The Battle for the Top Half

Happy Face

Exactly - that one win I'm starting to obsess about to get us to 40.

The Liverpool game is on ESPN so me and a mate were talking about finding somewhere to watch it but I'm not sure I want to, won't be a good feeling if that lot beat us.

Villa and Wigan have some tough, tough games there but when you're in their position in the table you just can't write them off. I reckon we'll see a surprise or two. I just hope Wigan's surprise win isn't over Spurs.

Plus they have to face each other, that could be a deciding game especially if they both lose their games in hand.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bale is back so that's no great worry. I'd like to think they can't pull the same trick for the third year running but they have some decent players - hopefully the cup final will somehow be a distraction and their league form will continue to be poor.

The Liverpool game will be tough but if we play like we have been - albeit with better finishing - there's no reason we can't take something from the game. Though I fear we might sit deep a la Swansea away last season - and it wont be as effective. Gerrard has brought his own ideasto that team and they compliment Rodgers style perfectly.

We'll have Marv back & Ben Arfa will be closer to fitness too - though it's not creating chances that is the issue.

Since CT couldn't work out the "as it stands" table...

nmatlj.jpg

2m4d84h.jpg

There is a thought running though my mind at present :-

IF Villa won tonight, the psychological pressure on Wigan would be very great, as they would be 6 points (2 wins minimum) to make up.

THIS, placed with the fact that their last 5 games are played in 15 days, NOTE between Swansea and Arsenal (both mid-week games) is the FA CUP final, and as we know, minds can go elsewhere in the run up to it.

Also if Villa lost, the fact of the 5 games in 15 days would still make them fav's to go down.

Of our remaining games, I have us winning 2 (Liverpool and QPR) and drawing to the other two (West Ham and Arsenal).

If we (and it was my first game of the season on sat) played like we did in the first half for every game remaining then I can see us getting the points required.

Keeping it toon.

SCT

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11695/8670477/Transfer-news-Danny-Rose-delays-talks-with-Sunderland-over-future

Rose has been impressed by Di Canio, who has overseen two wins out of his three matches in charge so far to leave them a point away from securing their Premier League status.

Am I missing something here or is the Sky Sports journo not the best at maths? They're 6 points above Wigan who have 15 points left to play for compared to their (and our) 12.

Our goal difference should be worth an extra point too, unfortunately you can't discount Arsenal putting a big dent in that on the last day.

I have a vision of the last half an hour with Debuchy, MBiwa, Colo, Taylor, Jonas, Tiote, Bigi, Anita and Shola all behind the ball trying to stop the killer goal.

http://www1.skysport...and-over-future

Am I missing something here or is the Sky Sports journo not the best at maths? They're 6 points above Wigan who have 15 points left to play for compared to their (and our) 12.

I think, like myself they can't see wigan actually winning all of their remaining games, at most 6 points, 1 win + 3 draws etc, so the extra point for the shite give them 7 points over wigan, which will be 2 wins and a draw or more, which i can't see them doing.

Also as well, checking last years money, there is @800k difference per place, so neither WBA (8th) or Swansea (9th) can make the europe places, but they are close enough to the scouse scum to make those places be worth @ 2.5m if they go upto 6th - so those games won't be a push over for Wigan.

The london scum and the Arsebandital are fighting for the champions league places, so that only leave villa and by then it could (and will) be all over.

Keeping it toon,

SCT

Edited by south_cheshire_toon

Looking at that Norwich should be worried as well given Villa's performance.

Edit: Also - the Wigan Arsenal match is at Arsenal I think.

Edited by NJS

I think it'll be us looking at those fixtures. Norwich are safe - no way Wigan will catch them.

Sunderland will beat Stoke, Villa will beat Wigan but Wigan will get wins v Swansea and West Brom.

Given the utter surrender from our team over the past 2 games then I don't see how we can get anything from those 3.

Who'd have thought Villa would have hammered Blunderland 6 - 1, moving them above us on goal difference and dropping us further down the table. It's looking gloomier now.

I think it'll be us looking at those fixtures. Norwich are safe - no way Wigan will catch them.

Sunderland will beat Stoke, Villa will beat Wigan but Wigan will get wins v Swansea and West Brom.

Given the utter surrender from our team over the past 2 games then I don't see how we can get anything from those 3.

We got a draw at West Brom...its not over but its looking grim. One out of the four in most danger wont get more than a point...just got to make sure its not us...Wigan have got the cup final too...

We need a lift from somewhere.

I can see Carroll terrorising us on Sat.

QPR game is vital but our away form this year suggests we'll struggle in that game as well.

arsenal are going for champions league spot as well.

It's not looking good at all.