Explosions at the finishing line of Boston marathon

catmag

Some of the interviewing has been shocking, 'Did you see many police or paramedics around?' FFS.

Sounds exactly like a Kay Burley interview.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirmed that an 8-year old boy died in the explosion, not to mention how many innocent kids must've been affected in Iraq, Syria etc on a day to day basis.

Horrible, horrible events. There's no justification for this sort of act.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was an act of domestic terrorism given how it seems to be a pretty amateur operation.

Looks more likely the longer it goes without any group claiming responsibility or at least associating the bombing with their own agenda.

Confirmed that an 8-year old boy died in the explosion, not to mention how many innocent kids must've been affected in Iraq, Syria etc on a day to day basis.

Horrible, horrible events. There's no justification for this sort of act.

There is no justification, there is clearly much motivation for violence though.

Let's not kid ourselves that the western policy of bombing half a dozen middle eastern countries does not perpetuate violence in Iraq, Syria etc. Or that the removal of freedoms in the US itself hasn't caused a great deal of anger.

Phil Jones of Man u was on twitter last night saying he couldn't imagine why anyone would do this.....he should watch some news.....most of us are just waiting to hear which of the myriad of motivations rises to the top here.

It could just be a crank of course. But anyone running round crying "why? WHY?!" hasn't been paying attention.

Timothy Mcveigh bombing was around patriot day too. The enemy within it seems. The sad fact is I agree with their sentiment, just not their methods.

What sentiment? No one has put forward any reason for it.

Confirmed that an 8-year old boy died in the explosion,

Former Ireland Correspondent of the Boston Globe, Kevin Cullen, said the father of a young boy who died in the blasts, had just finished the race.

"When he finished the race his young son left the sidewalk, he went on to Boylston Street and hugged his dad and then he went back on the sidewalk and his father went on to register his time," he said.

"The bomb exploded, the boy was killed, his mother was severely injured."

Mr Cullen said he knew a firefighter who picked up the dead boy's sister.

"My friend the firefighter picked the girl up and carried her to an ambulance," he added.

"He said that when he put her down he realised her leg was missing.

:(

Unfortunately there's some Twitter attention seekers posting pics of children in running gear (I've seen it with a girl and a boy) saying that the child themselves had just finished the marathon and were running for Sandy Hook elementary school when they were killed. It's being re-tweeted like mad despite the fact that 8 year olds arent allowed to run the marathon and that no runners themselves were injured.

I have to say looking at the youtube clip or whatever it was, I am well impressed with the serivces, on how quickly they got there, the guy in the army uniform, looks like he's used to it, going in there ripping out the fencing to gain access etc, also at the end you can see all of the services in the one area - quite impressive - considering that this is something that people have only been trained for and perhaps not actually done in the real world.

I can't say how much I'm impressed with those people - solid stuff.

State police spokesman David Procopio said: "The incident in Watertown did involve what we believe to be explosive devices possibly, potentially, being used against the police officers."

Certainly seems like it could be linked to the bombings though you'd think they'd want to get away as quickly as possible from the Boston area.