So in the hypothetical world

Tooj

I'm not so sure if getting a French manager in would be a good idea, there must already be a divide between the French and non-French speakers, a French manager may just exacerbate the problem.

That was my feeling a while ago but right now I'd take that risk.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benitez

Montanier (looks like he's signing an extension though)

Martinez

Girard

Rijkaard

Ketsbaia (romanticism on my part but think that it would work :lol: )

Those would be the ones of the top of my head. More than likely it would be Ian Holloway though.

In an ideal world Wigan are the third team relegated and we pinch Martinez off them.

I think Ketsbaia would work too like. You wouldn't get surrenders like yesterday.

Who's the most keeganesque manager these days?

Difficult to say really. There's a lot of mythology around Keegan & people do him a lot of disservices - I think he was a better manager than what he gets credit for - his whiteboard didn't just say ''attack'' - although obviously that was what made the man.

The general consensus is that people want an attacking manager to replace Pardew - I couldn't say who that's going to be but I think nowadays people will have to buy into his philosophy & be patient with it. If we appoint a more cultured manager we'll need to give him time to play his game.

Difficult to say really. There's a lot of mythology around Keegan & people do him a lot of disservices - I think he was a better manager than what he gets credit for - his whiteboard didn't just say ''attack'' - although obviously that was what made the man.

The general consensus is that people want an attacking manager to replace Pardew - I couldn't say who that's going to be but I think nowadays people will have to buy into his philosophy & be patient with it. If we appoint a more cultured manager we'll need to give him time to play his game.

I'd have KK in a heartbeat and always will however...

I'm more bothered about a quality manager who inspires the players and will take us on. Quite happy to win 1-0.

I think when you say about people wanting an attacking manager I just think that a lot of people think Pardew has chosen to set us up in a way that doesn't maximise the skills of players we have, such as Cabaye.

I will always believe a braver manager would have got a lot more out of this squad.

When I think about my first glimpse of Cabaye at Darlington I could cry at how little we've managed to play to that tenacious attacking side of him.

To be fair he's had us attacking at times and creating plenty of chances - I think it's the attitude from that start that people take issue with particularly away from home. Had we turned up yesterday at all - I wouldn't be feeling as bad about it.

The fact is he's lost the crowd & the players aren't playing for him - whatever the reasons that's enough to get rid because it's as rare as hens teeth you see that situation turned around - so he needs replacing. Simple as.

To be fair he's had us attacking at times and creating plenty of chances - I think it's the attitude from that start that people take issue with particularly away from home. Had we turned up yesterday at all - I wouldn't be feeling as bad about it.

The fact is he's lost the crowd & the players aren't playing for him - whatever the reasons that's enough to get rid because it's as rare as hens teeth you see that situation turned around - so he needs replacing. Simple as.

That's in a nutshell really, once the players go its over.

Ah right!

I thought he was all over the pitch against Darlington, hence my infamous Rob Lee quite.

I didn't go and I'm glad I didn't. Darlo is full of radgies at the best of times. :lol:

Went to Leeds instead come to think of it - Cabaye tackled a lad and the ball - I shit you not - landed on the roof.

Ah right!

I thought he was all over the pitch against Darlington, hence my infamous Rob Lee quite.

Nah he played quite a bit deeper but more dynamic than he is now. Also he wasn't making late surging runs into the box that Rob Lee used to. Can see why you thought that of him though as that was what a lot of people were expecting him to be. :up:

I also might have ended up on the pitch that game. :whistle:

Nah he played quite a bit deeper but more dynamic than he is now. Also he wasn't making late surging runs into the box that Rob Lee used to. Can see why you thought that of him though as that was what a lot of people were expecting him to be. :up:

I also might have ended up on the pitch that game. :whistle:

:lol:

Aye a few radgies in that night.

Ketsbaia's then young daughter walked into the mens bogs in Zorbas just as I was about to unzip and unleash the beast. Not sure if she spoke English and she was little more than a toddler but after I got her out of the bogs I had visions of Ketsbaia trying to lace my nappa like an advertising hoarding after getting the wrong end of the stick!

Ketsbaia's then young daughter walked into the mens bogs in Zorbas just as I was about to unzip and unleash the beast. Not sure if she spoke English and she was little more than a toddler but after I got her out of the bogs I had visions of Ketsbaia trying to lace my nappa like an advertising hoarding after getting the wrong end of the stick!

First CT, now you. :o

Operation Yeetree :lol: