Yohan Kebab,Depression & The Taxman(with chilli and garlic)

scoobos

Having recently come out and said he has been suffering from depression , I think its showing in his game.

He's a quality player though, with the world at his feet - so it goes to show that it can affect anyone.

A worry is that depression isnt something that goes away forever - I really hope that he can adapt to life in the North East , it has been a god awful winter though.

I admire him for being public about it as it raises awareness, but it worries me that another one of our first team key players has long term injury doubts.

Maybe its me, but hes looked so frustrated for many games now.

Edited by scoobos

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to think its his illness thats made his form dip, rather than vice-versa.

He's had a longish term injury too.

I'd rather see Staylor as skipper tho, tbh.

Edited by scoobos

I like to think its his illness thats made his form dip, rather than vice-versa.

He's had a longish term injury too.

I'd rather see Staylor as skipper tho, tbh.

I said this last night. Out of everyone in our squad, he's the one who knows how much everything means to the fans. I haven't seen Cabaye act like a captain on the field. I reckon Saylor would be quite canny

I said this last night. Out of everyone in our squad, he's the one who knows how much everything means to the fans. I haven't seen Cabaye act like a captain on the field. I reckon Saylor would be quite canny

One thing I noticed yesterday was that any time one of our players was called over by the referee that Cabaye was nowhere to be seen, Taylor was certainly more of a captain yesterday than he was.

Reading what he says about the depression he just can't wait for 3 months away from football, because he's been playing virtually non-stop for 2 years.

Don't think he does himself any favours talking about it like that because he plays a lot less games than top players in the Champions league, so if he ever fancies that move upwards he's shooting himself in the foot.

One thing I noticed yesterday was that any time one of our players was called over by the referee that Cabaye was nowhere to be seen, Taylor was certainly more of a captain yesterday than he was.

I noticed the opposite tbh, cabaye seemed to be there every time

• 4 weeks later...

My only worry about Cabaye leaving would be the effect on Debuchy - given they're supposed best mates then he probably won't be too happy that Cabaye is leaving...and since Simpson is nailed on to leave then we'll have to choose between a grumpy Debuchy and the very green Tavernier next season.

£23m could get a host of good premier league experienced players to pad out the paper thin nature of the squad...

Great. Get one of Frances best players for buttons, totally mis use him and sell him.

Let's rejoice.

If we aren't capable of using him, what do we do? Keep him just cos he's supposed to be such a good player? Unless you're suggesting that we ship the manager and then spend heavily to bring other players in who complement his style. Do you see it happening?

Also, is he really good enough to justify that (having now had a think on that point).

Edited by Rayvin