Resting between matches

So, after the debarcle of the derby day defeat, much was made of the fact that we had only played on the thursday before - just 2 and 1/2 days since the previous game, whereas the shite had a full week of 'rest'.

Considering we have now had a week of rest (well 6 days), would that be considered to be long enough to recharge the batteries as they say, and also then taking into account WBA haven't played since the 6th, which will be 14 days ish.

I know that team train on a regular basis but the effort put in at these session isn't half what happens in a real game.

So is there an optimum period ? as they say the on a run upto a international break and then the team comes back a fall flat on it's face.

Do you think the 14 days or so that the baggies has had off is a good or a bad thing ?

Personally I think it's a good thing for us, as I seen often teams be sluggish on their return from a long break.

Thoughts ?

People take too narrow a view. Its not just that we played Thursday and Sunday...but we've played a game every 4 days for 6 weeks.

The macjems had played 3 games in 4 weeks.

Its the persistent playing/travelling that contributes to lethargy....not just 4 days of it.

Yep, it's the constant playing that does it.

The game against the mackems was a combination of a few elements:

Sissoko / Cabaye / Jonas / Mbiwa / Cisse all having played pretty much every minute of the last few weeks

Debuchy, Ben Arfa, Taylor, Tiote all having just returned from injury and lacking in match fitness

Whilst the break might help, I'm not sure it's going to make a massive difference. Cabaye has been pulling up with his dodgy groin in pretty much every game (whether he stays on the pitch or not). Having a few days rest isn't going to sort that problem out. We struggled in midfield at the weekend partly because Cabaye was leggy from the first minute. We would have been better off with him not there.