

I'm not a paid signed up member of the Pardew out brigade. I'm a member of the Pardew sort it our brigade, he's entitled to one shit season after last year, a repeat next season would see my support for him go forever.

I'm not a paid signed up member of the Pardew out brigade. I'm a member of the Pardew sort it our brigade, he's entitled to one shit season after last year, a repeat next season would see my support for him go forever.

that's a fair assesment and pretty much where i stand too.

he over achieved last season, despite having a small squad. this time round he suffered from not being backed in the summer, team's figuring us out and not having much in the way of a plan b other than hoy on shola and lump the ball up to him.

first of all, he's got to keep us up. after that, he's got enough credit in the bank to be given the opportunity to turn things around next season - hopefully with proper backing from the owner this time in the summer window. if we're in this sort of position at christmas time, he'll be under big pressure.

The fact that Pardew has never been able to put out a first choice starting 11 since the last transfer window makes it difficult to say really.

He pretty much did on Sunday and that resulted in the worst defeat of the season! Anyway, pointless talk of 'who would we replace Pardew with' as he isn't going anywhere and nor should he. He will learn a lot from this season and hopefully he will grow as a manager and grow us as a team next season. There is no point in going through managers every 5 minutes. If stability means the odd wobbly season to get there, then we have to take the good with the bad. I've hated this season, but I accepted it in the long run.

He pretty much did on Sunday and that resulted in the worst defeat of the season! Anyway, pointless talk of 'who would we replace Pardew with' as he isn't going anywhere and nor should he. He will learn a lot from this season and hopefully he will grow as a manager and grow us as a team next season. There is no point in going through managers every 5 minutes. If stability means the odd wobbly season to get there, then we have to take the good with the bad. I've hated this season, but I accepted it in the long run.

You think he wouldn't start Santon, coloccini or Ben arfa

The fact that Pardew has never been able to put out a first choice starting 11 since the last transfer window makes it difficult to say really.

What was the squad against Sunderland if not first choice? Seems like you have the opinion it's not possible to win matches without a perfect first choice match squad, and that tactics, team talks etc comes far down the list of importance.

Paolo Di Canio proved that a perfect "first choice" squad is far less important if you have the flexibility to understand how to use what you got.

Edited by Aeris

I do remember Moyes having a stinking season with Everton in the mid to late 2000s where they struggled all year, but they kept faith with him and it paid off in the end, I think Pardoo deserves one more season even if he's got this one wrong

I do remember Moyes having a stinking season with Everton in the mid to late 2000s where they struggled all year, but they kept faith with him and it paid off in the end, I think Pardoo deserves one more season even if he's got this one wrong

I think that was the season after they finished 4th

They did but their squad at the time was nowhere near as good as ours is now. Plus you have to look at the fact Moyes was a lot younger than Pardew is now, so looking at Pardew's career this seems a common thing.

Pardews Plan A can't be implemented with 3 first teamers injured can it?

Our furst team setup has changed weekly for months.

So you don't think that their should be some kind of ethos setup at the club so that whenever somebody is injured another play can slot into our system?

So you don't think that their should be some kind of ethos setup at the club so that whenever somebody is injured another play can slot into our system?

Nope, in Newcastle nobody shows up in training unless they are certain to be in the first 11.

I really wonder what we do in training though, some say we prioritize defensive training, but we have like the shittiest defense in the league sometimes. We cant use our wingers, our midfield seems disconnected from the rest, and set-pieces is utter shit unless Cabaye has a good day. What the fuck do we do in training?

Edited by Aeris

I do

I think that's the ethos we had last season and I praised Pardew for it....

Whatever criticism you level at Ryan Taylor, he was part of the best defense in the league before Saturday. Pardew would be daft to unbalance that if not forced to by injury.

Pleases me to have a manager who has a definite idea where he wants players to play, and won't deviate from it unless absolutley forced to. 2 men fighting for every position, everyone knows their place, and everyone works to make the place their own. The back-up we have is pretty poor, especially at left back, everyone knows it's our weakest position....

Krul/Harper

Simpson/Santon

Colo/Perch

Taylor/Williamson

RTaylor/???

Guti/Marveaux

Cabaye/Gosling

Tiote/Guthrie

Obertan/Sameobi

Ba/Ameobi

Ben Arfa/Best

This season has never seemed like there's a plan A for a system, so that when someone is injured we slot their backup in. I don't know if it's the volume of injuries or trying to find the best position for the new players in a system, but Pardew just seems to have been battling to get 11 men on the pitch in one formation or another.

I'm not so sure if getting a French manager in would be a good idea, there must already be a divide between the French and non-French speakers, a French manager may just exacerbate the problem.