So in the hypothetical world

Tooj

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh, that was quite the rant from me... tough fortnight.

It has been and that post has further depressed me further. NUFC' eh? Never ceases to amaze me how it always ends up kicking you in the gonads.

It has been and that post has further depressed me further. NUFC' eh? Never ceases to amaze me how it always ends up kicking you in the gonads.

even when the likes of liverpool, spurs, everton et al have shite seasons, they recover and end up with a respectable top half finish. we go from 5th to fighting relegation.

only newcastle could fuck things up quite so quickly and so spectacularly.

I brought up my feelings that this is NOTHING to do with management, and EVERYTHING to do with the owner and his motivation for the club.

HappyFace replied with other people were complaining about Pardew, which is cool - none of my mates were though.

Are we avoiding the subject of Ashley because its too depressing to accept the reality that the club is not tied to the city anymore? - its a business venture by one of the greediest and most sucessful capitalist retail magnets?

Blaming Pardew is fine, hes not the best manager in the world, but I happen to believe we have no chance of getting anyone decent since the Keegan trial. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence is going to check the outcome of that trial and think no way.

We've got Pardew, a wafer thin squad and no real aspirations to challenge for anything decent anytime soon - because we have an owner thats looking to make a profit making company that HE can take dividends on.

Getting rid of Pardew will replace him with another puppet - and have exactly the same problems.

If someone comes in with a decent offer for any of our players they are gone. Why the fans didn't believe Carolls explanation of his departure fuels this denial conspiracy for me. (though I saw it as good business, its the manner it was done)

Ho hum, maybe I'm just hopelessly pessimistic - the manager is irrelevant to me - the business plan for NUFC is everything.

You can talk about how being affiliated with Wonga is not so bad, but thats denial too - it will make us the dogend of so many away chants - who else would touch Wonga? some lower league team who can take the bribe? Its ironic that our sponsor will have the same business plan as our owner - I bet Ashley is laughing all the way to the bank with our fans who will continue to buy the newest replica shirt no matter what the team does. Makes Douglas's comments look tame.

good post and pretty much sums up how i feel.

i feel a bit sorry for pardew. he was fucked up the arse by the owner in the summer over the lack of transfers.

despite a decent effort to repair the damage in the january window, he hasn't been able to galvanise the squad (which is still way too thin) and turn things around.

i thought he deserved another crack at it next season but we really shouldn't be in the relegation mix at this stage of the season, even despite the owner's lack of support at the start of it. and there might not be any coming back from the two recent home results, even if he is able to turn it around and keep us up.

Had a dream that there was a massive international press conference to announce our new manager and it turned out to be a fella called Rich Richardson who Ashley had poached from Chester Le Street FC!

Apparently he'd been on a 10 match winning run and they were heralding him as the next big thing.

This Rich Richardson was walking around grinning like a fool wondering what the fuck he was doing there.

Why am I excited about tomorrow?

I don't understand it, I was filled with dread all week lurking on the forums , but somehow I feel this could be a positive turning point and we could beat West Ham without giving them a look in.

Must be the drugs.

After a week of shite being spouted from all quarters it's just exciting to get back to actually playing football again tomorrow!

That and it's a long weekend so we can all go out and get fucked up (well those of us without small children to look after ;) ).

Why am I excited about tomorrow?

I don't understand it, I was filled with dread all week lurking on the forums , but somehow I feel this could be a positive turning point and we could beat West Ham without giving them a look in.

Must be the drugs.

I thought that too earlier in the week. Then I woke up.