So in the hypothetical world

Tooj

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's in a nutshell really, once the players go its over.

Look, I realise we've had 2 historically bad results at home.

My problem with this statement is that you can't really argue he "has the players" in the first place, when you draft in half a first team in January and expect them to fit in.

It takes Man-U a year or more to get some of its new signings (especially the prospects) going into the first team.

The problem for me will always sit at the board level, whats any manager to do with 12 first team players at the start of a campaign. We all knew that just 1 or 2 injuries would crock us, we've had 5 or more.

Yes, pardews baffling defensive tactics annoy, but no one was moaning last year when he was essentially the same guy.

Changing managers gets us nowhere, but then we can't do anything about the board either, despite the NUST trying its best....

Once the players go its over.

Our players have busted guts until the final minute of several games in recent months. Something might have happened in the dressing room that has broken any support for Pardew in the past fortnight, but I think the performance against West Brom suggests there is a desire to play for him.

The likes of Ferguson and Wenger, have been on the end of 6, 7 and 8 goal thrashings. Pardew doesn't have one ounce of the good will they do, but neither of them had necessarily lost their dressing rooms, just one of those freak days where your whole team let's you down.

No, not at home it doesn't, not if the teams any good. As for our away record....

West Brom did it to Southampton this weekend.......and last week everyone was complaining that we didn't steam-roller them as if they are shit.

Chelsea did it to Fulham the week before.

Liverpool walked over Wigan 4 nowt at their place a few weeks back, and 3 nowt at QPR before that.

It hurt more, being Sunderland, but compared to Saturday that performance was full of vim :D

Our players have busted guts until the final minute of several games in recent months. Something might have happened in the dressing room that has broken any support for Pardew in the past fortnight, but I think the performance against West Brom suggests there is a desire to play for him.

The likes of Ferguson and Wenger, have been on the end of 6, 7 and 8 goal thrashings. Pardew doesn't have one ounce of the good will they do, but neither of them had necessarily lost their dressing rooms, just one of those freak days where your whole team let's you down.

I disagree, I think its been a wearing down process which started very early in the season. It began with Pardews idea to ditch the 433 that worked so well post Christmas last year and instead play Cisse on the wing, it was compounded by sticking with Jonas even though Pardew knew he "was having a bad season".

Cisse has spent most of the season chasing scraps and we've looked unbalanced all season with virtually no link up between midfield and the front.

Of course there are lots of other factors involved, but for me this is just a culmination of very poor decision making from Pardew.

The only up side is that we have some very good players who, coached well, will make a great team. The worry is that they will have had enough. It is essential that they see some light at the end of the tunnel which is why Pardew going now may lift some spirits, followed by a good appointment ASAP.

No there wasnt plenty moaning and Team negative was a thing mainly from the season before. Virtually everyone were happy bunnys last year.

I dont question pardoo based on results. I questioned his appointment. I questioned his ability while we were winning and I still think he's very average.

I don't expect any more with the injuries, and I expected less over the previous 14 games, But we all knew the blip was coming. The only surprising thing is how quickly bitterness is spreading round the board.

http://www.toontasti...ost__p__1009725

Slightly annoys me that the bad performances are passed off as 'one of those days' or just 'run out of steam'.

We can be critical off woeful performances while also recognising the huge strides taken this season, I'd hope Pardew concentrates on the failings in away performances like yesterday, Wigan, Spurs, Fulham, Liverpool and Norwich, because there were quite a few of "those days" this season, not where we lost valiantly, despite best endeavour, but where we just never showed up at all. You don't improve by looking on the bright side and ignoring it.

Happy as anyone with the overall season, let's kick on and hopefully get some better first team options than Simpson, Williamson, Perch, the Taylors, Obertan, Gosling....

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/32838-everton-vs-newcastle-united-sun-13-may-2012-300pm/page__st__460#entry1079235

Best bit of that last one was your response CT....

Sometimes when the same players play as poorly as that its too simplistic just to put it down to tactics or formations etc.

:lol:

Probably exactly what Pardew says on the training field.

Like the way you missed out the first bit of my quote..... "I dont disagree with you"..... ;)

Aye, and the second part of it....."I just dont really want to dwell on it"

Proof positive you were walking round in a blinkered Pardew wonderland forgiving a multitude of sins while loads of us were worried about some awful perrformances, and saying as much, no matter where we finished.

While we're all piling in with "told you so CT" posts from last season:

Theyve all got you on ignore Leazes, they cant see your question :)

I think Ashleys praying we dont qualify for Europe. I never thought Id say this but so do I. If we qualify for the Europa League I wouldnt be surprised if we have a flirt with relegation next season. Certainly we wont finish in the top 7.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/32493-nufc-summer-transfer-activity-thread/page__hl__%2Btransfer+%2Bactivity

Hows that for a prediction CT? :lol:

as for that fuckin Guus Hiddink....

Amid much knee-jerk, social media fuelled, outrage it is important to introduce a bit of context. After all, only last month Guus Hiddink – who knows a thing or two about English football – praised Pardew's tactics to the skies and predicted that Newcastle "are so strong they must be in the Premier League's top five next season" after his Anzhi Makhachkala ensemble were knocked out of the Europa League by the Tynesiders

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/28/newcastle-united-liverpool-premier-league-alan-pardew

I brought up my feelings that this is NOTHING to do with management, and EVERYTHING to do with the owner and his motivation for the club.

HappyFace replied with other people were complaining about Pardew, which is cool - none of my mates were though.

Are we avoiding the subject of Ashley because its too depressing to accept the reality that the club is not tied to the city anymore? - its a business venture by one of the greediest and most sucessful capitalist retail magnets?

Blaming Pardew is fine, hes not the best manager in the world, but I happen to believe we have no chance of getting anyone decent since the Keegan trial. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence is going to check the outcome of that trial and think no way.

We've got Pardew, a wafer thin squad and no real aspirations to challenge for anything decent anytime soon - because we have an owner thats looking to make a profit making company that HE can take dividends on.

Getting rid of Pardew will replace him with another puppet - and have exactly the same problems.

If someone comes in with a decent offer for any of our players they are gone. Why the fans didn't believe Carolls explanation of his departure fuels this denial conspiracy for me. (though I saw it as good business, its the manner it was done)

Ho hum, maybe I'm just hopelessly pessimistic - the manager is irrelevant to me - the business plan for NUFC is everything.

You can talk about how being affiliated with Wonga is not so bad, but thats denial too - it will make us the dogend of so many away chants - who else would touch Wonga? some lower league team who can take the bribe? Its ironic that our sponsor will have the same business plan as our owner - I bet Ashley is laughing all the way to the bank with our fans who will continue to buy the newest replica shirt no matter what the team does. Makes Douglas's comments look tame.

I'll just add, I still love the toon though - through thick and thin - but this is the thickest in my entire time here. The closest for me, was when Bobby was sacked and the MAJORITY of fans who sat near me all thought it was a good decision... ROFL.