The Battle for the Top Half

Happy Face

If we can't beat QPR, away or home, when they have nothing more to play for this season, we deserve to go down tbh.

If we can't beat them, none of our players or manager/coaches gives a shit about Newcastle. I hope next weeks training sessions involves whipping (preferably with razor blades attached to the end), players being locked into cages in awkward positions, wild predators on the training ground etc. and of course huge collective wage fines if not everything is going the way it should.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can't beat them, none of our players or manager/coaches gives a shit about Newcastle. I hope next weeks training sessions involves whipping (preferably with razor blades attached to the end), players being locked into cages in awkward positions, wild predators on the training ground etc. and of course huge collective wage fines if not everything is going the way it should.

Now you're talking :thumbup:

Don't know if I want the mackems to beat Stoke on Monday. Stoke are up against Spurs and Southampton in their last two games, they aren't safe by any means.

If you use some logic you might find there is an easy answer to that question.

pArDeW oUt!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree. It's the kind of game we always lose though

Yes, this could be the Villa type of game all over again, but with even more apathy than last time.

Sunderland and Wigan with two golden oppertunites to drop us right in the mire. Of course that brings its own pressure on those teams. No doubt Wigan can handle it, got to hope its too much for the mackems.

Astonishing its coming down to this.

This type of freak misfortune

Television replays suggested the ball had crept just over, albeit in real time this was almost impossible to spot. Matters were not helped by the linesman on that side falling over at the vital moment, leaving the decision to the referee, who simply could not see clearly enough to be sure.

combined with this

Looking for periods of this match like the most languidly unconcerned of relegation-menaced Premier League middleweights

and our dreadful inability to score goals makes me feel we are going down again.

What a shambles. Ashley you are a disaster.

But I do get an email EVERY SINGLE DAY giving me the opportunity to buy some NUFC tat at very attractive prices, which will cheer me through another stint in the league no-one gives a fuck about.

All the optimism from early February has evaporated.....we were all, pretty much to a man/woman, happy with the squad after the window. Not replacing Ba was mentioned, but many felt we were sufficiently strong enough in midfield to compensate for that, especially after Sissoko's performance v Chelsea. This was where we went wrong iyam, and obviously failing to replace any the 4/5 strikers who have left the club in the last year has also contributed to our downfall. Am going to Loftus Road next week...seems like Villa 09 all over again.

I am sickened by the fact that, as it stands now, it is totally OUT of our hands. Even if we win the rest of our games and the other teams in the relegation battle win theirs, we go down by goal differential.

Well done Pardew and management from the begining of the season till now for thinking we could go through the entire season (Carling Cup, FA Cup, Europa and League) with a poor thin squad. Well done, well done.

and obviously failing to replace any the 4/5 strikers who have left the club in the last year has also contributed to our downfall

I know I'm a stuck record on this point but any kind of reliance - and since January its been a huge one - on Shola has cost the club massively.

Edited by NJS

I am sickened by the fact that, as it stands now, it is totally OUT of our hands. Even if we win the rest of our games and the other teams in the relegation battle win theirs, we go down by goal differential.

Well done Pardew and management from the begining of the season till now for thinking we could go through the entire season (Carling Cup, FA Cup, Europa and League) with a poor thin squad. Well done, well done.

It's not out of our hands is it?

Wigan and villa play each other and the mackems play Southampton, they can't all get maximum points

That's not really true though, since some of the teams in the relegation battle have to play each other. Sunderland v Stoke, Sunderland v Southampton, Southampton v Stoke, Wigan v Aston Villa.

EDIT: Or what Andrew said.

Edited by hostile_statue

That's not really true though, since some of the teams in the relegation battle have to play each other. Sunderland v Stoke, Sunderland v Southampton, Southampton v Stoke, Wigan v Aston Villa.

EDIT: Or what Andrew said.

Well, there is only one team between us and Wigan, if there were more teams between us and Wigan we would have more control. AND, all teams in the battle have a better goal differential as it stands now.,

Yeah, as it stands now.

Not sure why you and others are so certain we're down. It really isn't a foregone conclusion and it won't be even if Sunderland and WIgan win their games in hand.

Beating QPR is essential regardless though, that much is true. I reckon Wigan will get a win, a draw, and a loss from their 3 games. So one win for us will be enough.

Yeah, as it stands now.

Not sure why you and others are so certain we're down. It really isn't a foregone conclusion and it won't be even if Sunderland and WIgan win their games in hand.

Beating QPR is essential regardless though, that much is true. I reckon Wigan will get a win, a draw, and a loss from their 3 games. So one win for us will be enough.

Its not mathematically, but the way things have been going for us and how our relegation rivals are faring at the moment you do fear the worst dont you?

Will certainly help things if Swansea can get a result on Tuesday.