So in the hypothetical world

Tooj

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You laugh but that's the kind of appointment Ashley will make. Him or Curbishley.

Nah. A lot's changed since Pardew was last appointed.

Rafael Benitez wants to stay in the Premier League - and has revealed the hunt for his next job is well underway.

Chelsea's interim boss was met with boos and banners when he replaced fan favourite Roberto Di Matteo on a short-term deal in November.

But after securing Champions League football and guiding the Blues to Wednesday's Europa League final, the Spaniard is keen for a third stint in the Premier League.

"It is started already, the agents are working," the former Liverpool manager said.

"My job is to concentrate on the games, my agent is talking around.

"The Premier League is a fantastic league, my family still live in England so it would be easier but if not I will go abroad. I have no problem with Spanish, Italian, French (leagues).

"I was on holiday for nearly two years (before Chelsea). I want another job.

"The priority is still England but if you cannot find a club maybe you have to go abroad."

Admitting he has set his sights on a top post, the 53-year-old added: "When I was not working, some people said 'he cannot get a job' but I had a lot of offers.

"But you are looking for a top side or a for a proper project to build something.

"There are two options for the future - to get a project, two or three years to build a team like at Liverpool.

"Or maybe a top side with money where you can buy some players and maybe be challenging for trophies from the beginning.

"I'm sure we will have offers. We already have some clubs asking, but it depends on the level or the project."

Everton? :lol:

No money and rivals of his dream club?

I'd be very surprised, Jon.

I'd say there's more chance he'd come here and I doubt that would happen either.

The scouse mackems fuckin hate him like..."Rafael Beneath-us" they called him :lol:

his er "interesting" season at Chelsea shows that he doesnt give a fuck about what the fans think and has the hide of a rhino, so Everton isnt beyond the realms of possiblity, am presuming his family still live in the north west?..

He'll want more money than we'd be prepared to pay him. Simple as that.

Re Everton, I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that he could end up there. It would depend more on any assurances he could get around transfer budget than it would on his love of Liverpool imo. It's not like he's got the pick of the litter if he wants to stay in the Premiership.

I hope he starts next season well, has a dip in the middle of the season, then finishes strongly. I'd like to see CT complete a full 720. Stick him in a tutu and let's get this party started.

They did but their squad at the time was nowhere near as good as ours is now. Plus you have to look at the fact Moyes was a lot younger than Pardew is now, so looking at Pardew's career this seems a common thing.

I think i've just worked out what Tooj was saying yesterday about the Moyes 'myth'. Basically, the Moyes squad that came 4th the season before finishing nearly relegated 'was nowhere near as good as ours'.

I think the main myth i'm hearing at the moment is about the 'relative' strength of our squad. Relative to the other 19 teams in the league, based on their fitness, presentation rates and performances. We have a couple of top class players, thats it.

We have a great first XI, but the quality of our bench is, on the whole, poor.

When we have our fist XI fit, we are a match for anyone, but we've missed Krul, Coloccini, Taylor, Cabaye, Tiote and Ben Arfa for long periods this season. Any team outside the top 4 would miss these players.

martinez would have to be in with a shout if pardew were to get the chop. i can't see it. way more likely that we back him then sack him in september after a crap start to the season then panic hire steve bruce. because that's how we roll.

Me has the feeling we're about to lose a lot of good players now, almost certain... we wouldn't have if we just had been progressive enough to replace Pardew with someone more online with the style our guys needs to play to fullfill their potential. Nobody wants to play for a manager who has lost the fans, restroom, his mind, grip around reality.

Alan Pardew saying he's "Hopeful stars will stay at St James' Park this summer" , is only giving me typical sense of the opposite happening.

Fuck stability, I don't want Pardew slowly turning Newcastle into a crap version of Stoke because that's what Pardew stability means. He's never gonna get the players he needs for the style he's so adamant to play anyway. Let's find someone who can play our squad to their actual ability.

Edited by Aeris