Yohan Kebab,Depression & The Taxman(with chilli and garlic)

scoobos

Great. Get one of Frances best players for buttons, totally mis use him and sell him.

Let's rejoice.

One of France's best players in a handful of games. Possibly our most disappointing in all the games he's played for us this season though.

It's not as black and white as you're making out - he's been piss poor for most of the season, free-kick goals aside. Can't find a teammate and can't run with the ball.

Sulked about his mate not arriving in the summer and now battling depression. It's evident he's not going to be the player he is for France in a NUFC shirt with Pards at the helm. I'd love for him to turn it all around but I think it's gone past that point now.

£23m could get us Carroll and a premiership midfielder that would do a job next season. Or even a winger who has some semblance of an end product to switch our play up a bit.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we aren't capable of using him, what do we do? Keep him just cos he's supposed to be such a good player? Unless you're suggesting that we ship the manager and then spend heavily to bring other players in who complement his style. I'd back that approach, but do you see it happening?

What I see happening and what I want to happen may be two different things. But Cabaye is a quality player who seems (like a lot of us) to have lost his mojo dealing with Pardews turgid football.

I would much rather have a manager who delivers the quality flowing football Cabaye was sold, rather than celebrate us getting rid.

What I see happening and what I want to happen may be two different things. But Cabaye is a quality player who seems (like a lot of us) to have lost his mojo dealing with Pardews turgid football.

I would much rather have a manager who delivers the quality flowing football Cabaye was sold, rather than celebrate us getting rid.

I guess in truth, so would I. But the realist in me says that it isn't going to happen, and that our best chance to improve probably involves cashing in.

His mojo might just have been affected by the title of this very thread as well. Again you seem to be unable to blame the players, only Pardew.

No-one will "celebrate getting rid", they'll just see £20m+ as good business.

Great. Get one of Frances best players for buttons, totally mis use him and sell him.

Let's rejoice.

Hate to tell you old son but this is how your uncle Mike has set the club up. Januarys splurge on other French talent soon to be sold for vast profit needs to be paid for first. Am surprised that you're seemingly surprised by this....

Hate to tell you old son but this is how your uncle Mike has set the club up. Januarys splurge on other French talent soon to be sold for vast profit needs to be paid for first. Am surprised that you're seemingly surprised by this....

Football genius.

Oh do give it a rest. I get the Ashley hatred but really?

I understand occasionally selling a star as all teams do (not just Mikes), but here we have players, good ones at that, wanting to be away because we have a manager who is shite.

I understand occasionally selling a star as all teams do (not just Mikes), but here we have players, good ones at that, wanting to be away because we have a manager who is shite.

If he wanted away that badly we wouldn't be talking about anywhere near £23m.

How did Cabaye's value increase by 5 times in 2 years if Pardew handled him so badly?

The only evidence of a release clause that I can see, was back when he signed a contract extension for Lille. It was 75 million Euros according to (the doubtless inaccurate) wikipedia.

Unless that's a typo and it was meant to be 7.5million.

Looking at the Cabaye Issue, I think we are also missing the point on Tiote here as well. He has been absolutely awful this season and has been like that since the summer. His lack of form amd ability of going missing in games has made Cabaye play so much more deeper. Cabaye on odd occassion has shown his quality however I think he will come back a stronger player if sold.

I personally think they will try to keep Cabaye but Tiote will be out and has been since October. I have always said since the Sissoko rumours started that he was finished and he will be cashed in on. Pardew can waffle on his warrior shite with Tiote but unfortunately it's time he took an honourable exit. I don't see him staying in the Premier League, I see him going to Italy. It would suit him better.

I also see Obertan going back to France.

PS I would be depressed having to play in the Europa league after starring in the World Cup!

Looking at the Cabaye Issue, I think we are also missing the point on Tiote here as well. He has been absolutely awful this season and has been like that since the summer. His lack of form amd ability of going missing in games has made Cabaye play so much more deeper. Cabaye on odd occassion has shown his quality however I think he will come back a stronger player if sold.

I personally think they will try to keep Cabaye but Tiote will be out and has been since October. I have always said since the Sissoko rumours started that he was finished and he will be cashed in on. Pardew can waffle on his warrior shite with Tiote but unfortunately it's time he took an honourable exit. I don't see him staying in the Premier League, I see him going to Italy. It would suit him better.

So, how many games have Cabaye and Tiote played together? Seems crazy to blame Cabaye's poor form on Tiote. Why not vice versa, in that case?

And I don't think Tiote has ever gone missing in a game. He might misplace a pass or go in hard too many times, but he hides less than anyone else. This would surely be backed up by him passing the ball as much as anyone in our side (dont have the stats to hand but I'm sure I've seen them).

Edited by BigWalrus