TONY Parks!

snakehips

Heard the ex Blackburn player/coach/manager on talksport this evening.

Asked how things were at Blackburn he couldn't resist a bit of a dig (imo):

'much better' 'the players have improved' 'we were fourth bottom when Mark came in'

'we were playing 4-5-1 which wasn't entertaining the crowds'

'it was "keep tight on the opposition" and trying to win 1 - 0'

He (Parks) was actually on about the carling cup tonight but didn't hold back on the not-too-veiled attack on a departed manager, it seemed to me.

The quotes are not verbatim as I can't recall exactly what was said but they are pretty near what he said, if not absolutely correct.

Some will criticise me for posting this as yet another attack on our manager, but I just thought I would post the comments as I couldn't help thinking that a lot of what he said didn't half ring true today imo.

Edited by snakehips

Plenty of people connected with Blackburn and fans have pointed out many things.

These include the drastic improvement in coaching and training/fitness, tactics and football being played. It isn't rocket science to see the reason for it.

Of course i don't know how Rovers can be playing well, i mean with Bellamy there the dressing room and team morale must be abysmal, as supposed to the amazing spirit we have here shown in the fact we can't ever come back from behind in the prem under Souness.

And why not bring up a favourite Souness quote/load of bulshit:

Bellamy will only ever get you 7 goals a season but Shola is a 20 a season player! (may have been 9 not 7, i can't remember)

Well Bellamy already has 9 and has been injured half the time, can't quite see Shola getting to the 20 mark this season though!!!

Plenty of people connected with Blackburn and fans have pointed out many things.

These include the drastic improvement in coaching and training/fitness, tactics and football being played. It isn't rocket science to see the reason for it.

Of course i don't know how Rovers can be playing well, i mean with Bellamy there the dressing room and team morale must be abysmal, as supposed to the amazing spirit we have here shown in the fact we can't ever come back from behind in the prem under Souness.

Bellamy will only ever get you 7 goals a season but Shola is a 20 a season player! (may have been 9 not 7, i can't remember)

Well Bellamy already has 9 and has been injured half the time, can't quite see Shola getting to the 20 mark this season though!!!

77684[/snapback]

Basically Souness is a twat, Bellamy's a twat and Shola's garbage.

77684[/snapback]

77685[/snapback]

Bellamy may well be a twat, but is there still anyone out there who believes he (and Robert, perhaps) were ruining our team spirit whereas now its "the best Souness has ever had". The team with the shite team spirit (and Bellamy) would be the one who used to regularly come back from behind to win games, the one with the amazing team spirit is the one who is beaten every single time they go behind and play like it.

Its obvious from the fact Souness pretty much mentions the dressing room or the spirit every week that he is way overcompensating, is hiding the fact he hasn't improved it at all and is tryign to still justify his fall outs with players by bullshitting about this amazing dressing room he has created.

You don't hear other managers who actually have a great dressign room/spirit mention it all the time, they just sit back and let the results show how good the spirit is. If he mentions it once more or says the word "proper" in any context i hope the interview twats the useless fucker!

77684[/snapback]

77685[/snapback]

Bellamy may well be a twat, but is there still anyone out there who believes he (and Robert, perhaps) were ruining our team spirit whereas now its "the best Souness has ever had". The team with the shite team spirit (and Bellamy) would be the one who used to regularly come back from behind to win games, the one with the amazing team spirit is the one who is beaten every single time they go behind and play like it.

Its obvious from the fact Souness pretty much mentions the dressing room or the spirit every week that he is way overcompensating, is hiding the fact he hasn't improved it at all and is tryign to still justify his fall outs with players by bullshitting about this amazing dressing room he has created.

You don't hear other managers who actually have a great dressign room/spirit mention it all the time, they just sit back and let the results show how good the spirit is. If he mentions it once more or says the word "proper" in any context i hope the interview twats the useless fucker!

77691[/snapback]

Souness's man management of talented troublemakers is dreadful but IMHO so was Bobby Robson's. Robert/Bellamy/Dire etc took the piss Royal under Bobby quite frankly.

Bellamy will piss on his chips elsewhere during his career I have no doubt about that.

Souness's man management of talented troublemakers is dreadful but IMHO so was Bobby Robson's. Robert/Bellamy/Dire etc took the piss Royal under Bobby quite frankly.

Bellamy will piss on his chips elsewhere during his career I have no doubt about that.

Bobby may have let the younger players get a little out of hand but as he said hismelf its what they gave him on the pitch that matters, ie. putting NUFC first and not his own petty little vendettas. Of course he did that hismelf with Nobby, but with Bellamy he had the brains to see what he offers on the pitch and put up with him being annoying.

And to be fair Bellamy has only had serious trouble with one manager, a manager who has had problems with many, many players before.

But like i said, its Souness (and his cronies) Bullshit that does my head in, as if Bellamy was almost singlehandedly ruining the team spirit and that now he's gone its amazing. Well it isn't, its shite and despite what 1 or 2 of them say, they don't give a shit about playing for Souness and there is practically no team spirit or morale as shown every single time we have any adversity (ie. going a goal behind etc.)

Souness may be an abysmal manager but he's a grade A bullshit merchant, i'll give him that!

Bobby may have let the younger players get a little out of hand but as he said hismelf its what they gave him on the pitch that matters, ie. putting NUFC first and not his own petty little vendettas. Of course he did that hismelf with Nobby, but with Bellamy he had the brains to see what he offers on the pitch and put up with him being annoying.

And to be fair Bellamy has only had serious trouble with one manager, a manager who has had problems with many, many players before.

But like i said, its Souness (and his cronies) Bullshit that does my head in, as if Bellamy was almost singlehandedly ruining the team spirit and that now he's gone its amazing. Well it isn't, its shite and despite what 1 or 2 of them say, they don't give a shit about playing for Souness and there is practically no team spirit or morale as shown every single time we have any adversity (ie. going a goal behind etc.)

Souness may be an abysmal manager but he's a grade A bullshit merchant, i'll give him that!

77703[/snapback]

I agree with most of that but I've been following Newcastle for over 20 years and I have to say we've always been one of the most gutless when we're behind. We almost never come back into a game and win after going behind. There was a brief spell under Robson when this situation was turned on its head but that passed all too quickly and we were back to same old same old well before he left, good team spirit or not.

Personally i think Souness is bobbins, but then I also think Bellamy isnt worth the hassle on balance.

I agree with most of that but I've been following Newcastle for over 20 years and I have to say we've always been one of the most gutless when we're behind. We almost never come back into a game and win after going behind. There was a brief spell under Robson when this situation was turned on its head but that passed all too quickly and we were back to same old same old well before he left, good team spirit or not.

Personally i think Souness is bobbins, but then I also think Bellamy isnt worth the hassle on balance.

Thats fair enough, i think he's easilly worth the hassle (as have all but oen of his managers), but not everyone thinks that way.

The difference now as supposed to in the past, is everyone knows for a fact we won't come back. You see/hear it when you're in pubs watching away matches, we go behind and thats it. In the past i always held out soem hope, and we even looked like coming back at times int he past, now its simply a case of game over and that is truly depressing, as footy fans always need hope.

Thats fair enough, i think he's easilly worth the hassle (as have all but oen of his managers), but not everyone thinks that way.

The difference now as supposed to in the past, is everyone knows for a fact we won't come back. You see/hear it when you're in pubs watching away matches, we go behind and thats it. In the past i always held out soem hope, and we even looked like coming back at times int he past, now its simply a case of game over and that is truly depressing, as footy fans always need hope.

77743[/snapback]

Fair enough-we disagree on Bellamy's value overall. I do think he was a very effective player though just for the record.

Re your other points (coming from behind), I can honestly say that even under Keegan I never really held out much hope for us after we'd gone behind. And lest we forget, the team spirit then was absolutely legendary. I just dont see Souness as a massive anomoly in the history of Newcastle in the 'coming from behind' argument.

I do however agree that he is a complete gobshite.

Fair enough-we disagree on Bellamy's value overall. I do think he was a very effective player though just for the record.

Re your other points (coming from behind), I can honestly say that even under Keegan I never really held out much hope for us after we'd gone behind. And lest we forget, the team spirit then was absolutely legendary. I just dont see Souness as a massive anomoly in the history of Newcastle in the 'coming from behind' argument.

I don't think they mentioned team spirit much under Keegan, as it was obviously great and therefore didn't need to be mentioned every sibngle week!

But the way Keegans team played there was always a chance of a goal or hope of a goal (for me anyway).

I don't have the stats obviously, but under Souness its something like once we've come from behind and won in the prem, and the records of all our other managers would have to be better than that!!! :)

I don't think they mentioned team spirit much under Keegan, as it was obviously great and therefore didn't need to be mentioned every sibngle week!

But the way Keegans team played there was always a chance of a goal or hope of a goal (for me anyway).

I don't have the stats obviously, but under Souness its something like once we've come from behind and won in the prem, and the records of all our other managers would have to be better than that!!! :)

77767[/snapback]

He's had lots of injuries to contend with though. And when he just gets his full strength team of propa players out there....... :)

77684[/snapback]

77685[/snapback]

wrong, Souness is a lying shitebag, Bellamy is a brilliant footballer and Shola is a donkey

77684[/snapback]

77685[/snapback]

77691[/snapback]

amazing how many are STILL taken in by Souness' spin and propaganda mate, "bad dressing room" my fecking arse

77684[/snapback]

77685[/snapback]

77691[/snapback]

amazing how many are STILL taken in by Souness' spin and propaganda mate, "bad dressing room" my fecking arse

77782[/snapback]

It's irrelevant. Neebody thinks he's the right manager, the arguments moved on. It's all about who and when to replace him. Keep up.

77684[/snapback]

77685[/snapback]

77691[/snapback]

77782[/snapback]

It's irrelevant. Neebody thinks he's the right manager, the arguments moved on. It's all about who and when to replace him. Keep up.

77802[/snapback]

I think the FACT! is that not that many ever did think he was the right man. Most were prepared to give him a chance though, but some wanted him out straight away.

77684[/snapback]

77685[/snapback]

77691[/snapback]

77782[/snapback]

77802[/snapback]

no it isn't, you STILL believe his lies about a player he sold....show us the evidence that the dressing room is better than it was, show us the evidence that it is better than under Bobby Robson when we were in the CL, show us the evidence that the "cancer" has moved from us to Blackburn.....

and it's relevant because we would be better off if he was still here, and the wanker responsible for kicking him out is still here repeating this crap.

So, admit you are wrong, for believing fuckwits lies ..... or prove otherwise

77684[/snapback]

77685[/snapback]

77691[/snapback]

77782[/snapback]

77802[/snapback]

no it isn't, you STILL believe his lies about a player he sold....show us the evidence that the dressing room is better than it was, show us the evidence that it is better than under Bobby Robson when we were in the CL, show us the evidence that the "cancer" has moved from us to Blackburn.....

and it's relevant because we would be better off if he was still here, and the wanker responsible for kicking him out is still here repeating this crap.

77820[/snapback]

As mentioned by myself elsewhere in this very thread-he's a gobshite. He lies and he concocts excuses. He's not the man for the job.

The team spirit was better before he came but with huge attitude problems and the team were in decline in any event and Robson wouldnt have solved the problem.

Another manager might have done better than Souness - most thought that was likely. Another manager might still do better-most still think that is likely.

We need another manager if we want to achieve anything-the only questions are who and when.

The Bellamy argument is irrelevant.

We need another manager if we want to achieve anything-the only questions are who and when.

Very true, and i've noticed from talking to people, that more and more are coming roudn to the view that he absolutely has to go and now, with anythign better than this one man disaster, whether it be something short term, long term, Shearer, or even letting the players pick the team and tactics themselves!!!

It used to be quite alot of people wanted him out, but many of them not until this season ended, now its increasingly becoming everyone wants him out and alot of them want it now.

The whole mess was probably best highlighted by an article from Graham Taylor recently. Now we all know the mistakes he made as maanger but he was a respected coach and knows the basics of the game very well.

And he, after watching us said that we had absolutely no structure, organisation, tactics or gameplan. That he couldn't work out what we were doing, that the players had no clue either and that we didn't even do the very basics of football.

And he's damn right. Souness has produced dull, negative depressing football to watch, but its also lacking in any tatcics, gameplan or even basic ideas of whats going on.

We never look like scoring and we play some truly awful long ball football. This is bad enough when aimed at Shearer who can cope, but when Souness signs a player like Luque with his attributes and gets players to smack the ball up at him, its embarassing.

77684[/snapback]

77685[/snapback]

77691[/snapback]

77782[/snapback]

77802[/snapback]

77820[/snapback]

As mentioned by myself elsewhere in this very thread-he's a gobshite. He lies and he concocts excuses. He's not the man for the job.

The team spirit was better before he came but with huge attitude problems and the team were in decline in any event and Robson wouldnt have solved the problem.

Another manager might have done better than Souness - most thought that was likely. Another manager might still do better-most still think that is likely.

77822[/snapback]

I don't agree, a proper manager would have commanded his respect, and we would be better off and have Owen, Bellamy and Shearer all on the books.

You are just someone else who has forgotten all about him playing for a season and a half with a career threatening injury.....and still put

almost all of his team mates to shame for desire, energy and will to win - poisonous and gobby, bollocks, on the pitch where it matters he was the biggest attacking influence we had and was instrumental in Shearer finding a new lease of life.

It is relevant for as long as it takes to adequately replace him [at huge cost] and for as long as the blind still believe fuckwits lies

Edited by LeazesMag

77684[/snapback]

77685[/snapback]

77691[/snapback]

77782[/snapback]

77802[/snapback]

77820[/snapback]

77822[/snapback]

I don't agree, a proper manager would have commanded his respect, and we would be better off and have Owen, Bellamy and Shearer all on the books.

As for "making excuses", you are just someone else who has forgotten all about him playing for a season and a half with a career threatening injury.....and still put

almost all of his team mates to shame for desire, energy and will to win - poisonous and gobby, bollocks, on the pitch where it matters he was the biggest attacking influence we had and was instrumental in Shearer finding a new lease of life.

It is relevant for as long as it takes to adequately replace him [at huge cost] and for as long as the blind still believe fuckwits lies

77849[/snapback]

Nobody believes Souness's lies. Desist!

The main reason we havent won anything despite all the cash injections is a lack of professionalism-throughout the club. Bellamy was a very good player but typified this. What is acceptable as a professional footballer at Newcastle United is way below what is acceptable at the top clubs. That is why you constantly see the same clubs come from behind. That is why we win sweet fanny adams.

Bellamy was a good player but not so good that he could win us anything singlehandedly. That is the only circumstance in which you can tolerate having that sort of player on your books (Diego Maradonna etc.)

He's gone and I really couldnt give a shiney shite because it would have had no impact on us picking up a pot/staying up this season, good player as he was.

77684[/snapback]

77685[/snapback]

77691[/snapback]

77782[/snapback]

77802[/snapback]

77820[/snapback]

77822[/snapback]

You are just someone else who has forgotten all about him playing for a season and a half with a career threatening injury.....and still put

77849[/snapback]

Incidentally, when I said the bit you highlighted ('lies and concocts excuses').....I was referring to Souness.

any relation to Tony Parks?

77811[/snapback]

Wondered if someone would pick it up.

Tony Parks is the guy from Blackburn - Phil Parks used to play in goal for QPR & West Ham in the 70s and 80s...

any relation to Tony Parks?

77811[/snapback]

Wondered if someone would pick it up.

Tony Parks is the guy from Blackburn - Phil Parks used to play in goal for QPR & West Ham in the 70s and 80s...

77863[/snapback]

thought he might have been that was all, just due to how many years Tony served the club as player/coach/manager/assistant, thought he may have been some sort of relative