So in the hypothetical world

Tooj

That Mike Ashley and Llambias decide that they've had enough of the insipid football that Pardew has made them watch - who would you go for as his replacement?

In the past I was a big champion of Roberto Martinez and I do think that he is an upgrade on Pardew, but after the way he has carried on over the Haidara incident I don't want him here any more. Especially as I think that it might not go down too well with the players as well. For the resources at his disposal he does brilliantly to keep Wigan up every season, and they do play quite exciting football at times.

Anyway I won't waste more time talking about Martinez due to the fact I have already stated that I don't want him.

After thinking about this all afternoon I think we should look at bringing in Frank Rijkaard as our next manager. (Sorry Isegrim) Thinks might not have went so well for him in his last two jobs (Saudi Arabia & Galatasaray) but as he is already available I think that he would come here and would make a very good job of it.

He's another student of Cruijff and has a certain football philosophy that he believes in. His teams are very good at pressing the opposition and he always makes sure that they are very good in transitional play. This is one of our big weaknesses under Pardew at the moment, we simply don't do it.

For a while now as well I've wanted us to instil a style at all levels of the club, so when somebody breaks through from the youth team they aren't out of their depth as they know what they are coming into. (Although the bairns play far better football than the first team!) It might take a while to implement but I do believe that it is something that Rijkaard would bring to the table.

Oh and this thread is to have none of that well they won't sack him so let's not discuss this anyway chat. Yes Gemmill, I mean you. :razz:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the thread on NO I'm entirely underwhelmed by every suggestion made.

Happy enough for Pardew to get another year at least. I mean what would your expectations be of this replacement? A Europa finish?

I would expect a challenge for top 6, but more importantly I see a desire to beat teams. Take it to them, see if they can handle our attackers. If they can, fair play.

This.

I would expect a challenge for top 6, but more importantly I see a desire to beat teams. Take it to them, see if they can handle our attackers. If they can, fair play.

Our attackers are a pretty shallow pool. Have you seen how many games Shola gets?

What attackers....

I said on Newcastle-Online that we should go for Zemen for a laugh. It would certainly be entertaining.

I would sack Pardew for Zeman in a heartbeat.

I'd say no thank you to any UK manager, except a few like Ferguson and Moyes, they mostly seem to be of total crap quality. A French manager would seem appropriate, maybe the talented Lille manager Rudi Garcia would like to rejoin Cab and Debuchy .

So you're basing sweeping generalisations on all English managers yet at the same time saying a French manager would be ok? :anguish:

Yes, not just English managers, British managers in general are just low-life scum.